I originally created this for the Nexus7 2013, and it's proved invaluable for recovering from "pilot errors", and decided to create one for the Nexus5
1) If for whatever reason you don't already have your drivers installed on your PC, download and install DRIVERS (Win 8 Driver instructions included).
2) Download and extract Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
3) Turn on your phone, and connect your phone to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the phone)
4) Open up folder where you extracted the Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus5.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
6) If your phone will not boot and you need to restore, boot your phone into fastboot (volume down and power), connect phone to PC, and click the "Dead_Nexus5.bat" file found in the folder.
Video was created for the Nexus 7 2013, but the procedure is EXACTLY the same.
For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
1) Your bootloader will still be unlocked after this procedure. If you want to relock it, you will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Phone in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
2) You will be unrooted after this procedure
3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility.
If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.
Updated with KTU84P images (Android 4.4.4)
Updated with KTU84M images (Android 4.4.3)
Updated with KOT49H images (Android 4.4.2)
Initial Release MD5 Sum 7554edb9b2ec2a18bf520506799c5834