What is this?
I see several people saying they don't root for not to flash a custom recovery. So, you can do root without flash a custom recovery.
Tested on Nexus 5 sotck 5.1.1;
- Unlocked bootloader;
- Adb and Fastboot and Nexus 5 Drivers installed on PC;
- Usb debugging enable on your phone;
- Download latest TWRP for hammerhead
- Download latest SuperSu
- Copy SuperSu from your SDcard;
- Open CMD or Terminal into the folder where you placed the Custom recovery and reboot on bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery_file_downloaded.img
- Now just flash the SuperSU (which you copied to your sdcard before)
- Reboot system