By atl4ntis, Senior Member on 8th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th February 2015, 02:04 PM |#15021  
Flag Al-√Āndalus
Thanks Meter: 8,532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2000hk

Can we turn off left/right lockscreen shortcuts? I'm using elemental x which allows me to swipe 2 sleep from lock screen, but it always triggers the shortcuts. As a temporary solution, I have it set to google now launcher instead of camera, but the bad thing is this will always take me to the homescreen instead of last app. Or is there an app that can do "nothing" out there?

i already proposed to implement the possibility to choose not only apps but shortcuts as well and @atl4ntis replied to look into it.
so if he would indeed open that possibility up for us, it will be easy to create a "display sleep" or "screen off" shortcut which then
can be used for both corners. i'm using this on another of the four LP roms i'm testing which have the feature. i'm with EX kernel gesture set to work from both sides.
The Following User Says Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magnamentis Ad-Free
11th February 2015, 02:39 PM |#15022  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by republicano

extract boot.img from the zip and then fastboot it or try flashify from the market
fastboot flash boot boot.img

------

Would it be a practical idea to have a setting to enable battery saver when idling or when display is off, mostly for app running in the background,

Thanks for the help !
11th February 2015, 02:40 PM |#15023  
Thanks Meter: 1,515

More
Quote:

Can we turn off left/right lockscreen shortcuts? I'm using elemental x which allows me to swipe 2 sleep from lock screen, but it always triggers the shortcuts. As a temporary solution, I have it set to google now launcher instead of camera, but the bad thing is this will always take me to the homescreen instead of last app. Or is there an app that can do "nothing" out there?

Here. It will flash "You broke me" if 0 = 1. Which means that it should do nothing.
PS: Made with Tasker.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Nothing.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.84 MB, 16 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arstoien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arstoien Ad-Free
11th February 2015, 03:40 PM |#15024  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien

Here. It will flash "You broke me" if 0 = 1. Which means that it should do nothing.
PS: Made with Tasker.

I'm having trouble parsing he package. Perhaps the file is corrupted?
11th February 2015, 03:58 PM |#15025  
Thanks Meter: 1,515

More
Quote:

I'm having trouble parsing he package. Perhaps the file is corrupted?

Yes, something must have gone wrong. Reuploaded it. If anything else, you can pm me, so we don't clog the thread any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arstoien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arstoien Ad-Free
11th February 2015, 04:45 PM |#15026  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I disabled camera permission via App Ops for Viber but camera launches from Viber when I tap on "take photo".
11th February 2015, 05:01 PM |#15027  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
I'm using a pretty old version right now (December 17, 2014 beta), and I want to flash the latest Feb 06 nightly without wiping. What would be the best course of action for that?

Maybe dirty flash the latest stable and then the nightly update?

Thanks
11th February 2015, 05:09 PM |#15028  
Thanks Meter: 1,772

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131

Tasker would be perfect for something like this. I use it for a variety of similar tasks. I have one that triggers various things when my phone connects/disconnects from my car's bluetooth. <snip>

Not to got OT extensively, but if you use Tasker to turn off BT when you disconnect from your car sound system, how do you get it to turn on again when your car turns on? The only way I found to turn off and on BT is when connecting to my home or other wifi (among other things but this works for my purposes). Disconnect and BT turns on and then it can connect to my car once again. /OT
11th February 2015, 05:53 PM |#15029  
Flag Padova
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

Not to got OT extensively, but if you use Tasker to turn off BT when you disconnect from your car sound system, how do you get it to turn on again when your car turns on? The only way I found to turn off and on BT is when connecting to my home or other wifi (among other things but this works for my purposes). Disconnect and BT turns on and then it can connect to my car once again. /OT

Maybe you need a nfc tag...
11th February 2015, 06:04 PM |#15030  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

Yeah that'd be a decent approach depending on various factors in your situation. I never turn off Bluetooth anymore since my G Watch is connected, so I don't use it quite the same. I could use disconnect from wifi if I was attempting what you are, but that wouldn't trigger until a few minutes after I pull off since my wifi reaches well to the edge of my apartment complex. Also, using home wifi disconnection as a trigger would work when you leave your home but not any other time you return to your car. A NFC tag to trigger it on would be another simple option. Or a combination of different variables to get a more responsive or holistic solution. It may take some creativity taking into consideration your desired behavior and specific situations through out your regular routine. Maybe even have it briefly toggle bt on once on charger to check for your car, then add a delayed auto shut off if your cars bt isn't detected. Could even add a conditional "if" to only run this check when away from home as indicated by a lack of connection to your wifi and or location. There's so many ways you can do things with Tasker that there's definitely no one right way. All the options can be overwhelming, but trial and error have worked best for me. I think it out, try my initial idea and then trials help me adjust as necessary. Also Google it; because there are many profiles that have already been created and can be downloaded or used as a template. Using Tasker can be very fun and rewarding IMHO. Hope this helps. Best of luck!... And sorry everyone else for my additional verbose OT post lol

Positive Vibrations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princem131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift princem131 Ad-Free
11th February 2015, 06:48 PM |#15031  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 411

More
@atl4ntis,

Sorry for posting here, but don't know if you still follow nexus 4 forum; Could you make a Quick Toggle for enabling/disabling the 'Hide number to unknown' option? Or even better, if you could implement custom quick toggles to make possible for users to choose the application to be in the quick toggle.

Thank you!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp merged with stock, cataclysm, stable and fast, the best rom
Previous Thread Next Thread