Search This thread

P4Block

Nov 24, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Mi A2
HTML:
Your warranty is still valid thanks to proper EU regulations
This is a pre-release stitched together rom, expect bugs

My personal build of LineageOS 15.1, built straight from the official repos and with the latest additions made by the actual developers @amaces @razorloves

Releasing here so people that want it can have it before it goes official.

Bugs:
Bluetooth audio calling may not work properly

Details:
SELinux permissive for now

Downloads:
Rom Download
OpenGapps for Android 8.1
Flash Magisk to root and avoid Google issues

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
P4Block, amaces,razorloves
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader, maybe
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: LineageOS 14.1

Created 2018-01-28
Last Updated 2018-08-28

Last edited:

szili9992

Dec 4, 2012
Just flashed it and it seems to be working fine. The only problem i have with it is that it's missing the widevine drm blob and without it apps like netflix won't work. There are a lot of commits on lineage gerrit. Can you maybe take a look at it?

P4Block

Nov 24, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Mi A2
Just flashed it and it seems to be working fine. The only problem i have with it is that it's missing the widevine drm blob and without it apps like netflix won't work. There are a lot of commits on lineage gerrit. Can you maybe take a look at it?

I kanged angler's widevine blob, just like others did on lg g3 / opo, and widevine is still not working somehow huh

Also, Lineage has picked up network usage monitoring support. I will post an updated zip later.

P4Block

Nov 24, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Mi A2
Can anyone share the right roomservice.xml for home building?

Checkout the latest open commit on the official gerrit for an updated device tree. Use the kernel I linked in the first post and a normal vendor.

It will fail to build on display/gps/maybe other stuff, take a look into the open commits for those on gerrit too and cherry pick the fixes.

On the build I mentioned, I'm delaying it until more stuff is in (which there seems to be now). So one may be coming later today.

n0white

Feb 3, 2018
Here is the aforementioned new build

- Added Privacy Guard
- Added LiveDisplay tile
- Removed NFC (it was broken anyway and was causing battery life and phat logcat issues)
- More stuff I forgot that I read on gerrit

Download link on the main post has been updated. Also, Download here too.
Can you add animated pixel navbar?

shea83

Sep 24, 2010
thanks, wonderful rom! .. one annoying thing is during calls when using the speakerphone people on the other side hear an echo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTML:
    Your warranty is still valid thanks to proper EU regulations
    This is a pre-release stitched together rom, expect bugs

My personal build of LineageOS 15.1, built straight from the official repos and with the latest additions made by the actual developers @amaces @razorloves

Releasing here so people that want it can have it before it goes official.

Bugs:
    Bluetooth audio calling may not work properly

Details:
    SELinux permissive for now

Downloads:
    Rom Download
    OpenGapps for Android 8.1
    Flash Magisk to root and avoid Google issues

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    P4Block, amaces,razorloves
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader, maybe
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: LineageOS 14.1

Created 2018-01-28
    Last Updated 2018-08-28
    Updatelord

Hammerhead changes:

• New GCC 4.9 built kernel with specific krait optimizations, no placebo this time, actually faster. Programs can now use hardware divide (wow, such an advanced operation!)
    • Re-adds treble OMX, again.

Upstream lineage changes:

• Ultra fast hosts file parsing due to memory caching. Adaway should work much better now.
    • No wallpaper tint anywhere polluting lockscreen, notification shade and others.

Download
    I just bought a Mi A2 and suggest anyone still using the N5 does the same. It's had a good run.

It could've been much more if it wasn't for the sad state of affairs on the open source world. (blame qcom and google) Maybe one day linux-mainline fully supports the device and something can be done, but at that point few N5s will even be alive. Check out postmarketOS wiki and links on the matter.

I will keep posting builds until official 15.1 is released. My N5 is still alive, now living his retirement as a dedicated TOTP device.
    UPDATE

YES

After fighting random issues for a month, it is here.

Updated lineage sources. Very smooth for some reason.

Work is being done upstream for HAL1 cameras. We may have working camcorder soonTM.

It's been too long and I haven't kept up with new features much. So this build is build your own changelog, or changelog as a service.

Anyhow recommended update.

Download

Next build will be on the just released GCC 8.1 and will be posted soon.
    Update

Lineage now has support for snapdragon 800 based phones out of the box. No need to patch it to build anymore, we just need the device tree/kernel/blobs.

Changed buildserver. Updated lineage sources. LineageSDK, styles API and a few other things are in.

Download

Don't use without Magisk >= 16.3. If google is giving trouble, clear play store data.

Also, recommended google camera