FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [3Oct] [GNU/Linux] (beta) Sailfish OS User Experience v2.0, broken video record

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 403

By sledges, Senior Member on 7th August 2014, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sailfish OS for Nexus 5

MultiROM ≥v28 ability is now in the image (starting alpha2). New to MultiROM? Read here.

This is a community port of Jolla's Sailfish OS for the Nexus 5.
It features a gesture-based user interface with a unique design and ease-of-use in mind.
For more information about Sailfish OS please head over to sailfishos.org.

This is not an Android ROM, this is a different base of an operating system called Linux, running glibc library.
It only uses parts of Android for hardware enabling (drivers).

Special Thanks to the Nexus 5 porters situ & vgrade, and their helpers: alin, dmt, tbr, iKozzz, MultiROM author Tassadar, Jolla sailors especially jusa, spiiroin, phdeswer, Hannu Mallat, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters

Release Notes:
This release is based on Sailfish OS 1.1.9.28
The Nexus 5 port is considered to be of beta quality.
Though depending on your usage it might be stable enough for daily use.

Download & installation instructions:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...for_hammerhead

HW Support status:
(Look for Nexus 5 row): https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Bug reports, if internet search refuses to help:
  • First search XDA for keywords. Things like libsailfishapp have already been worked out by this amazing community
  • Software-related bugs (Sailfish OS): first search http://together.jolla.com . Tag your questions with "community-build"
  • Hardware-related problems: at the Nemo Project Bugzilla under Hybris-ing component
  • Please do not contact Jolla Care or Jolla Developer Care, as this is not the Jolla phone

Known issues:
  • Android app support is not available (unlike in Jolla phone), but you can already play classic Android games like this. On app side there has been some awesome progress on #sailfishos-porters on irc.freenode.net, status reports being on this XDA Thread
  • All remaining: In Bugzilla

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0

Tips:

MultiROM users: if your primary ROM is Lollipop based, just install any Sailfish OS version accompanied with CM11 .zip, and you'll have best of both worlds working! Thanks to @julle131 for finding this!

Changelog:
Moved to Mer Wiki: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_hammerhead#Changelog.

Created 2014-08-07
Last Updated 2015-10-03
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to sledges For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sledges Ad-Free

7th August 2014, 11:02 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,401

Donate to Me
More
This is really nice, thank you. I do have one question however, since the base is CM 11 M9, would this be compatible with MultiROM?

Edit : Nevermind, downloaded the image and extracted it, it comes with it's own boot image thus answering my question that it does not. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLastSidekick Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 11:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 403

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

This is really nice, thank you. I do have one question however, since the base is CM 11 M9, would this be compatible with MultiROM?

You're very welcome, our team is non-the-less excited

Considering your question: Please volunteer to make this work under MultiRom et al. However for now you can always boot to underlying CM by doing "fastboot boot boot.img" or permanently flash it to recovery
7th August 2014, 11:51 PM |#4  
Flag Tempe, Az
Thanks Meter: 97

More
very excited to see this coming around the corner!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to voredroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift voredroid Ad-Free
8th August 2014, 02:54 AM |#5  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 838

More
Sweet. Another new treasure.

Nice job ~
8th August 2014, 03:01 AM |#6  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Always, feels good to try something new...
The Following User Says Thank You to umair928 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift umair928 Ad-Free
8th August 2014, 04:21 AM |#7  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Cool
This is another OS like Firefox OS .
8th August 2014, 04:34 AM |#8  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 94

More
O.o my phone and my printer can run firmware by same group. Fantastic, d/l now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th August 2014, 04:44 AM |#9  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 151

More
not working for me, am I doing something wrong?
what I did:

1. flashed CM11 M9 then Jolla Image(not working stays on Google Logo, almost waited for 10 min and so then I rebooted phone by pressing power button, still dont work)

then i tried this:

extracted boot.img from cm11 m9 and flashed it via fastboot then flashed flashed jolla image from recovery, still no luck for me...

Any Help would be appreciated...

EDIT: never mind fixed the issue by flashing via twrp seems like phiz touch was having some issue...
8th August 2014, 04:55 AM |#10  
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,231

More
So finally a thread was made in Development.

Here's some more images: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=78

I do hope the thread doesn't get spammed with useless non-contributive posts like "how to flash this", "x doesn't work" or "my phone is brick" like the Sense 6 port.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elluel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elluel Ad-Free
8th August 2014, 08:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

So finally a thread was made in Development.

Here's some more images: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=78

I do hope the thread doesn't get spammed with useless non-contributive posts like "how to flash this", "x doesn't work" or "my phone is brick" like the Sense 6 port.

Hi , those images were from an old build, could someone post some images from the alpha1 release yesterday.

vgrade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vgrade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgrade Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)