Jul 20, 2011

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170709-150903.png
    Screenshot_20170709-150903.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 183

Sunkins

Jul 20, 2011
Yes I have the same baseband version.
There is no toggle switch for 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz in wifi settings but I can see 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz connections when I scan for wifi networks and I can connect with them
I found the reason.
Android 7 hides the option switching 2.4 G and 5 G in Advanced WIFI settings, and it determines to choose 2.4 or 5 G by itself.
I switched off the 2.4 g band of my router, and then the phone saw the 5 g SSID and connected to it.
It has been considered as a new feature of android 7 :) https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidPreviews/comments/4euqle/question_wheres_the_toggle_for_245ghz_wifi/

wwazman

Nov 2, 2011
I just installed this and I did a factory reset.. did the pico install for gapps.. I just got it running but I can't get Google Now launcher to open. It keeps wanting me to set it as a Home app instead of "Launcher3" however the option for Google Now does not appear in the list. ...although ironically "Nougat Launcher" works fine (just downloaded off Play lol) .. any ideas?

Nexive

Feb 12, 2012
Brussels
Samsung Galaxy S22
I just installed this and I did a factory reset.. did the pico install for gapps.. I just got it running but I can't get Google Now launcher to open. It keeps wanting me to set it as a Home app instead of "Launcher3" however the option for Google Now does not appear in the list. ...although ironically "Nougat Launcher" works fine (just downloaded off Play lol) .. any ideas?
You also need the Google app to get Google Now Launcher working.
If you do that, Google Now Launcher will appears. :)

Reactions: wwazman

wwazman

Nov 2, 2011
oop yes, sorry I got myself confused... after a reboot or two it came up, and I moved on to the next problem with it, (Google Now) refuses to show the Google Search on the home screen (I know it's a widget, I don't see it) but the big BIG problem is when I swipe left in to bring up the Google screen it won't do "Ok Google" detection, and when I click "Settings" it says Google Play services doesn't have one or more required permissions... I've gone in and checked and everything I can see is on, but it still is being sticky.. have rebooted several times, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache..

Reactions: Nexive

Nexive

Feb 12, 2012
Brussels
Samsung Galaxy S22
oop yes, sorry I got myself confused... after a reboot or two it came up, and I moved on to the next problem with it, (Google Now) refuses to show the Google Search on the home screen (I know it's a widget, I don't see it) but the big BIG problem is when I swipe left in to bring up the Google screen it won't do "Ok Google" detection, and when I click "Settings" it says Google Play services doesn't have one or more required permissions... I've gone in and checked and everything I can see is on, but it still is being sticky.. have rebooted several times, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache..
For the Google search bar issue:
Pick a random widget and place it on your homescreen. You wil now get a message, go agree and the Google search bar will show op.

For the Ok google issue, you can try following options:
Option 1:
Go to settings (device settings)
Go to apps
Go to google
(Re)enable microphone permission

Option 2: (don't know if it's necessary)
Go to apps
Tap the gear wheel
Go to assist and voice input
Choose none
Choose google
Agree

Option 3: (don't know if it's necessary)
Remove the following line in build.prop:
ro.opa.egilible_device=true

Reactions: wwazman

wwazman

Nov 2, 2011
Thanks!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwazman

For the Google search bar issue:
Pick a random widget and place it on your homescreen. You wil now get a message, go agree and the Google search bar will show op.

For the Ok google issue, you can try following options:
Option 1:
Go to apps
Go to google
(Re)enable microphone permission

Option 2: (don't know if it's necessary)
Go to apps
Tap the gear wheel
Go to assist and voice input
Choose none
Choose google
Agree

Option 3: (don't know if it's necessary)
Remove the following line in build.prop:

I don't know how to do option 3 ??????

wwazman

Nov 2, 2011

or eligible? typo?

ok regardless, I just checked and it is already set to true.... (o a sidenote, where's the setting to tell it to always stay on lte??) :D

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

that ro.opa.egilible_device=true did not fix it (to clarify, "Ok Google" now works, however I cannot set it in Google Now settings, it still has the "Google Play services doesn't have one or more required permissions" error.

