FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need help compiling AOSPA nougat!!

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone, I'm sort of a newbie in ROM building, and decided to compile ParanoidAndroid nougat for hammerhead. I followed the instructions from - https://github.com/AOSPA/manifest

Once I run ./rom-build.sh hammerhead, it runs for about 15 seconds before giving me the error in the screenshot attached.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-04-11 12-19-03.png
Views:	450
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	4108868  
 
 
15th April 2017, 04:17 AM |#2  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 851
 
More
Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. 😂 Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of 🤡s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
15th April 2017, 02:21 PM |#3  
marcomarinho's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 6,969
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of 🤡s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They're working daily on that. you're free to compile and if you're smart enough you can successfully compile it

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNightmare

Hello everyone, I'm sort of a newbie in ROM building, and decided to compile ParanoidAndroid nougat for hammerhead. I followed the instructions from - https://github.com/AOSPA/manifest

Once I run ./rom-build.sh hammerhead, it runs for about 15 seconds before giving me the error in the screenshot attached.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You'll need some knowledge to compile it. You need to import some features from bullhead or angler and adapt it.. It's kinda hard especially if you're starting. I advice you to start building AOSP first and learn from that.
16th April 2017, 02:40 PM |#4  
Mr.FREE_Bird's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dr88
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of 🤡s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yo you are so ungrateful, show some respect! The only clown is you.
You clearly know nothing about what you are talking about. The Dev's behind AOSPA want to bring a quality ROM, they don't want to rush thing to take a step back in the Custom ROM scene and bring a buggy ROM, so instead they take their time to come up with something nice and good (probably). How fast a Dev can bring up a ROM and update it tells nothing about the quality of the ROM. AOSPA was awesome back in the JellyBean and KitKat days, I'm sure their Dev team is working hard to get back on that level. Instead of whining about them being slow with releasing, you could give them some help or just give it some time and be patience to see with what they are coming up with.
17th April 2017, 07:05 PM |#5  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 851
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.FREE_Bird

Yo you are so ungrateful, show some respect! The only clown is you.
You clearly know nothing about what you are talking about. The Dev's behind AOSPA want to bring a quality ROM, they don't want to rush thing to take a step back in the Custom ROM scene and bring a buggy ROM, so instead they take their time to come up with something nice and good (probably). How fast a Dev can bring up a ROM and update it tells nothing about the quality of the ROM. AOSPA was awesome back in the JellyBean and KitKat days, I'm sure their Dev team is working hard to get back on that level. Instead of whining about them being slow with releasing, you could give them some help or just give it some time and be patience to see with what they are coming up with.

It was my primary ROM for YEARS. There are other ROMs that cannot achieve their quality and yet I haven't encountered any bugs at all on those ROMs. How come?
17th April 2017, 07:10 PM |#6  
Mr.FREE_Bird's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dr88
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

It was my primary ROM for YEARS. There are other ROMs that cannot achieve their quality and yet I haven't encountered any bugs at all on those ROMs. How come?

Fair question, maybe it's because those ROM's you talk about made a decision between bringing quality or fixing bugs fast. PA probably goes for bringing a quality ROM instead of rushing on things to fix bugs and bring a "half work" ROM. Who knows? I guess we will see eventually
8th May 2017, 06:38 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomarinho

http://jenkins5.legacyserver.in/job/...ead/69/console

Can you share the build?
8th May 2017, 10:48 AM |#9  
marcomarinho's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 6,969
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShadow800

Can you share the build?

When everything is stable I will release it
The Following User Says Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2017, 11:24 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomarinho

When everything is stable I will release it

Okay thank you!
8th May 2017, 02:52 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Puńsk
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
I actually had downloaded Paranoid android 7.1.2 from AFH, idk if it was your build @marcomarinho , but it was working flawlessly. It had OMS, but i restored my backup and removed zip file... anyways it was working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes