I'm building an extra lean LineageOS 14.1 ROM for hammerhead and hammerheadcaf with a few added features. A lot of packages have been stripped down, only the bare minimum is built to provide a fast and stable ROM. That gives you much more freedom as you can install exactly what you really want from the Playstore. You can install most of the missing packages manually, they are available in a flashable zip on the server (see second post).
My approach for DARK ROM 14.1 is slightly different than for DARK ROM 13, as I try to add as much Pixel features as possible while keeping a solid LineageOS base.
- Full OMS support (rootless)
- Signature spoofing support
- [CAF ONLY] TrueSight kernel v4.4 builtin (With a few of my own tweaks)
- [CAF ONLY] DT2W in kernel settings (Beware, it will cause a big battery drain)
- Pixel Launcher (with the provided GAPPS package)
- Pixel animated navbar (with on/off switch)
- Pixel sounds
- Pixel accent colors
- Pixel bootanimation with sound
- Rounded icons
- Google Assistant
- Night Light
- Choose between dialer and voice assistant in lockscreen
- Hide next alarm from expanded status bar and lockscreen
- Disable the boot animation sound
- Secure lockscreen (disables status bar pull down, quick settings tiles, power button and lockscreen shortcuts)
- Double tap the lock icon on the lockscreen to sleep
- Longpress power button while screen off to trigger flashlight
- Hide bluetooth icon when disconnected
- Volume steps
- Quick unlock pin/password
- Remove album art from lockscreen
- Date in status bar
- Smart pulldown
- Volume button controls media volume anywhere
- Change navbar height
- Screenshot tile
- Caffeine tile
- Sync tile
- Reboot/recovery tile
- Music tile
- USB Tethering tile
- Quick settings custom rows/columns
- Turn on/off mobile data with single click on collapsed quick settings
- Status bar ticker
- Separate ring and notification volume
- Specific color for 100% charged battery
- Prevent accidental wakeup
- Remove settings suggestions
The ROM is already designed to pass SafetyNet out of the box. No need to lock the bootloader (which I advise you to do ONLY on a pure factory image install) because the kernel has the patch for it. If you want root, you'll need to install Magisk, which comes pre-rooted. Then, enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager, hard reboot and you should be good to go. You'll get all you need to know on the Magisk thread.
You will need latest radio (184.108.40.206.30) and latest bootloader (HHZ20h)
Latest TWRP recovery for hammerhead or hammerheadcaf is highly recommended
If you want HDR to work, you will need to keep Google Camera 3.2.045 (all newer versions won't work)
If coming from any other ROM
- Backup first... always backup first
- Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
- Install DARK ROM
- Install provided GAPPS (mandatory, or use the No_Gapps package, see second post)
- Install root package of your choice (I recommend Magisk)
If coming from a previous build of mine
- Backup (you know it)
- Dirty flash DARK ROM
- Install root package of your choice
Enjoy! (if anything goes wrong, clean flash)
To download the whole ROM
Hammerhead (Don't forget to hit Download at the right of the filename)
Hammerheadcaf (Don't forget to hit Download at the right of the filename)
To download GAPPS and Extras
Extras (Don't forget to hit Download at the right of the filename)
To download delta updates
Go to Settings/About phone/System updates and use the OpenDelta app to automatically download delta updates.
Here are a few explanations on how to use delta updates. First, you will need to keep the first full build you downloaded on your sdcard (any full build that have NIGHTLY in the filename will do). I recommend that you keep it on the root of your sdcard until you flash a new build with the OpenDelta app. After that, the OpenDelta app will automatically place a new flashable zip inside the OpenDelta folder that will be used for the next delta updates. At that point you can delete the build on the root of your sdcard, but you will need to keep the (latest) file in the OpenDelta folder at all times to keep the delta updates working.
You will also notice a folder named FlashAfterUpdate in the OpenDelta folder. As its name suggests, any flashable zip files that you put in this folder will be flashed automatically after the update. I recommend that you put all your extra flashable zips there, cause if you use the app to auto-flash the latest build, it will reboot automatically after updating, which means you won't have the opportunity to manually flash other zips. If you want root to survive, you need to put your root package there.
Please consider a donation if you like my work ! I spend a lot of time and effort working on this, so if you can spare a few bucks, please buy me a beer (so I can relax when I'm stuck on a stubborn bug) or a coffee (so I can work on it later in the night). If you decide to do so, I'll gladly add you to the Donation Hall of Fame
Donation Hall of Fame
- @OldoTRONic X2 !!!
- @krombopulos X2 !!!
Many thanks to those generous donors !!! They make DARK ROM possible.
Thanks and credit
All the good devs who contributed to the features I added