FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Get Sprint Data To Work On Custom Roms.

5,001 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,889

By mjs2011, Senior Member on 25th November 2013, 04:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all.

Unfortunately it looks like the other thread was closed and I would like to help out other Sprint users who want to flash custom Roms. The fix should be flashed during initial installation, so:

1. Flash ROM
2. Gapps
3. SU (if necessary)
4. Sprint APN Fix zip

Data is confirmed to work out of the box on the following Roms, meaning there's no need to flash the fix:

CM11 based Roms
Cataclysm
Slimkat
Nitrous
Kangakat
Beergang

I'll update this list as Roms developers add their own fix.

I do not take credit for this as I did not create this zip (Thanks to Motcher41 for creating it). I'm just passing it along to help other Sprint users.

Download:
http://d-h.st/QMi

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free

25th November 2013, 04:59 AM |#2  
Flag Indianapolis' west side
Thanks Meter: 998

More
The fix for data on custom roms is not in the apns file, its adding the missing proprietary need to "authenicate" your device to sprint which runs during the initial setup in the setup wizard. The developers need to add the missing stuff "OmaDmclient.apk" and thats it ....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakdillard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jakdillard Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 05:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Hi all.

Unfortunately it looks like the other thread was closed and I would like to help out other Sprint users who want to flash custom Roms. The fix should be flashed during initial installation, so:

1. Flash ROM
2. Gapps
3. SU (if necessary)
4. Sprint APN Fix zip

Data is confirmed to work out of the box on the following Roms, meaning there's no need to flash the fix:

CM11 based Roms
Cataclysm
Slimkat
Nitrous
Kangakat

I'll update this list as Roms developers add their own fix.

I do not take credit for this as I did not create this zip. I'm just passing it along to help other Sprint users.

Download:
http://d-h.st/QMi

After flashing this zip did LTE work for you on ROMs outside of this list?
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulB007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PaulB007 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 05:52 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB007

After flashing this zip did LTE work for you on ROMs outside of this list?

Yes

The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 09:11 AM |#5  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 183

More
I got Sprint, so I appreciate this thread. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to toprock23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toprock23 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 12:44 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
If someone could please test and report back, that would be great as well. I've been using it for a week or so but just want to make sure it's good for everyone else.

25th November 2013, 05:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
The zip has been working fine for me too. You can add beergang to the list of ROMS working out of the box for Sprint data. It rubs smoothly

25th November 2013, 05:39 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotoast

It rubs smoothly

That's what she said!

PS. Thanks, I'll add it to the OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 06:56 PM |#9  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotoast

The zip has been working fine for me too. You can add beergang to the list of ROMS working out of the box for Sprint data. It rubs smoothly

Anyone know if this "Sprint" fix works for Ting users as well? Its an MVNO that uses Sprint towers (includes LTE). Still waiting on my SIM card, but just wondering if i'll be able to flash custom ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmoneygrip23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigmoneygrip23 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 07:09 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoneygrip23

Anyone know if this "Sprint" fix works for Ting users as well? Its an MVNO that uses Sprint towers (includes LTE). Still waiting on my SIM card, but just wondering if i'll be able to flash custom ROMs.

I would try it out. The zip should have all APN's in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free
6th January 2014, 07:25 PM |#11  
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 937

More
i flashed this over rastakat rom and still no data
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)