Official Android M Discussion Thread

Search This thread

NoteboyTech

Apr 23, 2013
Delhi
techtactics-by-rbhk.blogspot.in
No memory leak for sure.. 10 hours uptime...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1432878970944.jpg
    1432878970944.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,795

ivan08v

Aug 24, 2010
It means we are talking about android 5.2?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432880052076.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1432880052076.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,987

5hifty

Jul 15, 2013
Chicago
Anyone else getting this while flashing to the preview build???? Need help!

sending 'userdata' (0KB)...
FAILED ()

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
" Gone back to the basics "
" Polish and quality "
“literally solved thousands of bugs.”

Flashlight bug/Camera bug still exists on M, Nice one Google. :good:

In fact the flashlight/camera bug existed on the L Dev preview - 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1 and now Dev Preview M

Last edited:

pwarner126

Dec 19, 2012
Anyone have an issue where the typing sound cuts in and out if typing fast?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
I can't see my phone when I connect it to PC to transfer my images and music, it just charges. Tried to get USB tethering, it states, that USB is not connected. Any ideas?
EDIT: Nevermind, found the problem. USB was set to PTP by default, and my pc is on Linux. Searched in settings for USB, found the USB toggle mode, set it ot MTP and all is well with the world

Last edited:

PhilipL

Jun 2, 2007
Hi
There is a new DHCP client in use in Android M. If you hit upon an issue where the Wi-Fi connects then immediately disconnects due to no Internet access (where it worked fine on L), the reason is likely a change to the DHCP client.

Either the DHCP client is only setting a primary DNS server, or some code that checks for internet access does not try the back-up DNS server if the primary fails. In my case, the primary DNS server wasn't working, however all other PCs and Android L happily used the back-up (the reason we normally have a back-up), hence I was unaware. On Android M because the primary DNS server didn't work, it decided there was no Internet access.

I can see this tripping some people up so thought I'd mention it. Options are to try and use the original DHCP client (option in the Developer menu) or if you have access to the Wi-Fi/router check the primary DNS server IP address.

Regards
Phil

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
Can someone tell me if I did it right? been waiting 40mins now for this to boot.
turn phone to fastboot
connect to pc
open cmd
fastboot bootloader, radio,system,userdata,boot,recovery then erase cache
go to recovery mode using volume down then when see android logo, press volume up and power button(which looping) turned it on then 40mins wait :(

S

siddlv

Can someone tell me if I did it right? been waiting 40mins now for this to boot.
turn phone to fastboot
connect to pc
open cmd
fastboot bootloader, radio,system,userdata,boot,recovery then erase cache
go to recovery mode using volume down then when see android logo, press volume up and power button(which looping) turned it on then 40mins wait :(
What? You can't go in Stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why some features of android m like the fingerprint sensor, theme,etc missing in the android m update on the nexus 5 in India
    200w.gif

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    That isn't showing whats currently running, thats just showing you what was/is running in the past X hours and how much memory it used or averaged. Just tested it by finding an app in the list and uninstalling it and refreshing that screen, it now shows the memory usage of the app that was there in the past and is there with no name/icon, so theres no way that app is still running if i had uninstalled it.
    go to settings developer options than running services
    After two days of testing I'm back at 5.1.1.. The preview is nice, but for every day use the amount of apps not working and the bugs were just too much. See you later, Android M.
    Hi
    There is a new DHCP client in use in Android M. If you hit upon an issue where the Wi-Fi connects then immediately disconnects due to no Internet access (where it worked fine on L), the reason is likely a change to the DHCP client.

Either the DHCP client is only setting a primary DNS server, or some code that checks for internet access does not try the back-up DNS server if the primary fails. In my case, the primary DNS server wasn't working, however all other PCs and Android L happily used the back-up (the reason we normally have a back-up), hence I was unaware. On Android M because the primary DNS server didn't work, it decided there was no Internet access.

I can see this tripping some people up so thought I'd mention it. Options are to try and use the original DHCP client (option in the Developer menu) or if you have access to the Wi-Fi/router check the primary DNS server IP address.

Regards
    Phil