Remove All Ads from XDA

Flashable ZIP - Android L Radio and Bootloader

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 177

By iammuze, Senior Member on 30th November 2014, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android version 6.0.1 bootloader and radio files updated January 7, 2016

Hello all.

I created a few flashable ZIP files which will install the radio and bootloader images from Android 5.0.x, 5.1.x or 6.0.x depending on your choice.

To install the Android 6.0.1 radio (M8974A-2.0.50.2.28) and bootloader (HHZ12k), flash the following ZIP in recovery:

The file is N5_AndroidM_6.0.x-MMB29S_Radio+Bootloader.zip, MD5 9fef18abade89f85fe13b37320b740bd, size 22.7MB.
You can download it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023708028

---

To install the Android 5.1.1 radio (M8974A-2.0.50.2.26) and bootloader (HHZ12h), flash the following ZIP in recovery:

The file is N5_AndroidL_5.1.x-LMY48M_Radio+Bootloader.zip, MD5 c90de28bf48e9461a13c6617c9d792ce, size 22.7MB.
You can download it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347812405

---

To install the latest Android 5.0.x radio (M8974A-2.0.50.2.22) and bootloader (HHZ12d), flash this ZIP in recovery:

The file is N5_AndroidL_5.0.x-LRX22C_Radio+Bootloader.zip, MD5 4c9861bfe068d232340e961aa7726767, size 22.6MB.
You can download it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347812506

Hope this helps!
The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to iammuze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iammuze Ad-Free

30th November 2014, 10:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 900

More
Thanks
1st December 2014, 02:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Separate radio frm the zip
Thanks for this.

I already have the updated radio. Could you please split the zip in two, with the updated bootloader separate from the radio.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunDionysus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FunDionysus Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 06:55 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDionysus

Thanks for this.

I already have the updated radio. Could you please split the zip in two, with the updated bootloader separate from the radio.

I suppose I can, though it doesn't change anything to flash the same radio version on top of itself, so you could just flash the whole thing to update the bootloader. The only reason there would be to split it up would be if you wanted to keep a different radio version than the one in the zip.
1st December 2014, 05:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 393

More
Are these updated files? Google factory images are at LRX21O but I've seen threads here that have LRX21V in the name, suggesting there's an update of some kind but I'm unable to find any info regarding this with my searches lol.

I'm just trying to update my wife's nexus 5 with factory files (no custom ROM's) as she just wants her phone to work and not have any instability unlike what I do with my phone haha.

She's had it say no network sometimes, I wonder if Google released this update to the radio to address a bug? Or where did you get these files from? Just wondering
1st December 2014, 05:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek69

Are these updated files? Google factory images are at LRX21O but I've seen threads here that have LRX21V in the name, suggesting there's an update of some kind but I'm unable to find any info regarding this with my searches lol.

I'm just trying to update my wife's nexus 5 with factory files (no custom ROM's) as she just wants her phone to work and not have any instability unlike what I do with my phone haha.

She's had it say no network sometimes, I wonder if Google released this update to the radio to address a bug? Or where did you get these files from? Just wondering

The bootloader and radio has been the same through all the revisions of Lollipop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wakamatsu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wakamatsu Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 05:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 393

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakamatsu

The bootloader and radio has been the same through all the revisions of Lollipop.

So these files are from the Google factory images then?

Do you have a link to get the latest revision of lollipop? I wonder if LRX21O isn't the latest anymore lol
2nd December 2014, 03:57 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek69

So these files are from the Google factory images then?

Do you have a link to get the latest revision of lollipop? I wonder if LRX21O isn't the latest anymore lol

Yes, these are from the Google factory images. Specifically, the factory images for the Nexus 5. You can see all of the released Nexus factory images here. As you can see, LRX21O is still the latest version released for the Nexus 5. It seems as though other devices have had images released with "higher" letters, for instance LRX21V is the build number for the latest Nexus Player factory image. My guess is that Google makes device-specific changes to Android and then updates only those devices that would benefit, though I have nothing to back that up.

In any case, the radio and bootloader have been the same versions throughout all builds of Android 5.0 for the Nexus 5 so far, and the latest of those builds is LRX21O. This ZIP does contain the latest and greatest that we have officially available at the moment. I'll do my best to keep it updated should that ever change.
The Following User Says Thank You to iammuze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iammuze Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 04:33 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammuze

YIn any case, the radio and bootloader have been the same versions throughout all builds of Android 5.0 for the Nexus 5 so far, and the latest of those builds is LRX21O. This ZIP does contain the latest and greatest that we have officially available at the moment. I'll do my best to keep it updated should that ever change.

Thanks for this info. When I installed the bigxie stock Lollipop flashable ROM, the OP included a link to the updated radio. But the bootloader was not updated to the latest.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sybox-t2557523

So if the latest bootloader is available as a separate flashable zip that would be best. However I've yet to find a link for such.
2nd December 2014, 06:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDionysus

So if the latest bootloader is available as a separate flashable zip that would be best. However I've yet to find a link for such.

Well like i said a couple posts above there's no harm in flashing the same version radio on top of itself, so even if all you want is to update the bootloader (and as long as ths radio in the ZIP is the same version you want to keep), this will work just fine.
2nd December 2014, 09:51 AM |#11  
Flag Menahemya
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Maybe a stupid question but I prefer to be on the safe side.... If I flash this file on my device (Nexus 5 of course) actually rooted with custom KK rom and TWRP. Will this wipe the data in the SD card (flashing a new bootloader) or is it safe ?
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.0, bootloader, flashable, lollipop, radio

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)