FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] VanillaAOSP [Android 5.1.1_r13 LVY48E][Aug 17, 2015]

4,721 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,648

By Chochiwpg, Senior Member on 21st November 2014, 12:11 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
VanillaAOSP

This ROM is built straight from Google sources without any changes/modifications.

Please feel free to flash it on your device or use it as a base for your own custom ROM if need be.

I don't plan on making any changes to the ROM or adding any features etc. I usually run the factory image on my device unrooted a lot of the time. I just love the vanilla android simplicity and ease of use. I also really enjoy AOSP as well, so vanilla AOSP works for me. Enjoy.

Instructions

1. Have the latest TWRP installed on your device
2. Full wipe if coming from another ROM (make sure not to wipe internal storage)
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps
5. Flash SuperSU
6. Enjoy

ROM Download

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347796256
md5 39797593ab52fe4a9656274c145bda90

Special Thanks

Google (For the Android source code)
@Dees_Troy (For TWRP Recovery)
@Chainfire (For SuperSU)
@BaNkS @snak3ater @Gnome @CallMeAldy (And the entire SimpleAOSP team for helping me setup my build environment, helping me sync sources, build, use git and just in general helping me get started building from source)
@kidkoala_uk For helping me out with git and adding commits to my build and always willing to lend a helping hand.
@italia0101 (For encouraging me to get involved with building, always willing to test and for being an all around mate/supporter. Don't forget to check out his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/oode
@BreckZeBoulay For sharing/uploading his builds when I don't have time to build on my own. The help is much appreciated.
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to Chochiwpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chochiwpg Ad-Free

21st November 2014, 12:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Nice
21st November 2014, 12:18 AM |#3  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 586

More
Awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st November 2014, 12:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks for sharing!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to infiltrata For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift infiltrata Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 12:24 AM |#5  
Flag Landskrona
Thanks Meter: 507

More
What is the difference from stock lollipop Nexus 5 factory image?
21st November 2014, 12:41 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datagubben

What is the difference from stock lollipop Nexus 5 factory image?

The factory image from Google comes with all Google proprietary apps and services pre installed.

ROMs built from AOSP source don't have any Google apps installed at all. All the apps are open source. So there is AOSP calendar, AOSP Dialer, AOSP Gallery, AOSP Camera, Keyboard etc etc.

If you want Google apps you can flash separately in a custom recovery.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chochiwpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chochiwpg Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 12:52 AM |#7  
Flag Where The Sun Shines 95% of The Time
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chochiwpg

The factory image from Google comes with all Google proprietary apps and services pre installed.

ROMs built from AOSP source don't have any Google apps installed at all. All the apps are open source. So there is AOSP calendar, AOSP Dialer, AOSP Gallery, AOSP Camera, Keyboard etc etc.

If you want Google apps you can flash separately in a custom recovery.

What gapps do you recommend? Or what gapps are you using?
21st November 2014, 01:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Finally I was searching a ROM like this one, I hope you update it when there is a new release.
21st November 2014, 01:23 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baySF

What gapps do you recommend? Or what gapps are you using?

I use the SimpleAOSP L Gapps. But any Lollipop Gapps should be fine. Link below for SimpleAOSP L Gapps

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001608382

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chochiwpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chochiwpg Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 01:28 AM |#10  
Flag Where The Sun Shines 95% of The Time
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chochiwpg

I use the SimpleAOSP L Gapps. But any Lollipop Gapps should be fine. Link below for SimpleAOSP L Gapps

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001608382

Thanks for the reply. Question about those Gapps. Does it include HDR+?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baySF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baySF Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 01:36 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvm

Finally I was searching a ROM like this one, I hope you update it when there is a new release.

I am going to try and keep up to date. If 5.0.0_r8 is uploaded to AOSP I will try to provide an update, time permitting.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chochiwpg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chochiwpg Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread