Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] HellKat | Linaro 4.8.3 DIABLO Kernel [03-09-14]

1,018 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,839

Post Reply Email Thread
******I am proud to present******
Quote:

Quote:

Android 4.4+ KitKat ROM built from CyanogenMod v11.0 source with lots of custom additions

The credit for the idea behind this project goes to DerTeufel1980, with additions from ThdDude, ad Cl3kener compiled using the Linaro-4.8.2 Toolchain for a super optimized build. Lots of tweaks under the hood for snappy response, great battery life, and the ultimate in customability. Over the next few weeks the ROM will evolve to 4.4.1, and lots of additions will be made. I plan on updating and maintaining this project so expect good things, as the ones of you who know me, know I'm all about getting you what you want...I hope you will join me on this journey to hell....

Quote:

"

Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and tell jokes about how smart you are. Collectively, and at the same time while trying not to choke on my sarcasim."

Quote:

Features

CM-11.0 Base with Linaro Optimizations
Quick Settings Pull down, fully configurable
Lockscreen Widgets
5 Target Lockscreen Shortcuts
Transparent Notifications
HALO
Listview Animations
Screen Recorder
Trebuchet is BACKKKKK!
18 Init.d Scripts from Beanstalk
Expandable Desktop
Customizable Power Widget
LCD Density Changer
Build Prop Mods
Screen-On Notification Light
Tablet Mods/Dual Pan Preferences
Customizable Button Layout
NavBar Options
Customizable Battery Icon
Expandable Desktop
Tap & Pay
Much more to come!!!!

Quote:

Installation Instructions

1. Download ROM
2. Reboot into a 4.4 compatible recovery (TWRP2.6.3.2+)
3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
4. You need a full wipe.
5. Flash the ROM
6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
7. Reboot
8. Let it sit a while.
9. Reboot, setup and enjoy HellKat!

Quote:

DerTeufel1980<
thdDude,
CyanogenMod Team,
Team Chopsticks,
ParanoidAndroid,
Cl3Kener,
Google,
your mama,
XDA,
Myself,
everyone involved,
Anyone I forgot.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to soupysoup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soupysoup Ad-Free

6th December 2013, 03:56 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag norwich

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Maybe one more!!!
6th December 2013, 03:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
thank you

edit: if you dont mind is the kernel stock or does it have oc, uv capibilities...just wondering, and again thank you, loved this on my s2 and so glad you are here your builds are always solid and always smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to popeye331 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popeye331 Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 04:24 AM |#4  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quick question for soup..... is there a reason to build with Cm over aosp? I noticed similar customization on both types of roms but Cm base seems to be buggy. Specifically with playback... on my phone anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to clj575 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clj575 Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 04:29 AM |#5  
Flag Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 923

Donate to Me
More
Awesome Sauce! Thanks @soupysoup! Can't wait to try!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
6th December 2013, 04:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Is this the red themed version like the Hercules build @soupysoup?

The Following User Says Thank You to iburnhearts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iburnhearts Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 04:43 AM |#7  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 1,381

Donate to Me
More
Another ROM from Soupysoup. Thank you will try it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Datsun.510 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datsun.510 Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 04:51 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag norwich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye331

thank you

edit: if you dont mind is the kernel stock or does it have oc, uv capibilities...just wondering, and again thank you, loved this on my s2 and so glad you are here your builds are always solid and always smooth

As of right now it is a modifyed SlimKernel, with Stock setup, but future builds will be compled with either bricked or elementalX kernels for more customization until my kernel guy gets a good stable kernel together
Quote:
Originally Posted by clj575

Quick question for soup..... is there a reason to build with Cm over aosp? I noticed similar customization on both types of roms but Cm base seems to be buggy. Specifically with playback... on my phone anyway.

CM offers modifyed code, wich means i dont have to modify the code lol, really its just laziness but it makes my lif ALOT easier and allows me to get projects out alot sooner and faster, I go back and forth with CM and Slim as a base, and i can honestly say that I havent had a problem with my builds, normal cm DOES seem to be buggy at times, but i change so much,and use so much Linaro to do the compiling i think it helps iron out the build a little, but i could be abslutely wrong about this lol, try it out and let me know what u think...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starymari

Awesome Sauce! Thanks @soupysoup! Can't wait to try!

Thanks Mary! I hope u enjoy it... Upload is at 80% so very very soon...
The Following User Says Thank You to soupysoup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soupysoup Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 04:54 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag norwich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iburnhearts

Is this the red themed version like the Hercules build @soupysoup?

Sure is buddy...but i may change it, idk yet, this is just an ibitial release, i talked to thdDude and he told me to do what i wanted with it, so well see what the community wants and go from there, first up is HALO and Active display though lol
The Following User Says Thank You to soupysoup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soupysoup Ad-Free
tattooboy
6th December 2013, 05:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Soup should check out the Chaos kernel been running that on your Beanstalk build and I'm getting Amazing battery life with some crazy speed! Thanks man for the work!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 05:58 AM |#11  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 283

More
holy **** i can't wait to get in on this tomorrow.

n5 came on wednesday. cases (spigen slim armor, spigen ultra hybrid and acase supperleggera pro) and screen protectors (spigen glas.tr nano and triple pack of spigen ultra crystal) came today. got the day off tomorrow and i'm spending the vast majority of it getting that phone "up to snuff."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)