Search This thread

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
[ROM] | Unofficial HellKat-4.4.2 v010| SaberMod/Linaro | 2013.12.28 |

******I am proud to present******
images

images

Android 4.4+ KitKat ROM built from CyanogenMod v11.0 source with lots of custom additions​
The credit for the idea behind this project goes to DerTeufel1980, with additions from ThdDude, ad Cl3kener compiled using the Linaro-4.8.2 Toolchain for a super optimized build. Lots of tweaks under the hood for snappy response, great battery life, and the ultimate in customability. Over the next few weeks the ROM will evolve to 4.4.1, and lots of additions will be made. I plan on updating and maintaining this project so expect good things, as the ones of you who know me, know I'm all about getting you what you want...I hope you will join me on this journey to hell....​

"
Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and tell jokes about how smart you are. Collectively, and at the same time while trying not to choke on my sarcasim."​

Features​
CM-11.0 Base with Linaro Optimizations
Quick Settings Pull down, fully configurable
Lockscreen Widgets
5 Target Lockscreen Shortcuts
Transparent Notifications
HALO
Listview Animations
Screen Recorder
Trebuchet is BACKKKKK!
18 Init.d Scripts from Beanstalk
Expandable Desktop
Customizable Power Widget
LCD Density Changer
Build Prop Mods
Screen-On Notification Light
Tablet Mods/Dual Pan Preferences
Customizable Button Layout
NavBar Options
Customizable Battery Icon
Expandable Desktop
Tap & Pay
Much more to come!!!!​

Installation Instructions​
1. Download ROM
2. Reboot into a 4.4 compatible recovery (TWRP2.6.3.2+)
3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
4. You need a full wipe.
5. Flash the ROM
6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
7. Reboot
8. Let it sit a while.
9. Reboot, setup and enjoy HellKat!

images

DerTeufel1980<
thdDude,
CyanogenMod Team,
Team Chopsticks,
ParanoidAndroid,
Cl3Kener,
Google,
your mama,
XDA,
Myself,
everyone involved,
Anyone I forgot.​

Last edited:

popeye331

Sep 3, 2011
thank you

edit: if you dont mind is the kernel stock or does it have oc, uv capibilities...just wondering, and again thank you, loved this on my s2 and so glad you are here your builds are always solid and always smooth

Last edited:
Reactions: soupysoup

clj575

Dec 11, 2010
Phoenix
Quick question for soup..... is there a reason to build with Cm over aosp? I noticed similar customization on both types of roms but Cm base seems to be buggy. Specifically with playback... on my phone anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dr_rick13

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
thank you

edit: if you dont mind is the kernel stock or does it have oc, uv capibilities...just wondering, and again thank you, loved this on my s2 and so glad you are here your builds are always solid and always smooth
As of right now it is a modifyed SlimKernel, with Stock setup, but future builds will be compled with either bricked or elementalX kernels for more customization until my kernel guy gets a good stable kernel together
Quick question for soup..... is there a reason to build with Cm over aosp? I noticed similar customization on both types of roms but Cm base seems to be buggy. Specifically with playback... on my phone anyway.

CM offers modifyed code, wich means i dont have to modify the code lol, really its just laziness but it makes my lif ALOT easier and allows me to get projects out alot sooner and faster, I go back and forth with CM and Slim as a base, and i can honestly say that I havent had a problem with my builds, normal cm DOES seem to be buggy at times, but i change so much,and use so much Linaro to do the compiling i think it helps iron out the build a little, but i could be abslutely wrong about this lol, try it out and let me know what u think...
Awesome Sauce! Thanks @soupysoup! Can't wait to try!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mary! I hope u enjoy it... Upload is at 80% so very very soon...

Reactions: popeye331

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Is this the red themed version like the Hercules build @soupysoup?

Sure is buddy...but i may change it, idk yet, this is just an ibitial release, i talked to thdDude and he told me to do what i wanted with it, so well see what the community wants and go from there, first up is HALO and Active display though lol

Reactions: iburnhearts
T

tattooboy

Soup should check out the Chaos kernel been running that on your Beanstalk build and I'm getting Amazing battery life with some crazy speed! Thanks man for the work!

namurt

Jun 1, 2011
Philadelphia
holy **** i can't wait to get in on this tomorrow.

n5 came on wednesday. cases (spigen slim armor, spigen ultra hybrid and acase supperleggera pro) and screen protectors (spigen glas.tr nano and triple pack of spigen ultra crystal) came today. got the day off tomorrow and i'm spending the vast majority of it getting that phone "up to snuff."

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Soup should check out the Chaos kernel been running that on your Beanstalk build and I'm getting Amazing battery life with some crazy speed! Thanks man for the work!

