MultiROM ≥v28 ability is now in the image (starting alpha2). New to MultiROM? Read here.
This is a community port of Jolla's Sailfish OS for the Nexus 5.
It features a gesture-based user interface with a unique design and ease-of-use in mind.
For more information about Sailfish OS please head over to sailfishos.org.
This is not an Android ROM, this is a different base of an operating system called Linux, running glibc library.
It only uses parts of Android for hardware enabling (drivers).
Special Thanks to the Nexus 5 porters situ & vgrade, and their helpers: alin, dmt, tbr, iKozzz, MultiROM author Tassadar, Jolla sailors especially jusa, spiiroin, phdeswer, Hannu Mallat, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters
This release is based on Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206
The Nexus 5 port is considered to be of beta quality.
Though depending on your usage it might be stable enough for daily use.
Download & installation instructions:
HW Support status:
(Look for Nexus 5 row): https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
Bug reports, if internet search refuses to help:
- First search XDA for keywords. Things like libsailfishapp have already been worked out by this amazing community
- Software-related bugs (Sailfish OS): first search http://together.jolla.com . Tag your questions with "community-build"
- Hardware-related problems: at the Nemo Project Bugzilla under Hybris-ing component
- Please do not contact Jolla Care or Jolla Developer Care, as this is not the Jolla phone
- Android app support is not available (unlike in Jolla phone), but you can already play classic Android games like this. On app side there has been some awesome progress on #sailfishos-porters on irc.freenode.net, status reports being on this XDA Thread
- All remaining: In Bugzilla
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0
MultiROM users: if your primary ROM is Lollipop based, just install any Sailfish OS version accompanied with CM11 .zip, and you'll have best of both worlds working! Thanks to @julle131 for finding this!
Moved to Mer Wiki: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_hammerhead#Changelog.
Last Updated 2015-10-03