Secure Spaces Android ROM (now on +50M devices)

Search This thread

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
XDA:DevDB Information
Secure Spaces, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
JeffRt
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.4
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-12
Current Beta Version: 3.4
Beta Release Date: 2015-11-12

Created 2015-11-17
Last Updated 2016-10-31

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160929-151319.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-151319.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,822
  • Screenshot_20160929-151332.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-151332.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,768
  • Screenshot_20160929-151423.png
    Screenshot_20160929-151423.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Screenshot_20160929-151432.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-151432.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Screenshot_20160929-151456.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-151456.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,600
Last edited:

driekus33

Jun 6, 2012
I know this is the Nexus 5 forum but Secure Spaces only has a thread here. Are there any plans to bring it to the newer Nexus devices?

schwarzlichtkind

May 13, 2010
Bildungsrepublik
You really got my interest here, this looks really awesome. I just like to know, if there are some extra settings for customization included, or if this is pure stock.
Another thing is, that I like to use xposed with xprivacy - I doubt that xposed is working here, or?

zerosum0

Feb 7, 2015
On my one sim 16 gig Nexus. Waste of time. My lenovo zuk 1, two sim, 64gig,yup handy

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
Thanks for such a speedy reply. I look forward to seeing more of it.

A quick question, is the virtualization used a Xen virtualization?

HI driekus33 , we are not using Xen. We create separated spaces "virtual phones" using a combination of kernel mods (ecryptfs, pid namespaces etc) , framework mods and applications to achieve this. I will provide more technical details in this thread for those that are interested. Thanks for the question.

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
You really got my interest here, this looks really awesome. I just like to know, if there are some extra settings for customization included, or if this is pure stock.
Another thing is, that I like to use xposed with xprivacy - I doubt that xposed is working here, or?

Hi schwarzlichtkind, I am not sure what you mean by extra settings - but we provide a way for you to divide your device into multiple spaces or "virtual phones" and also the ability to create a hidden space "virtual phone". You can push what ever apps you want into these spaces and customize based off of stock AOSP. Our ROM does not support xposed.

Reactions: schwarzlichtkind

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com
On my one sim 16 gig Nexus. Waste of time. My lenovo zuk 1, two sim, 64gig,yup handy

Hi zerosum0, Can you expand on your "Waste of time"? I think keeping a hidden space and a personal space with only a few important apps will help reduce the impact of memory. For example in your hidden space you may just have a set of Tor apps and in a personal space you might use this to try new games or apps you want to ensure do not get access to your personal data (contacts etc..). I am glad you like it on your Lenovo zuk 1. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

JeffRt

Nov 12, 2015
Ottawa
www.securespaces.com

I would also argue you no longer need Xprivacy. When you create a space this space is isolated from the owner space , mulit user data separation (and also encrypted using ecryptfs) , plus we have enabled pid namespaces in the kernel. Anything running in the additional space cannot access anything in the owner space (this includes contacts, sensitive data etc). You can also control the network access for this space as well using a number of exposed attributes. We have made this very easy for you to have strong and secure separation.

Reactions: schwarzlichtkind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    Secure Spaces, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    JeffRt
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.4
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-12
    Current Beta Version: 3.4
    Beta Release Date: 2015-11-12

Created 2015-11-17
    Last Updated 2016-10-31
    SecureSpaces 4.3 Release

Hey Guys,

The latest SecureSpaces ROM for Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X is ready for download. Version 4.3 includes some major usability and feature upgrades (see release notes below).

For those of you already running SecureSpaces, you should find the OTA update available now. To download the fastboot images please visit: http://www.securespaces.com/secure-spaces-downloads-2/ You can install the image using the included fastboot tool. There is a flash-all script for Windows, Mac, or Linux included in the zip package, and further instructions on www.securespaces.com

## Release Notes for 4.3.000

### Feature Updates
    * UI changes to the Spaces Settings menus
    * UI changes to Spaces Sharing
    * On device password recovery
    * Space transition screens
    * Private APN within Spaces

### Improvements
    * Improved performance of self-contained Spaces
    * Personal Spaces using self-contained policy
    * Reduced file sizes
    * Various bug fixes

### Known Issues
    * Deleting user data from Space does not remove photos
    * Sharing music files between Spaces get renamed
    * Managed Space names are editable
    :cool: New Video on Using the Secure Spaces ROM and the Hidden Space Calculator App with a Tor Space :cool:
    This is Some Serious Awesomeness!!!

Here's a VR

Hope this helps!