Thread Closed Email Thread
4th December 2014, 01:49 AM |#10041  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by daihard

I agree that 40 minutes sounds a bit too long. My initial flash of the full Nov-22 zip took me about 15-20 minutes. The incremental zip file (each of Nov-24, Nov-27 and Dec-03) took less than 10 seconds to flash. Of course, rebooting took a few minutes as Android apparently recompiled all the existing apps, but nothing like 40 minutes.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Okay, thanks. I will give the free version a try first. I want the LED to come on while the phone is charging. Hopefully Lightflow (free or paid) does that.

Hi there. I hv been using the power light for battery led. Working all the time. Its german but just install from store and thats all.
4th December 2014, 01:49 AM |#10042  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by till22

I actually can't flash the ROM and I don't understand why. I checked the MD5, it's correct. I downloaded the one from 24 Nov. I did a wipe of dalvik cache, cache, system & data.

The progress bar in TWRP 2.8.1.0 does not advance at all, the terminal stays at "This may take some minutes..." for a few minutes and then I get this message:

"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Device or resource busy"

And it will just stay there. I'll be posting a screenshot when my N5 is restored in a minute. I'm coming from 4.4.4 Mahdi ROM, but had no issues flashing other 5.0 ROMs earlier.

Did you flash the Nov 22. The Nov 24 is an update
4th December 2014, 01:51 AM |#10043  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by till22

I actually can't flash the ROM and I don't understand why. I checked the MD5, it's correct. I downloaded the one from 24 Nov. I did a wipe of dalvik cache, cache, system & data.

The progress bar in TWRP 2.8.1.0 does not advance at all, the terminal stays at "This may take some minutes..." for a few minutes and then I get this message:

"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Device or resource busy"

And it will just stay there. I'll be posting a screenshot when my N5 is restored in a minute. I'm coming from 4.4.4 Mahdi ROM, but had no issues flashing other 5.0 ROMs earlier.

Unmount system in twrp.
4th December 2014, 01:53 AM |#10044  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
I have used flashify since it's inception and it has never failed me. NEVER. This could be am alternative to those having problems.
4th December 2014, 01:54 AM |#10045  
34°5'S, 58°5'W
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzallgood707

Did you flash the Nov 22. The Nov 24 is an update

It's 501 MB big, is it really not the full ROM? What if I unmount system like andresee says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresee

Unmount system in twrp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
4th December 2014, 01:55 AM |#10046  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well, I flashed the Nov 24 and got the same error as till22. So if i flash Nov 22, do i need to flash Nov 24 ?
4th December 2014, 02:00 AM |#10047  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 5,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus

Along time ago, so I don't remember how, I did install TWRP via fastboot. I installed the ROM yesterday by wiping via TWRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it were me, I would try to restore a back up first, if that works you can try to fix your twrp by reinstalling it with flashify or the twrp installer. If it doesn't work, then I would go the fastboot route and flash a new 2.8.1.0 recovery image and then restore a back up. Once your device is working again, it is time to start playing again....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th December 2014, 02:11 AM |#10048  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahim54

Hi there. I hv been using the power light for battery led. Working all the time. Its german but just install from store and thats all.

Thanks. Do you have the link to the app? I searched for "power light" but didn't find an exact match. Light Flow has the LED control for when the phone is charging, but the LED won't come on unless the screen is off. I want the LED on regardless of the screen status as long as the phone is charging. Does "power light" do that?
4th December 2014, 02:25 AM |#10049  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

If it were me, I would try to restore a back up first, if that works you can try to fix your twrp by reinstalling it with flashify or the twrp installer. If it doesn't work, then I would go the fastboot route and flash a new 2.8.1.0 recovery image and then restore a back up. Once your device is working again, it is time to start playing again....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Restore a back up as in reflashing? Sorry, newbie again.

4th December 2014, 02:27 AM |#10050  
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,746

Donate to Me
More
How this is possible? I have revoke the access of location to the gms but it still generate location wakelock... I have both location off and location is on, on battery save mode..

4th December 2014, 02:30 AM |#10051  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus

Restore a back up as in reflashing? Sorry, newbie again.

Do you have any twrp backups? If not i would wipe system/cache/dalvik and flash the full zip and then both updates. You might also want to fastboot or flashify twrp again just to make sure its working right.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp merged with stock, cataclysm, stable and fast, the best rom
Previous Thread Next Thread