FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Secure Spaces Android ROM (now on +50M devices)

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2015, 10:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRt

Hi zerosum0, Can you expand on your "Waste of time"? I think keeping a hidden space and a personal space with only a few important apps will help reduce the impact of memory. For example in your hidden space you may just have a set of Tor apps and in a personal space you might use this to try new games or apps you want to ensure do not get access to your personal data (contacts etc..). I am glad you like it on your Lenovo zuk 1. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mean it's a waste of time, as a concept, but I moved from a 16 gig phone because of the lack of space. As you know only 12 gigs is available. To start cutting into this for hidden space seems idk. I get your point of wanting to keep tor etc hidden but just think it would be better on at least 32-64 gig phones, especially if you want say work and play to be separated. Would the phone fail company tests for root using this? If one could hide that it would be fantastic. Sorry if I seemed dismissive of the idea, it's just I've been having problems with the space I have on this phone( N5) I nearly got the 32gig to replace it as I love it but the Zuk1 with 64gig and 3gig of RAM for far less money is a no brainer. Good luck with it.

9th December 2015, 04:14 PM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum0

I don't mean it's a waste of time, as a concept, but I moved from a 16 gig phone because of the lack of space. As you know only 12 gigs is available. To start cutting into this for hidden space seems idk. I get your point of wanting to keep tor etc hidden but just think it would be better on at least 32-64 gig phones, especially if you want say work and play to be separated. Would the phone fail company tests for root using this? If one could hide that it would be fantastic. Sorry if I seemed dismissive of the idea, it's just I've been having problems with the space I have on this phone( N5) I nearly got the 32gig to replace it as I love it but the Zuk1 with 64gig and 3gig of RAM for far less money is a no brainer. Good luck with it.

No the device with our ROM will not fail a root check, as we have not enabled root on the ROM. We also pass all of the Android CTS tests, the ROM is fully compliant.
14th December 2015, 02:16 PM |#23  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
​Tried our hidden space apps? After flashing your Nexus 5 with our downloadable system ROM​ http://bit.ly/GetSysROM, click the shopping cart on the homescreen to go straight to our Google Play store page​. The calculator hidden space app is free

Hidden space apps

​​Follow the directions on the screen and you can create a Hidden Space to store sensitive documents, pictures or accounts (you can have a different Facebook or Wechat account than in the Owner Space).

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for improvement, I would love to hear from you, either on this thread or on our Forums page http://www.securespaces.com/WP2015/index.php/forums/​
17th December 2015, 08:25 PM |#24  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
OTA support coming soon as well as some UI changes. Expected release date is Jan 4th.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffRt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JeffRt Ad-Free
18th December 2015, 05:06 AM |#25  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 787

More
Quote:

OTA support coming soon as well as some UI changes. Expected release date is Jan 4th.

Can you guys make a flashable zip out of it? Cause flashing the image is really a pain in the a**. Either way I just love your concept. Great work

I'm having a small problem here. I created a hidden space and added whatsapp and all its media in it. And then I mistakenly pressed == instead of ++, so it created a new hidden space. Is their any way I can get that data back or will it always stay on my phone without me actually getting to access it unless I root my phone?
30th December 2015, 08:17 PM |#26  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead2502

Can you guys make a flashable zip out of it? Cause flashing the image is really a pain in the a**. Either way I just love your concept. Great work

I'm having a small problem here. I created a hidden space and added whatsapp and all its media in it. And then I mistakenly pressed == instead of ++, so it created a new hidden space. Is their any way I can get that data back or will it always stay on my phone without me actually getting to access it unless I root my phone?

Hi Mumbai,

We bundle our image as a flashpack so users don't need additional tools (adb fastboot) as they are included. As for the hidden space data it is gone. If you over write your hidden space the data erased and a new space is created. This is done to allow for a new space to be created and the user does not need to worry about old data (possibly sensitive) hanging around.
31st December 2015, 04:06 PM |#27  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
A new ROM update has been posted. This update Includes OTA support, a new virtual phone app (creates a personal space with wizard), a new Spaces Finder app (quick links to playstore, website, info etc) also we have made some UI changes and combined our Spaces apps into one app for creating and managing spaces. I hope you like our changes. Let us know what you think.

Thanks for all the great support!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeffRt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JeffRt Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 06:08 PM |#28  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

A new ROM update has been posted. This update Includes OTA support, a new virtual phone app (creates a personal space with wizard), a new Spaces Finder app (quick links to playstore, website, info etc) also we have made some UI changes and combined our Spaces apps into one app for creating and managing spaces. I hope you like our changes. Let us know what you think.

Can you post some screenshots of what changes you have made in the UI?
31st December 2015, 07:57 PM |#29  
OP Member
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead2502

Can you post some screenshots of what changes you have made in the UI?

Yes I promise to post some pics in the new year.

Happy New Year!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffRt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JeffRt Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 08:09 PM |#30  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

Yes I promise to post some pics in the new year.

Happy New Year!!

Cool. Same to you man. Hope you update this awesome ROM to Marshmallow.
2nd January 2016, 12:58 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Your ROM really has me drooling. Looks fantastic. I am thinking of purchasing a Nexus 5 or holding out till you get 6P support. Two questions I will help me decide which way to go.
1.) ROM appears to be a late beta. Is it suitable as a daily driver?
2.) Is there a ball park idea on Nexus 6P version (6 month, 12 month?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)