This ROM was started months ago as i did not found the ROM i liked for my Nexus 5.
Nightlies were pretty much stock and all the kangs were too bloated with tons of untested features.
So i started to create this ROM as a combination of nice CM11 and an already almost perfect kernel(bricked from showp).
Just some nice cherry-picks here and there and small optimizations that are well tested.
I chose this name as there are no fancy or unstable features integrated and no insane build flag ricing is done.
This rom is optimized for: usability, battery, stability and speed where it does not hurt the other targets.
Just the perfect daily-driver for me.
Now i want to share the result with you and hope that you like it as well.
- Screens -
- Changelog -
See: CM-11 HH Changelog [21/04/14] * synced kernel with upstream and ROM with cm11 sources [13/04/14] * applied some patches to the kernel (audio Tweaks, Gamma tuneable, ...) * synced kernel with upstream and ROM with cm11 sources [23/01/14] * synced kernel with upstream and ROM with cm11 sources [12/01/14] * synced with bricked and cm11 * added always on RGB * added charging LED * additional kernel optimizations [06/01/14] * synced with bricked and cm11 * Merged Linux Kernel patches up to 3.4.75 [21/12/13] * synced with bricked and cm11 * removed cm updater [15/12/13] * synced with bricked and cm11 [11/12/13] * Merged Android 4.4.2 * Merged Linux Kernel patches up to 3.4.72 * Further optimized kernel build-parameters * Whisper Push integrated (encrypted communication) [07/12/13] * Merged Android 4.4.1 [04/12/13] * Fixed CM11 Youtube bug with AOSP Audio Sources * Brought back IPv6 * Patched/Configured IPv6 for power saving * Circle Battery now available * Remove all recent apps possible [30/11/13] * Resynced * Fixed log getting spammed with touch-boost * Voice+ integrated * Immersive Mode added * Made Memcpy faster * Fixed doubled send SMS from V+ [26/11/13] * initial realease of Sanity
- Special Features -
* CM11 features as of 13.04.14
* Bricked Kernel features as of 13.04.14
* No more log entries from E/PowerHAL( 511): touch_boost: failed to send: No such file or directory (mpdecision)
* Linaro tollchain used for build
* Krait-CPU optimized Compiler Flags
* NavBar Customization
* Art fix to run almost every app (e.g. Whatsapp)
* Dimmer Backlight possible
* Auto brightness customizable
* Complete BusyBox(Desktop like) support which is needed for KControl
* No mpdecision and thermal-engine-hh
* Completely Odexed
* CM Voice Plus
* Expanded Desktop
* Encrypted SMS
* charging LED
- Kernel Changes -
* earlier default thermal throttling for better battery and cpu live
* always on LED support
* IPv6 optimized (no router announcements while phone sleeps, etc..)
* dimming screen to 1 instead of 5 enabled
* disabled loadable module support
* -O2 instead of -O3 for much smaller kernel size
* Kernel patched to linux upstream
- Known Issues -
* Video streaming might freeze (known problem in all CM11 based ROMs)
* OpenVPN w/o root does not connect (IPv6, will be fixed next release)
Please tell me if you find something
- Donations -
I am not asking for donations to me. I do this only for fun.
But yesterday a good friend of mine asked me to donate some money to weitblick e.V. which is a german charity organisation.
In three month he goes to Kenya with them and helps buildings class rooms for children.
The money will only be taken for building material and not for his journey.
We would be very thankful for every penny you give.
The easiest way is to send me the money and i will forward everything to them.
If you want to donate directly, feel free to ask me for their bank account.
- Credits -
* The whole Cyanogenmod-Team
* @show-p1984 (not only for the kernel itself, but for all his great help)
* everybody that develops (open-sourced) for android
- Disclaimer -
This ROM comes without any warranty.
Despite the ART fixes i still do not recommend it for everyday use.
It really has no great effect on performance and has risks of breaking things.
- Dev Infos -
Bricked-Sanity Kernel: Source: bricked-sanity-hammerhead Compiler: Linaro 2013.11 ToolChain Branch: master Sanity-ROM: CM11-Source: cyanogenmod If you want the source for any changes i made to cm, feel free to ask. I just do not have the time to maintain all the repos on github. Cherry-Picks: CyanogenMod/android_build Do multi-threaded kernel build I3b73875bb68d6642141481e6805a39e57862527d