FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

How do we build Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Abdullah Yusoff, Junior Member on 17th February 2017, 04:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi developers, I'm a newbie for developing Android. Can i ask you all? How do you build and develop Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc? I want to build and develop my own rom,please? Thanks.

17th February 2017, 07:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Look on their tutorials...
18th February 2017, 03:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Having a separate computer for doing builds is a huge difference. The amount of storage and RAM it takes to build these ROMs is large. I have tried to build from source many times on my laptop. Get a dedicated build machine with enough memory and storage to complete the builds.
3rd March 2017, 01:43 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezei

Look on their tutorials...

I have been working on building from source for over a year now. I have followed many different tutorials for repo and building. I still have had no luck. I have not given up yet. Every video I have watched makes it look easy, but it is not that easy. Just now I have had gnults_handshake TCP errors when repo is going on. It isn't all that easy to debug Linux commands when building a build environment.
6th May 2017, 02:19 AM |#5  

More
So I finally built CM 11, 12.1, and CM 13 from source. It took one successful build to make the difference. Good stuff!
27th May 2017, 11:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can you point me at one of those tutorials?
Thanks
29th May 2017, 01:20 AM |#7  
Flag Wuxi
Thanks Meter: 274

More
They are on this website. Have a look around.
23rd July 2017, 01:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
You need a complete linux distro , you must done a dual-boot it's better , linux alone is fah , and go to see guides for terminal commands you should use , in dual-boot you must have at less 200 Gb for the distro and then you're done with fews hours and days of patience
24th August 2017, 04:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Man, I follow this tutorial.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...t2814763/page1
4th October 2017, 09:21 PM |#10  
Flag Lille
Thanks Meter: 736

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah Yusoff

Hi developers, I'm a newbie for developing Android. Can i ask you all? How do you build and develop Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc? I want to build and develop my own rom,please? Thanks.

You'll need few requirement to go :
- Hardware
- 8GB RAM (more is better)
- minimum dual core CPU
- minimum 150Go storage
- Some knowledge :
- For that, I recommend you to read pages on Android Developers AOSP, looks other commits to understand how does a device tree (or hw, kernel, etc..) work, and be curious each thing you don't understand on in a device tree, check what is it (e.g.: you see "libIon", check what is "libIon")

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread