1,980 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,336

By atl4ntis, Senior Member on 8th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th November 2013, 10:37 AM |#501  
Flag Al-√Āndalus
Thanks Meter: 8,522

More
just give things time and try even more :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzz1369

I spent 4 hours trying different things yesterday. No go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRiderr

if we can get LED control into this ROM (something like CM) this ROM would be absolutely perfect. (oh and status bar brightness control )

hi,

i'm using light flow on all of my devices (sig) and for a long time now.

yes i second that there are/were some glitches with lightflow on the n5 due to changes in kitkat.

nevertheless i got things 95% working well, i.e. by activating lightflow in accessibilty again, albeit it's not recommended as they say.

further i got about 4 or 5 updates for the app in the last 3 days so the guy is working hard as usual to get it running by making
the necessary adaptions.

right now i have nothing left to complain, deactivated the accessibiltiy settings again and all works fine and i'm using
it for battery status tasks as well as email, sms, mms, silent mode etc. etc. and all works well right now.

i agree with the dev that it's better to use apps instead of implementing thing into the rom since this gives much more freedom to use
different roms on different devices without having to adapt to the different settings on each phone. i like the non-bloat attempt
and then do the rest with apps as much as possible, using the same apps with each rom and each phone which allows to
purchase the best price for perfomance devices as well as to use the best rom for a specific phone, be it lack of availability
of other roms or be it for hardware specifications.

generally saying: with a good launcher and the right apps you get most of the stuff you need identically working
cross-device and cross-roms, sometimes even cross-platform on my ipod touch.

this attempt could even make me consider to stay with this rom and let a few features go which pac-rom has.

there is just one thing which i really need there which is the hybrid stuff.

i need another resolution for my navigation app than for others and want a larger status bar so that i can read more of the stuff
without glasses and for this i need hybrid per app settings. for the rest i must say that this rom is the smoothes experience i have
ever had with a custom rom with all those goodies. considering the moment in N5/KK/4.4 history it's almost unbelievable, except
if we consider about what his attempt to build his rom is, i mean compared to others, then it makes totally sense

by the way pie as an app works better than pie control in pac-man.

the toggeling is much quicker and more reliable and yes it's true, therefore it does look not just that perfect, but not bad either.

enough for now before getting too much OT, this was about light control "in-rom" or "in-app".

this is my opinion and my individual experience with this device and in general.

regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magnamentis Ad-Free

11th November 2013, 10:37 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappoo

Thanks for the tip about lockscreen wallpaper!

What I meant by "soft" was that the VOLUME is still very low with faux.. I am hoping that someone comes up with a way of boosting volume..

Ah... that's what you mean. Yeah, faux sound is working great for volume boost.
BTW you can thank people by hitting the thanks button rather than to say it. Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhDae-su For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OhDae-su Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 11:21 AM |#503  
Flag Just there.
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNewms

You can do that manually on any ROM by editing the build.prop

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank's for reply but it's the global DPI not per app DPI.. Example change DPI for one app.
11th November 2013, 12:14 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Can anyone confirm that the ringtones and notifications are not linked despite what the Cataclysm misc setting for it is set to?

To test, just turn ringtone volume down to first or second notch, and play a ringtone and it's quiet, then play a notification and see if it's loud.
11th November 2013, 12:22 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is the yesterday update needed in order to install the today update?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
11th November 2013, 12:27 PM |#506  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 1,742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbac76

Is the yesterday update needed in order to install the today update?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

nope
The Following User Says Thank You to 75markus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 75markus Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 12:40 PM |#507  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Anybody has a scrolling with lag and/or screen touch issues?
11th November 2013, 01:05 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbmad

Anybody has a scrolling with lag and/or screen touch issues?

Try a custom kernel like franco or faux.
The Following User Says Thank You to i860 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift i860 Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 01:31 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 293

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetiroN

Great job on implementing so many features in such a short time span.
I'd just like to point out more that, although many people are less sensitive to it and might not notice, UI animations are quite a bit choppier than stock, which is especially noticeable when large areas are moved (from pulling the notification shade down to scrolling). It's like the animation is running at 30 FPS.
Scrolling articles sideways in InoReader is where I noticed the choppiness the most, if anyone less prone to the issue wants to try.

Thanks for your work, keep it up. I'd appreciate a Gapps-free release (merely for the reduced footprint, I'll leave licensing discussions to people with more time to waste).

Bump. I reverted to stock in the meanwhile, the difference is staggering to me.

P. S. Publishing sources is mandatory, just do it before causing issues with the mods.
11th November 2013, 01:45 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 1,047

Donate to Me
More
@atl4ntis

Hey I would like to have the link to the source code of your rom. It looks like something I would like to run on my phone (HTC One S C2). So if you would please give me the link and permission, I will try to compile the rom for my phone.

Regards
11th November 2013, 01:53 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29,336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetiroN

Bump. I reverted to stock in the meanwhile, the difference is staggering to me.

P. S. Publishing sources is mandatory, just do it before causing issues with the mods.

this is not a kernel under GPL, go troll somewhere else
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to atl4ntis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atl4ntis Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp merged with stock, cataclysm, stable and fast, the best rom
Previous Thread Next Thread