Thats not a bad idea, actually, EVERYONE... what kernel would u like to see run with this? remember its CM based so faux and those arent going to be compatible just yet, but theres a lot of great kernel out there, and i nee something besides stock cm, or the slightly better stock slim kernel, so if anyone has any input on kernels they wanna see im willing to try a few out...
holy **** i can't wait to get in on this tomorrow.

n5 came on wednesday. cases (spigen slim armor, spigen ultra hybrid and acase supperleggera pro) and screen protectors (spigen glas.tr nano and triple pack of spigen ultra crystal) came today. got the day off tomorrow and i'm spending the vast majority of it getting that phone "up to snuff."
Thats whats up man, know ur loving the device, I hated nexus' for a long time because of the no removable battery or storage, but i gotta say, at the price i couldnt pas it up, and whe i got it, wwow, changed my mind man, and with this thing...micrsdi couldnt be happier, now im just witing on my case to come and ill be golden...
Soup ....what the hell is this. All. Oh man. Sweet

this is... well.... ahhhh u know lol....

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Thread is going to be moved

Well apparently my ROM isnt "Original development" worthy, so look for it in the Android Development thread, it will be updated and i have some good stuff coming this way, looking forward to getting my site up and running so ill have somewhere for u guys to se all the work without all the "rules", as always guys its all about u, so i will continue to give u the upmost of my talents in order to bring u quality work...

Edit: ROM is posted and ready to download...

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
VtpdfuPUv2oK5PfhQe8Ljr4dDhh8gkmwheMhydBNSCg=w186-h311-p-no
Jre9ErbrjFLAWzlOx5SjCZ271ZryLWmDo2NcTYJLJ5E=w186-h311-p-no

3RDIomfV9wIpFBfXR6WLjIErQGnspR-A9anCyXeVtM0=w186-h311-p-no
BoJqm9ENwLn5WZeUjIY6CEb2gGWnhmDQ87Ymp_6vrAA=w186-h311-p-no

images

Team HellKat Proudly Presents

HELLKAT for the HammerHead!!!!

HellKat is CM11 based with a completely redone beautiful Holo Red theme. You'll probably notice a difference between HellKat and CM nightlies (or the virgin AOSP builds) due to the LINARO 4.8 toolchain we use to compile the ROMs. HellKat was first created by DerTeufel during Jellybean and was called Hellybean. We now support several devices and with a new build server we will be able to bring this beautiful ROM to even more devices. If you have another device supported by CM you more than likely can build HellKat for your other device. We have a nice build script so that the hardest part of building HellKat is setting up Ubuntu and an Android developing environement. Checkout our sources at https://github.com/Hellybean/android

Here is a quick list of our differences from CM:
- RED THEMED!!!
- AWESOME RED DEVIL DROID WALLPAPER!!!
- Init.d Tweaker built into the settings menu
- LCD Density Changer built into settings
- Option to add date to status bar (Thanks Slim)
- Transparency options for notification drawer
- Transparency option for Lockscreen
- DARK System UI (Thanks Slim)
- Build.prop injector
- Force High End Gfx (Thanks SGT7)
- Transparency option for Lockscreen (Thanks PA)
- List View Animations
- Large recents, recents color, dual pane prefs options (Thanks SGT7)
- Options to disable bootanimation and wallpaper
- Lockscreen ring battery
- Dual Panel settings
- CM Screen Security settings
- Ability to change tile colors and transparency
- HALO)))
- More to come!!!

Things to expect in the future (because we had them in Hellybean)

- PIE (Color option included)
- Active Display
- and we'll probably grab more things as we go! :D

Please keep this thread on topic, and treat each other with respect.

Just like the CM team.
"Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Collectively, and at the same time."

1. Download ROM
4. You need a full wipe.
5. Flash the ROM
6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
7. Reboot
8. Let it sit a while.

images

ROM Downloads
All found on goo.im here: http://goo.im/devs/helldevs/hammerhead/hellkat

GAPPS
Banks=http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=9199
P.A.Gapps=http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gxxxpkbcke4yi/PA_GApps_-_Official_Releases

images

DerTeufel1980
CyanogenMod Team,
Team Chopsticks,
ParanoidAndroid,
Cl3Kener,
Google,
your mama,
XDA,
Myself,
everyone involved,
Anyone I forgot.​

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] Official | 4.4.2 | HellKat, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Moscow Desire, ThdDude, Cl3Kener
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: KRT16S

Version Information

Created 2013-12-06
Last Updated 2014-03-09

Reactions: CRIME INC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] | Unofficial HellKat-4.4.2 v010| SaberMod/Linaro | 2013.12.28 |

******I am proud to present******

images

Android 4.4+ KitKat ROM built from CyanogenMod v11.0 source with lots of custom additions​
    The credit for the idea behind this project goes to DerTeufel1980, with additions from ThdDude, ad Cl3kener compiled using the Linaro-4.8.2 Toolchain for a super optimized build. Lots of tweaks under the hood for snappy response, great battery life, and the ultimate in customability. Over the next few weeks the ROM will evolve to 4.4.1, and lots of additions will be made. I plan on updating and maintaining this project so expect good things, as the ones of you who know me, know I'm all about getting you what you want...I hope you will join me on this journey to hell....​

"
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and tell jokes about how smart you are. Collectively, and at the same time while trying not to choke on my sarcasim."​

Features​
    CM-11.0 Base with Linaro Optimizations
    Quick Settings Pull down, fully configurable
    Lockscreen Widgets
    5 Target Lockscreen Shortcuts
    Transparent Notifications
    HALO
    Listview Animations
    Screen Recorder
    Trebuchet is BACKKKKK!
    18 Init.d Scripts from Beanstalk
    Expandable Desktop
    Customizable Power Widget
    LCD Density Changer
    Build Prop Mods
    Screen-On Notification Light
    Tablet Mods/Dual Pan Preferences
    Customizable Button Layout
    NavBar Options
    Customizable Battery Icon
    Expandable Desktop
    Tap & Pay
    Much more to come!!!!​

1. Download ROM
    4. You need a full wipe.
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.

images

DerTeufel1980<
    thdDude,
    CyanogenMod Team,
    Team Chopsticks,
    ParanoidAndroid,
    Cl3Kener,
    Google,
    your mama,
    XDA,
    Myself,
    everyone involved,
    Anyone I forgot.​
    Hey Everyone!

So we've moved our files into a joint goo.im account. You can now find HellKat builds in http://goo.im/devs/helldevs/hammerhead so make sure to keep that listed. We plan on also providing my modded version of CyanogenMod so if you don't like RED but you like the speed and feel of this ROM you can now have a BLUE option that has HALO and some of our other tweaks. This will be called BlueLightning and links will start appearing there in the next day or two.

There have been lots of changes since my last post. Screenrecoder is now working flawlessly, I added lockscreen blur and CM added lots of other great features.

Let me know if you notice any bugs.

I also took the time to package a flashable Diablo-1.2 Kernel for you so that you can use this kernel with your other ROMs. Here is the link for that http://d-h.st/BB2

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

PS I still don't have the ability to modify the OP @soupysoup just the title of the thread for some reason. If you want to change your OP ROM link to point to the new helldevs account on goo.im that would be great!
    Please forgive my bad memory, but does this ROM have Lockscreen Notifications?

No not yet but there is an App for that :good:

Here is a quick list of our differences from CM: Somewhat current. I wish I could edit the OP....:confused:
    - RED THEMED!!!
    - AWESOME RED DEVIL DROID WALLPAPER!!!
    - Init.d Tweaker built into the settings menu
    - LCD Density Changer built into settings
    - Option to add date to status bar (Thanks Slim)
    - DARK System UI (Thanks Slim)
    - Build.prop injector
    - Force High End Gfx (Thanks SGT7)
    - Transparency option and Blur for Lockscreen (Thanks PA)
    - List View Animations
    - Large recents, recents color, dual pane prefs options (Thanks SGT7)
    - Options to disable bootanimation and wallpaper
    - Lockscreen ring battery
    - Dual Panel settings
    - CM Screen Security settings
    - Ability to change tile colors and transparency
    - NavBar Dimensions
    - Movable Sizable Halo windows
    - swipe anywhere on notification panel to switch views
    - BatteryBar
    - Quick Tiles Flip animation
    - Quick Tiles allow 3,4,5 tiles in pulldown
    - Ability to change notification drawer background
    - notification transparency
    - Launch floating notifications from notification panel (long click)
    - Ram Bar in Recents
    - App Side Bar Chamelion OS
    - App Side Bar Floating Window
    - Recent Apps Floating Window
    - TeloRadio from telo46
    - Flip to Mute/Reject Call
    - Open source google dialer
    - Movable Clear All Button in Recents
    - ScreenRecorder
    - HALO))) with Color Options (Vanir-AOSP)
    - Diablo Kernel
    - More to come!!!
    You cant just steal the hell name from DerTeufel and just put his name in credits... Do you even have his permission to use his own rom releasing name??
    If you didn't, he can easily report you to xda (as he is a known developer) and they will close your thread and even ban you from the forum.

Did you read anything about soup before accusing him of stealing? Maybe how he releases updates regularly? Or how he responds quickly and kindly to questions in his threads? Maybe how people love his positive attitude and enthusiasm. Or wait.. How about how he refuses donations in his beanstalk build and asked people to donate to Scott.
    Yeah.. Soup is is a real bad guy. < that was sarcasm btw.
    Thanks for making him feel like crap and consider leaving Xda!