This is an Android 7.1 custom rom for Nexus 5 that fully integrated Gapps. (Pixel Launcher, Google dialer, Contacts, Webview, backuptransport, etc.. )
- Almost same as Pure Nexus Stock image.
- Enabled SEAndroid, No Rooting feature provides for security reason.
- All build scripts are opened on github
- Mobile data is disabled as default for user that has cheap data plan. But you can enable on data setting menu.
- Stock rom users can use this rom without perform reset userdata partition. (In theoretically, it can be applied to other custom rom users, but not tested. )
- Nougat version is still unstable. Please use at your own risk.
Some apps can be crashed (ex: firefox, games using unity, etc...)
No more crash on debuggable build. But some credential apps might not work.
Recorded video can contains green flicking.
Video recording feature in Google camera is still unstable.
Footej camera is recommaned
- Google Play Movies cannot play movies because DRM issue.
- User switch feature is not working. It should be fix in next release.
1. power down
2. press power and volume down button, and your nexus 5 will go fastboot mode
3. connect usb cable with your PC
4. run fastboot for flashing
If you are using stock factory image or already use this rom.
$ fastboot update hammerhead-img-20160922.zip
$ fastboot -w update hammerhead-img-20160922.zip
Dec/06/2016: 20161206 (testing)
Nov/08/2016: 20161108 (deprecated)
Nov/03/2016: 20161103 (deprecated)
Nov/01/2016: 20161101 (deprecated)
- fix user switch feature
- remove old sounds data and add ringtone migration
- fix tethering feature
- fix dirtycow exploit
Oct/25/2016: 20161025 (deprecated)
- Integrate Wallpaper picker on Settings
- Integrate Google Backup & Sync on Settings
- Integrate Google Storage Manager
- Add Gesture menu on Settings
- Enable color temperature setting in developer options
- Use Ustwo wallpaper as default
- Stub apks can show round icons
- Google assistant is working, now.
Oct/21/2016: 20161021 (deprecated)
- Update to NDE63P(android-7.1.0_r4)
- apply pixel bootanimation, sounds, white navbar
- apply latest pixel launcher, wallpapers
- apply rounded icons for launcher
- Note: it is not capable to use google assistant. :P
Oct/11/2016: 20161011 (deprecated)
Oct/10/2016: 20161010 (deprecated)
- Add some wallpapers from pixel rom dump
- Reset permissions and run setup wizard when first boot with fake nexus rom
This change is only for new users. Users using previous version would not be affected.
Some people claim permission issues when moved from stock rom. So I added this workaround.
- remove recovery.img
It seems better because many users of Fake Nexus rom are using custom recovery.
Oct/05/2016: 20161005 (deprecated)
Oct/04/2016: 20161004 (deprecated)
Sep/30/2016: 20160930 (deprecated)
- Remove useless binaries and save space for system partition
- apply qualcomm specific build macros
and it would fix green line issue on camera. Reported by @NJ5499
- revert media_codec.xml to enable secure codec feature
Sep/28/2016: 20160928 (deprecated)
- tune codec configuration again
It should fix sound problems.
- switch to user build
But it is still debuggable build.
- add qualcomm TimeService
- tune codec configuration for legacy binaries
This will provide that remove green flickering on some camera apps (it is not working on google camera yet.)
Sep/26/2016: 20160926 (deprecated)
- switch to userdebug build
Almost issues related FC dialog will be resolved. But it might have security issue.
- sign with release-key (actually same key :P )
Sep/22/2016: 20160922 (deprecated)
- Initial release based on NRD90S (android-7.0.0_r4)
Before you ask something about this rom
- Please read this article at first..
If you cannot read English well, it's okay. There are many translations of this article.
This is a very famous article for beginners that want to solve their problems.
- Please DO NOT ASK via Private Message or Mail as described as upper article.
I cannot reply all messages and I may not understand all your problems.
If you post your question in this thread, any others can tell about your problems.
- If you want to report your issue with this rom specific, please share bugreport data.
You can gather bugreport data with following methods.
Turn on USB debug feature, connect with PC, and run this command
$ adb bugreport > bugreport.txt
Go to Developer options, select Take bug report. After several minutes, notification will be shown to share data.
Testing (Dec/06/2016): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224403837
fake_nexus, ROM for the Google Nexus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/ganadist/vendor_f...ree/nougat-dev
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP
Current Beta Version: 20161206
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-06
Last Updated 2016-12-06