FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Secure Spaces Android ROM (now on +50M devices)

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2015, 04:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I know this is the Nexus 5 forum but Secure Spaces only has a thread here. Are there any plans to bring it to the newer Nexus devices?

26th November 2015, 04:05 PM |#12  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by driekus33

I know this is the Nexus 5 forum but Secure Spaces only has a thread here. Are there any plans to bring it to the newer Nexus devices?

We are working on porting to Marshmallow currently to support Nexus 5x and 6P, we will release this ROM when it is ready. Thanks for asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffRt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JeffRt Ad-Free
27th November 2015, 04:00 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRt

We are working on porting to Marshmallow currently to support Nexus 5x and 6P, we will release this ROM when it is ready. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for such a speedy reply. I look forward to seeing more of it.

A quick question, is the virtualization used a Xen virtualization?
28th November 2015, 02:34 PM |#14  
Flag Bildungsrepublik
Thanks Meter: 64

More
You really got my interest here, this looks really awesome. I just like to know, if there are some extra settings for customization included, or if this is pure stock.
Another thing is, that I like to use xposed with xprivacy - I doubt that xposed is working here, or?
29th November 2015, 12:15 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
On my one sim 16 gig Nexus. Waste of time. My lenovo zuk 1, two sim, 64gig,yup handy
29th November 2015, 03:55 PM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by driekus33

Thanks for such a speedy reply. I look forward to seeing more of it.

A quick question, is the virtualization used a Xen virtualization?

HI driekus33 , we are not using Xen. We create separated spaces "virtual phones" using a combination of kernel mods (ecryptfs, pid namespaces etc) , framework mods and applications to achieve this. I will provide more technical details in this thread for those that are interested. Thanks for the question.
29th November 2015, 04:00 PM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarzlichtkind

You really got my interest here, this looks really awesome. I just like to know, if there are some extra settings for customization included, or if this is pure stock.
Another thing is, that I like to use xposed with xprivacy - I doubt that xposed is working here, or?

Hi schwarzlichtkind, I am not sure what you mean by extra settings - but we provide a way for you to divide your device into multiple spaces or "virtual phones" and also the ability to create a hidden space "virtual phone". You can push what ever apps you want into these spaces and customize based off of stock AOSP. Our ROM does not support xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffRt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JeffRt Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 04:05 PM |#18  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum0

On my one sim 16 gig Nexus. Waste of time. My lenovo zuk 1, two sim, 64gig,yup handy

Hi zerosum0, Can you expand on your "Waste of time"? I think keeping a hidden space and a personal space with only a few important apps will help reduce the impact of memory. For example in your hidden space you may just have a set of Tor apps and in a personal space you might use this to try new games or apps you want to ensure do not get access to your personal data (contacts etc..). I am glad you like it on your Lenovo zuk 1. Thanks for the feedback.
1st December 2015, 08:50 PM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarzlichtkind

I would also argue you no longer need Xprivacy. When you create a space this space is isolated from the owner space , mulit user data separation (and also encrypted using ecryptfs) , plus we have enabled pid namespaces in the kernel. Anything running in the additional space cannot access anything in the owner space (this includes contacts, sensitive data etc). You can also control the network access for this space as well using a number of exposed attributes. We have made this very easy for you to have strong and secure separation.
4th December 2015, 01:40 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
More Hidden Space apps have be uploaded to the Play Store...
8th December 2015, 11:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRt

Hi zerosum0, Can you expand on your "Waste of time"? I think keeping a hidden space and a personal space with only a few important apps will help reduce the impact of memory. For example in your hidden space you may just have a set of Tor apps and in a personal space you might use this to try new games or apps you want to ensure do not get access to your personal data (contacts etc..). I am glad you like it on your Lenovo zuk 1. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mean it's a waste of time, as a concept, but I moved from a 16 gig phone because of the lack of space. As you know only 12 gigs is available. To start cutting into this for hidden space seems idk. I get your point of wanting to keep tor etc hidden but just think it would be better on at least 32-64 gig phones, especially if you want say work and play to be separated. Would the phone fail company tests for root using this? If one could hide that it would be fantastic. Sorry if I seemed dismissive of the idea, it's just I've been having problems with the space I have on this phone( N5) I nearly got the 32gig to replace it as I love it but the Zuk1 with 64gig and 3gig of RAM for far less money is a no brainer. Good luck with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)