FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) with Lineage Recovery

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

Post Reply Email Thread

First, let's get the disclaimer out of the way.
Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is LineageOS 15.1 built from the official sources with no modification on my part. @Krizthian has done this, but it hasn't been updated since September 2018, plus my build here has the Lineage Recovery.

What works:
Almost everything
Lineage Recovery

What doesn't:
Bluetooth audio on calls

How to install:
1. Install Lineage Recovery (optional, you can use whatever)
2. Get the ROM and GApps and copy the files to a convenient location on your phone.
3. Boot to recovery mode.
4. Do a factory reset. If you are coming from some previous version of LineageOS then this step is optional.
5. Flash the ROM and GApps.
6. Reboot. The first boot will take time for optimization.

Downloads:
Android File Host
Lineage Recovery (Drive)
LineageOS (Drive)
Open GApps
Lineage extras
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to yagyaxt1068 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yagyaxt1068 Ad-Free

22nd April 2019, 03:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
how about battery life ?
9th September 2019, 05:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
For what it's worth, I've added hammerhead to my build roster. Weekly hammerhead builds for 15.1, using a pristine LineageOS source tree (no modifications whatsoever), are at https://lineageos.disavowed.jp/hammerhead/.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wileyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wileyc Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 10:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyc

For what it's worth, I've added hammerhead to my build roster. Weekly hammerhead builds for 15.1, using a pristine LineageOS source tree (no modifications whatsoever), are at https://lineageos.disavowed.jp/hammerhead/.

Thanks very much. Just updated my hammerhead 15.1 with a dirty flash of your 0909 build and my flo 14.1 with a dirty flash of your 0907 build. Everything went smoothly, both running fine. There have been no other updates to these roms since May so you've kept both my daily drivers going. Thanks again for the good work.
14th September 2019, 12:32 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anivegmin

Thanks very much. Just updated my hammerhead 15.1 with a dirty flash of your 0909 build and my flo 14.1 with a dirty flash of your 0907 build. Everything went smoothly, both running fine. There have been no other updates to these roms since May so you've kept both my daily drivers going. Thanks again for the good work.

No worries, glad I could help. New builds will appear weekly, early Sunday morning Tokyo time. If there are other legacy/sustaining platforms you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll add them to the build roster.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wileyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wileyc Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 01:30 PM |#6  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

What about 16? Can you add it too?
14th September 2019, 02:35 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaless

What about 16? Can you add it too?

Sure. I just verified that the 16 branch successfully builds; I've added to the weekly build roster and copied my test build to the server.

Please understand that I have not tested 16 on hammerhead at all, and probably won't for the time being. I added it to the roster because I have the storage space and spare compute cycles; if it doesn't work, please ask the folks with commit access to the LineageOS source tree to pull in the appropriate fixes and my build infra will automatically pull it in the next cycle.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to wileyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wileyc Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 05:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

For what it's worth, I've added hammerhead to my build roster. Weekly hammerhead builds for 15.1, using a pristine LineageOS source tree (no modifications whatsoever), are at (omitted).

Great work! I'm now running your 15.1 image and works almost perfectly (bluetooth audio calls not working).

Would be great if there was someone brave enough to test the 16 image
14th September 2019, 05:39 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by __iro__

Great work! I'm now running your 15.1 image and works fine! (Bluetooth calls not yet tested though)

Would be great if there was someone brave enough to test the 16 image

I've been testing this LOS 16 on a second Nexus 5 that I have.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...xus-5-t3921162
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nex...les/LineageOS/

Everything seems to work, I'm just getting a general lag (especially with google apps) as compared to 14.1 and 15.1. I'll keep testing and if latency/lag improves I'll definitely be replacing 15.1 as my daily driver.

I'm assuming the LOS 16 in wileyc's repository is the same build? Maybe not, I'm not sure how these things work.
14th September 2019, 06:16 PM |#10  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

Sure. I just verified that the 16 branch successfully builds; I've added to the weekly build roster and copied my test build to the server.

Please understand that I have not tested 16 on hammerhead at all, and probably won't for the time being. I added it to the roster because I have the storage space and spare compute cycles; if it doesn't work, please ask the folks with commit access to the LineageOS source tree to pull in the appropriate fixes and my build infra will automatically pull it in the next cycle.

Cheers

I dirty flashed it over EnesSastim's LOS 16 but sadly it doesn't boot. Thanks anyway.
15th September 2019, 03:23 AM |#11  

More
Dirty flashed wileyc's flo 0914 build onto my Nexus 7. Everything running fine with September security patch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lineageos, nexus 5, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)