Reactions: Nexive

Nexive

Feb 12, 2012
Brussels
Samsung Galaxy S22

or eligible? typo?

ok regardless, I just checked and it is already set to true.... (o a sidenote, where's the setting to tell it to always stay on lte??) :D

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

that ro.opa.egilible_device=true did not fix it (to clarify, "Ok Google" now works, however I cannot set it in Google Now settings, it still has the "Google Play services doesn't have one or more required permissions" error.
Normally ro.opa.egilible_device=true should be already in build.prop. You need to remove that line or set it to false to get Ok Google working.
But if it works now, it's okay. :p

For the permission issue:
(Re)enable all the permissions for Google Play Services.

And what do you mean by always stays on lte?
You want that the device prefers a LTE connection over a wifi connection?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This gets updated at least once per day

Useful Utils
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated link to separate thread: you're now welcome to discuss any issues or feedback with the debloater scripts or DeltaDroid's GApps packages over there.
    Selection of flashable ZIPs that remove some/all of the preinstalled (old) AOSP apps from the ROM completely. You can choose to remove them all, or keep some, plus we recommend great FOSS alternative apps for the Google equivalents. Choose from Maximum, Medium or Minimum debloating.

FAQs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Send a "thanks" to @androcraze for his additional collation of FAQs and notes integrated into this post!
    Please read this section before posting a question or bug, it might already be answered here!

Changelogs for FAQs

Code:
    [LIST]
    18 September 2016
    [*] New build added
    8 September 2016
    [*] Added YouTube fix 
    [*] New links to debloat script
    [*] New build available
    7 September 12PM
    [*] Added fix for phone crashing

3 September 3pm SAST
    [*] New build (see changelog)

1 September 12PM SAST
    [*] Added new build info

30 August 5pm SAST
    [*] Added potential fix to green screen on video recording

30 August 12am SAST
    [*]Added info on battery drain solution
    [*]Added info on root access

29 Aug 12am SAST
    [*] Added "debug-only private cache fix
    [*] Added green-screen flicker issue
    [*] MultiROM fixes!

28 Aug 12am SAST
    [*] Modified FAQ with the new build
    [*]Added tip on keeping Night mode active

27 Aug 7pm SAST
    [*] Fixed broken link to green line fix on video

27 Aug 12PM SAST
    [*] Improved GApps install instruction (See Installation FAQ)
    [*]Added solution to TimeService issue (See Usage FAQ)
    [*]Added solution to Boot animation missing (See Installation FAQ)
    [*]Added possible solution for green line (see Apps FAQ)
    [/LIST]

Installation FAQ
    Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: TWRP 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 is required.

Q: Does Busybox work?
    A: Yes, check here.

Q: How do I get root?
    A: As you would normally - download this SuperSU ZIP (latest 2.77 beta works fine) and copy it to your device storage. Reboot into TWRP and flash the ZIP, then reboot the device. If the boot loops once or twice, that's normal. Once it's done, you can confirm by checking for the "SuperSU" app in your app tray.

Q: Which GApps to use?
    A: Check out pico, nano or micro GApps on the Open GApps page. Some have had luck with Mini but this varies by build.

