By atl4ntis, Senior Member on 8th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
3rd December 2014, 04:51 PM |#9921  
District 1
Thanks Meter: 1,968

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinde

Why do you need the icon when you have percentage? Looks just stupid.

Maybe for you.... And that doesn't mean it's stupid, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to rawdealer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rawdealer Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 04:55 PM |#9922  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinde

Why do you need the icon when you have percentage? Looks just stupid.

This is why there are different Options so you dont have to use it if you think it is "stupid"...i Would like to See an Option with percentage beside the icon and i think i am not alone... ;-P but Atlantis is the one who "knocks" (and decides)...
3rd December 2014, 04:58 PM |#9923  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
On the discussion of battery % id love to see the ring with % in middle return but im unsure if that can be done without gravitybox?
The Following User Says Thank You to Unicornzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unicornzz Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:00 PM |#9924  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicornzz

On the discussion of battery % id love to see the ring with % in middle return but im unsure if that can be done without gravitybox?

I'm looking for that also, many ROMs had it. It does not need gravity box

Sent from my Nexus 5
3rd December 2014, 05:05 PM |#9925  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Lets wait for a post from Atlantis what he thinks about it...maybe he like the one he implemented most and we discuss Here for nothing
3rd December 2014, 05:15 PM |#9926  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 964

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeike

Hey Atlantis, nice to See battery percentage is added why no dev adds percentage next to the icon like it was possible with gravitybox or like samsung does (only thing that looks good on touchwiz ). Is it because of Problem with space when you have center clock and many icons ? Or dont you like it? Just asking why noone adds it :P it is much better to read than inside the icon and looks better than Text only just my opinion, maybe you can tell me the reason if you like ?

With Lollipop, I don't think icons overlap from a center clock with a a lot of notifications. I'm using center clock and it's not overlapping for me, like it did in KitKat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Curiousn00b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Curiousn00b Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:24 PM |#9927  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29,336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey Atlantis, nice to See battery percentage is added why no dev adds percentage next to the icon like it was possible with gravitybox or like samsung does (only thing that looks good on touchwiz ). Is it because of Problem with space when you have center clock and many icons ? Or dont you like it? Just asking why noone adds it :P it is much better to read than inside the icon and looks better than Text only just my opinion, maybe you can tell me the reason if you like ?

No space, that's one of the worst scenarios:

For notification you can group with a more notification icon, but you can't just remove system icons tbh.

edit, @Curiousn00b notifications don't ovelap center clock cause i made it so they don't overlap not cause they don't in lollipop in general.

edit 2: circle battery won't ever happen on lollipop cataclysm, i know cyanogenmod can't copyright a circle and i could just implement it by myself but i just won't nor i'd grab their code.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to atl4ntis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atl4ntis Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:35 PM |#9928  
District 1
Thanks Meter: 1,968

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl4ntis

What about for us, who don't use center clock? More than enough space I like percentage with icon just like in lockscreen when phone is charging.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rawdealer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rawdealer Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:37 PM |#9929  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdealer

What about for us, who don't use center clock? More than enough space I like percentage with icon just like in lockscreen when phone is charging.

+1 for that
The Following User Says Thank You to jfim88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jfim88 Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:39 PM |#9930  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Quote:

Hey Atlantis, nice to See battery percentage is added why no dev adds percentage next to the icon like it was possible with gravitybox or like samsung does (only thing that looks good on touchwiz )

You've obviously never used AOKP. They have the option to display both the icon and the text, next to each other.

I personally don't need the icon if I have the text showing the percentage.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdealer

That looks redundant. Do you want your wristwatch to have both a digital display and hands?
3rd December 2014, 05:40 PM |#9931  
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 426

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl4ntis

For notification you can group with a more notification icon, but you can't just remove system icons tbh.

edit, @Curiousn00b notifications don't ovelap center clock cause i made it so they don't overlap not cause they don't in lollipop in general.

edit 2: circle battery won't ever happen on lollipop cataclysm, i know cyanogenmod can't copyright a circle and i could just implement it by myself but i just won't nor i'd grab their code.

You could replace the whole battery by putting it as the home button or giving us a battery bar, or wait, do as you want since its your rom I'll use it either way :3 I appreciate your good work sir and I'm pumped for the next release
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp merged with stock, cataclysm, stable and fast, the best rom
Previous Thread Next Thread