FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

ROM boot using Emulator

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Rondeau7, Member on 5th May 2017, 03:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Looking to find a way to boot a zip.file ROM using Virtual Machine Ubuntu 14.4 LTS. Meaning is there a way to test a ROM before sending it to a device for flashing. Using the virtual machine to do the test run it self.

5th May 2017, 09:37 PM |#2  
Flag Puńsk
Thanks Meter: 165

More
I dont think so... If you have one of those OTG cables, just copy zip to flashdrive and test it in multirom, so in case it wont work You'll be able to revert changes instantly
6th May 2017, 01:18 AM |#3  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 440

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondeau7

Looking to find a way to boot a zip.file ROM using Virtual Machine Ubuntu 14.4 LTS. Meaning is there a way to test a ROM before sending it to a device for flashing. Using the virtual machine to do the test run it self.

You would have to emulate a N5, which is not possible
6th May 2017, 02:14 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Even using and SDK emulator? There are programs that emulate andriod on a PC platform.
7th January 2018, 05:17 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondeau7

Even using and SDK emulator? There are programs that emulate andriod on a PC platform.

The problem there is that such emulators can't boot ROMs for the real device.

I have an emulated 5x at my beck right now - it is running Oreo, in fact - and even includes Pixel Launcher. However, if I threw it at a real 5x, it would balk, because it's built on the Intel architecture, and requires HAXM to even run (which is not true of a real 5x), and thus would balk when confronted with same. I'm not saying that emulation is not a slick piece of work - it is, and I've said so multiple times. The emulated 5x is, if anything, far slicker than is supposed to be possible - first off, the real 5x is a quad-core ARM CPU, and the emulated version is running on a dual-core Intel Pentium G3258 (in short, it doesn't even have the virtual two extra cores of the Core i3 at its beck); however, it not only runs, it is, in fact, FASTER than MEMuPLAY - a purpose-built Android emulator for the Windows OS - which runs Lollipop. I chose it because it's a standard AVD that is included with the current version of Android Studio - no shens whatever. (It even includes the Play Store - so you can - literally - treat it as a real device otherwise; this is something that Google got seriously pounded over - and especially compared to Microsoft/Xamarin and Genymotion); if you happen to actually HAVE a 5x, you can import the AVD's configuration to it - just like you could that of a genuine 5x.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread