Thread Closed Email Thread
14th December 2014, 06:28 AM |#11021  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauhauhau7

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10...ack-and-white/

It doesn't look like the screen is blinking at all.

-----
14th December 2014, 07:05 AM |#11022  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsight73

I noticed display time out will blink once before goes off.. Is it purposely on this rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've had this issue before
On this rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

Don't know if it's intentional but I've also reported this...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauhauhau7

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10...ack-and-white/

That is NOT what I've had happen and I believe the other users here to be reporting.

Currently on a clean wipe, install latest full build, boot, reboot, update to latest, reboot and restore data in nandroid I'm having really good battery life on stand by, using, and no issues with screen flash.

This is also the only time I haven't flashed a custom kernel too.

At I've had happen is the screen flash full brightness before going off. Either via auto time out or by pressing the power button.

So currently, No 3rd party ROM, no issues for me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th December 2014, 08:08 AM |#11023  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsight73

I noticed display time out will blink once before goes off.. Is it purposely on this rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just to chime in, I've had this issue and seen people on Reddit complain about it on both the L Preview and also the 5.0 final release, so it's definitely NOT a Cataclysm issue. 99.9% of all bugs in Cataclysm will be stock Android bugs anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skttrbrain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skttrbrain Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 08:32 AM |#11024  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDannemand

My wife had some issues with Trusted Places as well, where she had to unlock several times after coming home. But after a few reboots it seemed to sort itself out. You could go to Maps and make sure your Home address is resolved correctly. Just a thought.

I really don't like Trusted Locations as all: Of course I use it, because having to unlock manually is a pain. But it means my phone is automatically unlocked within 100 meters of my home. I went for a small walk, and it does indeed stay unlocked long after I left my home.

In KitKat I used the excellent No Lock Home Xposed module to automatically unlock when connected to my home WiFi or my car's Bluetooth. Specifying a Trusted WiFi Network is a far, FAR better, safer and more obvious solution in my opinion. Probably saves battery too compared to checking for location every time I pick up the phone.

I would say Trusted WiFi Network is definitely a feature I would love in Cat5 -- except it is so obvious I cannot believe Google isn't working on it already.

As I described a few posts back (here) there is a whole acre of real estate that can be reclaimed even without re-designing the full quick toggle layout.

I've set this with tasker. Works great! No Trusted WiFi needed 😉
14th December 2014, 08:40 AM |#11025  
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunkychills

Then I noticed smart radio is not working like when I was on stable 5th Dec release.. Anyone else having this problem?....

Normally when WiFi is on it will switch to 2g and when screen is off it switches to 2g.. But it does not do it anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidOnRoids

Smart radio is working fine on my end after dirty flash to 12/10 nightly.

Smart Radio working fine here for me as well on Dec5stable+Dec10nightly. My wife is still on Dec5stable and her Smart Radio is working fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daihard

That's no doubt a good design. OTOH, it would still max out at 14 toggles. With the AOKP-type customization, you can have up to 10 toggles where we can only have 5 (as one row can have up to 5 toggles). Each row would be shorter as well due to the smaller toggle icons, which means you can get away with a very small Quick Toggle area if you have, say, 10 or fewer toggles to show.

Yes, you're right: My suggestion will free up vertical space for another row of toggles, and accommodate up to 17 toggles without scrolling (including the fixed WiFi and BT toggles on top). But a more radical layout change would be needed for numbers beyond that, or if you want a smaller toggle area.

Personally I would be fine just with that extra vertical space and no re-design of the toggles themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworn3yes

I've set this with tasker. Works great! No Trusted WiFi needed ��

Yeah, I know. But I don't otherwise need Tasker (and never used it) so buying, learning and setting it up (which I understand is a serious commitment) would be overkill just for WiFi unlock, when Trusted Places is built-in.
14th December 2014, 11:26 AM |#11026  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can i update from Dec 3 Build to the last nightly? or do i need to flash the stable Dec 05 Version first?
14th December 2014, 11:39 AM |#11027  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganfas

Can i update from Dec 3 Build to the last nightly? or do i need to flash the stable Dec 05 Version first?

Stable 5 first
14th December 2014, 11:44 AM |#11028  
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, I've tried dozen of Lollipop ROMs by now except this one.
I loved Cataclysm on KK, and now when atl4ntis is back I wanna try this one.
But, I don't really have the time for flashing this week, so I'd like to ask you one thing,

why do you think I should flash Cataclysm?
14th December 2014, 11:48 AM |#11029  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 115

More
The best L rom in terms of features + performance. Try it out and see for urself

Sent from Nexus 5 running Cataclysm L
The Following User Says Thank You to jyuuken For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jyuuken Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 11:56 AM |#11030  
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihovil13

why do you think I should flash Cataclysm?

simple answer: Yes!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ben_pyett Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 11:57 AM |#11031  
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Haha lol, okay then, I'll go flash stable.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp merged with stock, cataclysm, stable and fast, the best rom
Previous Thread Next Thread