FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion] Resurrection Remix 7 for Hammerhead (Android 9 Pie)

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By hammerheadache, Junior Member on 17th June 2019, 05:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone. I am opening this thread for the sake of convenience of us users of this ROM so that we stop hijacking the Oreo version thread and have a "clean" place where we can discuss about our experience with this great ROM. So I suggest anything regarding this ROM to be posted here!

You can find the official builds here: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=hammerhead

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means a developer or maintainer of this ROM, so this cannot be considered an official support thread, just conversation, plain and simple! Moderators can close this thread as soon as an official support thread opens.

Cheers!
17th June 2019, 06:28 PM |#2  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 176

More
I just installed the rom,came from stock. My first impressions are:
-It took 2 reboots to get the camera working. Installed google camera app since the integrated one doesnt show up on app drawer(you can access it from lockscreen though) and it seems to work kinda bad(picture goes black on it sometimes).
-It runs a bit hotter than stock rom. It might be just me though,I have opened the phone a few times to fix the power button which seems to get stuck for me once in a while.
-The default DPI doesn't seem right,everything looks a little bit smaller than it does on stock rom. There is an option to change it though, I set mine to 380 and it looks about right.
I haven't found any other issues yet.
Another note,I think the rom fixed my notification led lol. It didn't work for me on stock rom for some reason.
Pretty good rom overall,I haven't faced any stability issues yet.
edit: Is there any way to lower the resolution?
18th June 2019, 06:24 AM |#3  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I upgraded from RR's Oreo build. Before flashing I repartitioned the phone using the method described here and the even more detailed instructions posted by douguluskaien on page 12 of that thread. The flash went very smoothly and although the phone initially ran hot it cooled back to normal after a few hours of what was probably background processing. With the 1.5G system partition I was able to install the micro version of GAPPS. I've had that experience after flashing new ROMs on other phones as well. I also discovered the bundled camera doesn't work and installed Google Camera. After starting up Google Camera, the original camera worked also. I tried connecting bluetooth headphones, and even though I could pair the headset I couldn't get the phone to send audio - it just kept playing through the phone speaker. I also found the default font size a little small, but changing it to Large in the Font Size menu got it back to what seems like normal.

I have one major issue which I realize is not directly related to the ROM. A custom version of TWRP is required to support the non-standard partitions, and that version is based on TWRP 3.2.3 and doesn't support device encryption. Does anyone know if an updated TWRP will be available that will allow me to encrypt the phone and still do recovery-related stuff?

In summary, this is impressively well along for a build that's only been live for a couple of weeks. This isn't my daily driver so I don't need absolute stability, so this is plenty for me for now. I just won't leave the house with it until I can encrypt.
28th June 2019, 12:15 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I've been using this ROM for about a month now as a daily driver, so here's my feedback:
ROM is very nice and smooth and feature rich (as expected for RR). I installed it with Opengapps nano, rooted with Magisk. It works very well with the Pixel launcher I grabbed from here.

Some drawbacks I noticed:
  • Battery life is rather bad. I get 1h30m SOT at best with very mild usage (mostly site browsing and a little bit of social apps and YT video watching) . Then again I am still using the 5yr old battery that came with the phone...
  • The phone runs very hot (too hot to hold!) after using it for some time. It cools down rather fast if you let it be for a while, though.
  • Sometimes the camera is crashing (the notorious "can't connect to camera" error). usually a reboot fixes this.
  • Sometimes it takes a while for the device to wake up after pressing the power button.
  • I got some soft reboots under device heavy load. Mostly I get them when using the Rocket player music app, and it tries to load a large music folder. Phone freezes, then soft reboots.
  • SElinux is set to permissive and the build is signed with test keys. Maybe the first thing is caused by the latter, I don't know really....

Overall, it is a good ROM with room for improvement. However, I am concerned about its maintenance status. No update since May 14, so I keep my fingers crossed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hammerheadache For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hammerheadache Ad-Free
29th July 2019, 06:13 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
New build (28/07) uploaded!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hammerheadache For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hammerheadache Ad-Free
30th July 2019, 08:47 AM |#6  
Flag Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerheadache

I am not able to install it giving me ERROR 7
30th July 2019, 03:21 PM |#7  
Flag Marand
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

Do you know about change log??
What features added?
I want to update it tonight
30th July 2019, 10:27 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
As I state at the first post, I am not a developer, neither I have any involvement in this project and the people behind it. So I can't provide any support apart from my experience as a user.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacmat

I am not able to install it giving me ERROR 7

I didn't flash this build so I don't know if it works or not. I have switched to a different ROM. However, could you elaborate? Do you come from another ROM? Did you dirty flash? Is your device repartitioned? Usually error 7 in TWRP means there's not enough system space...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.morcielago

Do you know about change log??
What features added?
I want to update it tonight

I do not see any changelog file on the download page. Unfortunately with no official support thread, there are no official answers as well...
31st July 2019, 08:05 AM |#9  
Flag Marand
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I flashed this build this morning by dirty way
Unfortunately Bluetooth is not working
It can find the other devices but can not connect to them
1- How can I fix it?
2-How can I downgrade to previous build?
31st July 2019, 08:38 AM |#10  
Flag Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As I state at the first post, I am not a developer, neither I have any involvement in this project and the people behind it. So I can't provide any support apart from my experience as a user.

I didn't flash this build so I don't know if it works or not. I have switched to a different ROM. However, could you elaborate? Do you come from another ROM? Did you dirty flash? Is your device repartitioned? Usually error 7 in TWRP means there's not enough system space...

I do not see any changelog file on the download page. Unfortunately with no official support thread, there are no official answers as well...

Thanks for the idea, I had just repartitioned, so I had format my entire phone, (before that i had taken the backup ), and I had successfully installed the rom, I got an strange issue of WIFI connectivity, as I am not able to connect to my wifi which is having Hidden SSID, but i am successfully connected with the hotspot from my another primary phone. i haven't tested the bluetooth yet.
1st August 2019, 05:43 AM |#11  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I dirty flashed the new build this morning. Haven't tried bluetooth or camera yet, but Wifi is working fine. As usual, the phone heated up for about a half hour after the flash and then the temp dropped and stabilized. Battery life is not great, like the May build, and there is often a long delay responding to the power button, especially shortly after power-up, but the build seems pretty solid.
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilityguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mobilityguy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)