Q: Can I use MultiROM to install this ROM?
    A: Update 29 Aug : MultiROM fixes here Courtesy of @blade

Q: Procedure to install ROM with GApps
    A: Note: Latest ROM build allows flashing ROM + GApps in one queue without crashes
    (For older builds) A: Don't flash the ROM together with GApps in the same ZIP queue because this will cause the Installation Wizard to run on first boot. Due to Google Play permissions errors the Wizard will keep crashing and you won't be able to bypass this. Solution:
    1. Enter TWRP, wipe as needed, install the ROM via TWRP
    2. Reboot the phone to Android (configure WiFi and APN info).
    3. Reboot back to recovery
    4. Install GApps via TWRP
    5. Boot to System (Yes, you'll probably get Play Services "FC" messages until you perform #6, below)
    6. Immediately toggle application permissions to "ON" under:
    Settings -> Apps -> ... -> System show
    For:
    - Google Contacts Sync
    - Google Play Services
    - Google Play Store
    7. Reboot the phone
    8. Add your Google Account via "Settings -> Accounts -> Add account -> Google"
    9. Verify that Contacts are synced and Play Services is functional.

Q: Why does Settings > Backup and restore shows "debug-only private cache" instead of my Google account?
    A: There's a fix (Tested as working!) that you can try here

Q: After flashing TWRP says "No OS Installed?" Note: This has been fixed in the latest build)
    A: Ignore this message. If the ROM flash indicated as being successful, you can swipe to reboot and the OS should boot.

Q: After flashing the ROM I've lost TWRP, what gives?
    A: Since this was a stock AOSP image it includes stock recovery. Do this to get TWRP back;
    • Enable developer options on your device by pressing the build number 7 times on Settings > About Phone
    • Enable USB debugging in developer options
    • Connect your device to your PC and issue
      Code:
      adb reboot-bootloader
      from wherever your ADB is installed
    • Place the TWRP image in the ADB folder.
    • Your phone should restart to the fastboot interface. Now issue
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>
      where <twrp.img> is the name of the TWRP file
    • When that's done, issue
      Code:
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
      and choose "Enter recovery" to go into your TWRP
    • Ensure TWRP performs the one-time step of setting itself to read-write permissions, by else it'll disappear again on next boot.
    • Newer builds are being reported to preserve TWRP on reflash.

Apps FAQ
    Q: My Google Play Store / Google Play Services / Apps keep crashing?
    A: This is a permissions issue. Go to System Settings > Apps (top right menu button) > Show System
    Set the following to resolve most crashes:
    • Google Contacts sync > Contacts permission
    • Google play services > all permissions

Q: My contacts aren't syncing?
    A: Give the contacts app contacts permission and try Settings > Accounts > Google > Contacts (uncheck and recheck)
    If this doesn't work, uninstall the GApps contacts APK, and install this Google Contacts APK as an update to the system one. Perform the step above and contacts should sync.

Q: What if I want to use the setup wizard to copy apps, accounts and data after install?
    A: Install the ROM and GApps as advised in the Installation section, once you've set up everything and permissions etc. do a factory reset. This should fix it (thanks @devilsadidas for the tip).

Q: Where is the System Tuner UI?
    A: Enable Developer Options (under "About Phone", tap "Build Number" seven times), then long-press the settings icon in the notification shade/bar.

Q: How do I get rid of the green screen flickering in video recording?
    A: This is a known issue (See Known Issues). Update - @nisby reports (confirmed) that using Footej Camera solves the problem. If you per sé want to us Google Camera or the AOSP Camera, @chrisk44 reports the 25/08 build doesn't have that problem.

Q: My YouTube Videos don't play or throw an error
    A: This can be fixed by flashing the 16/09 build.

Usage FAQ

Q: My date and time keeps resetting on successive boots?
    A: Solution is to install the Qualcomm TimeService app (a proprietary application)
    - the 6.0.1 version (tested successfully with 7.0) is available HERE

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No. Vulcan does not provide support the Nexus 5.

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yes. You do not have to enable anything; it is active by default.

Q: Can I use this ROM with Android Pay?
    A: No. Only approved factory ROMs from Google can use Android Pay. If you want Android Pay on the Nexus 5, install a Marshmallow factory image.

Q: Where can I get the Nougat bootanimation?
    A: Try Post #1 in this Boot Animation Collection. Or flash 16/09 build.

