Download the Toolkit here.
For Step 1 - 1.2 you need to boot into Fastboot Mode.
For Step 2 & 3 you need to boot into your recovery and adb sideload.
For Step 4 you need to enable USB DEBUGGING.
this is how to root Android M Developer Preview on the Nexus 5.
1. You must flash TWRP or CWM Recovery via Fastboot or the Nexus Root Toolkit.
2. Download the latest SuperSU Beta from here
3. Download the latest Kernel Patch from here
4. Put the files on your internal storage
5. Boot into your recovery then press "install zip from sd card"
6. As first flash SuperSU and then the Kernel Patch.
7. Boot up your phone normally then install BusyBox.
1- no you shouldn't use a toolkit. If you need a toolkit you shouldn't be flashing a developer preview
2- there isn't just despair kernel. There is also code blue and hellscore which all offer different features
3- flashing the kernel first is probably the better way around
Not being rude. But just giving you some info you are possibly unaware of
Sent from my Android M Nexus 5 yo!
|android, developver, nexus5, root|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|