Q: If you can't install apps from Play Store: (error code DF-DLA-15)
    A: Go to Settings/Apps/Google Play Services/Storage/Manage space/Clear all data.
    Then go back to:
    Settings/Apps/Google Play Services/Permissions and turn on all permissions (thanks to @BazingaOG for this tip)

Q: My battery charges slowly. Now what?
    A: This is a known issue. See "Known Issues" below and check the Changelog below for any updates on this. (Thanks to @olivercervera )

Q: How is battery life with Nougat on the Nexus 5?
    A: It should be comparable to Marshmallow. If you're having battery drain issues and are rooted, try this solution.

Q: Why is the font scaling on the date/time quick settings pulldown weird?
    A: Known issue. Switch "Display size" (NOT "Font size") in Settings to "Small". (Thanks @Nick80835 for the tip)

Q: Where can I find your build tree?
    A: It will be posted once the ROM is stable.

Q: Can you add new features?
    A: The goal of this ROM is to get a clean build under AOSP. "Features" aren't a priority.

Q: Night mode won't stay enabled if I try to toggle it?
    A: Touch the "on" label on the left to turn it on, NOT the toggle switch on the right (thanks @smartboy0668 for the tip)

Known Issues

As of 8 September:
    • YouTube doesn't play for some. 16/09 build apparently fixes this.
    • Some users report crashes, blank-screening in-call and permissions issues with Google Play Phone app despite setting permissions. Confirmed solution here. (Thanks @DVDandroid and @jokerclown)
    • Settings > Backup shows "debug-only private cache" instead of Google account (Solution under Installation FAQ) Fixed in 08/09 build
    • Video green-screen flickering (discussed here) - App fix here . Use 25/08 build for working Google Camera. (Thanks to @chrisk44 for the tip)
    • Carriers such as Sprint have no signal (confirmed by @famewolf)

Changelogs for ROM

16 September
    Changelog :
    Updated to android 7.0.0_r6 (NRD90U)
    Should fix youtube issues for some users
    Security vulnerability CVE-2016-2059 patched (as reported by a user)
    AOSP nougat bootanimation added
    Other non AOSP features ( UItuner features & others) continue to remain
    8 Sept @ 11PM SAST
    Changelogs :
    Updated to android 7.0.0_r4 (NRD90S)
    September security patch
    "debug-only private cache" in settings-backup should be fixed now (thanks @Rapper_skull for the patch )
    About phone will now reflect Nexus 5 instead of "AOSP on hammerhead"

Other non AOSP features ( UItuner features & others) continue to remain
    3 Sept @ 3pm
    Changelogs : (03/09/2016)
    Implemented webview patch based on @Rapper_skull patch and discussion with @osm0sis
    (device boots now even when there is no gapps flashed. I haven't tested flashing with gapps nor tested if the webview implementation works correctly ! Would be nice if someone does)
    Switched from eng build to userdebug build
    Added support for gesture swiping in keyboard.
    Enable/disable toggle to hide brightness in quick settings is now available and is there in systemui tuner menu ( It's just a aosp feature and was just hidden and i have unhided it)
    1 Sept @ 12pm
    Fix settings FC on boot
    Disable data roaming by default
    Advanced reboot feature ( reboot is a must needed thing and hence )
    Previous hidden systemui tuner features continue to remain
    27 August @11pm
    Released a new build (27/08/2016)

Nothing much, just goodies and improvements. Previous hidden systemui tuner features continue to remain

Goodies :

* Double tap on statusbar to sleep

Improvements :

* Gapps permission grant patch included in the OS
    * Fix the "No OS installed" message when you try to reboot after flashing the ROM via twrp
    25 August @ 7pm
    Issues fixed :

* Camera pictures not getting saved ( Have checked video recording too )
    * Enabled the power modes doze flag

Additional goodies :

Both these will be available in systemui tuner

* Enabled night mode ( i am loving it )
    * Nav bar customization

Download link available in OP
    Discussion Thread for AOSP Nougat ROM (SanthoshM)

Hi all,

See the main development thread here
    Please consult the FAQ/Issues/Changelog list below before posting, some of your problems might have been solved already!

Since the main thread for the still-WIP Nougat 7.0 ROM by @santhoshm was getting very cluttered with the same questions and answers, making new updates by the OP difficult to find, I thought we could use this thread to discuss bugs, issues anyone is having installing the ROM and configuring apps, and answering general frequent questions without clogging the main thread.
    AOSP Marshmallow & Nougat Deloating Flashables

AOSP Marshmallow & Nougat Deloating Flashables

Link:
    http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-debloating-scripts-aosp-t3457204
    Nexus 5 Stock Sound & Google Pixel Launcher Flashable zips.

Both files are Flashable via TWRP or you can try Chainfire's FlashFire

Nexus 5 Stock Sound Flashable zip

NOTE: This will replace your AOSP Sound with the Nexus 5 Stock Sound.

Nexus_5_Stock_Sounds.zip - MEGA Link

Nexus_5_Stock_Sounds.zip - XDA attachment

Pixel Launcher 7.1-3231428 Flashable zip

Update (10/11/2016): I've included NexusWallpapersStubPrebuilt.apk on the flashable zip. This will add 2 new wallpaper groups on the wallpaper picker: New Elements & Sky High

Note: Since this file is over 21mb, I uploaded it to MEGA & Zippyshare.

NOTE: If you experience sudden Force Crash while going to App Drawer, try to install Google Now Launcher. That will do the trick.

Pixel_Launcher_7.1-3231428.Flashable.zip - Mega.nz

Pixel_Launcher_7.1-3231428.Flashable.zip - Zippyshare.com
    @pianistaPL, @George35000vr, @GjorgiDxc, @kicksilver

I'll give some of my thoughts on your issues and concerns, and I'll let you stew. You don't even have to reply:

- I appreciate every bit of passion that everyone is putting into testing and debugging this ROM. XDA has always been about the community and giving back, and I'm so grateful we get to do that. Let's put that passion into testing.

- AOSP does not mean "vanilla" or "untouched". It simply means Android based-on something other than "stock", or "Cyanogenmod". All of the "AOSP" ROMS throughout XDA are simply ROMs derived from AOSP code. It's a reference or starting point, and nothing more.

- The developer is free to add or subtract as he pleases from the AOSP code. Google's license(s) allow him to do so.

- This is an Alpha-stage ROM. Much behind-the-scenes stuff is occurring, and it's frustrating. But again, this is ALPHA. "userdebug" is turned-on in every release, performance isn't the best, and there are still instability issues; this is not a "daily driver", despite people using it as such.

- Much of the arguing is a moot point. What will happen is that code will be revealed, and others will prune though it and start building their own ROMs. I'm a "vanilla-guy"; I like bare-bones AOSP ROMs with as few tweaks to the code as possible. As the ROM sits now, it doesn't fit my wants or needs. But I'll wait. Patiently. Hopefully we'll see some source code soon.

- Making an add-on flashable to add features to a ROM is conceivably possible, but it would be a mess. It would be easier for the developer to have two separate builds, or better yet, two separate developers working on two separate ROMs.

- The developer was kind to open his thread to the general N5 Community. People get a chance play and give feedback. Great. Unfortunately we only have one developer and one thread, instead of ten threads; it's created a bottleneck of sorts, with an entire N5 community clamoring for one ROM, ***ANY*** ROM. We have many people unfamiliar with the development process, treating this like any other AOSP/CM release; it's not just downloading the code and binaries, compiling, and having a completed ROM.

- The developer needs breathing space to do his magic; the sooner he finishes what he needs to, the quicker well see others continuing further development.

- I want this bickering to die. I've wasted too many brain cells typing this.