FORUMS

MIUI

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By senfoo, Member on 6th January 2014, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
anyone seen this: http://gsminsider.com/2013/11/miui-a...february-2014/
i know there is much hate on miui. i've used it in the past on other phones and it was not a bad experience.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to senfoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift senfoo Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 12:24 AM |#2  
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,535

Donate to Me
More
Nice, looking forward to try out miui once it becomes available.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 01:08 AM |#3  
Flag Almere, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 417

Donate to Me
More
I like MIUI and can't wait to try on my nexus5!

REKOGNÍZED KONYHABÚTOR
7th January 2014, 07:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
I'd like to see this working, but the last phone I owned that had a fully functional, non-buggy MIUI rom was the Samsung Fascinate back in 2011. Every other phone I've owned since then (roughly 6-7 devices) have had buggy, incomplete and/or barely usable MIUI roms. As much as I hate to say it, I feel like MIUI's time has come and gone.
7th January 2014, 02:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7

I'd like to see this working, but the last phone I owned that had a fully functional, non-buggy MIUI rom was the Samsung Fascinate back in 2011. Every other phone I've owned since then (roughly 6-7 devices) have had buggy, incomplete and/or barely usable MIUI roms. As much as I hate to say it, I feel like MIUI's time has come and gone.

Hmm I never really ran into crazy bugs. The biggest issue is lack of device support, it can be a major pain the ass to get them to work on new devices.

It took forever for them to release for the nexus 4 but when they did it was pretty solid.

I hope they do release a build just so i can give it a shot, probably not a daily driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothcrm7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smoothcrm7 Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 03:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have some bad news.

I'm a Chinese and I have talked with one of MIUI's employers this morning.

MIUI will officially support Nexus7(2013) running 4.4.X in the future but it will take a few months before official release. (I guess it's because of their MiPad)

Nexus 5 is not on the support list right now. (Sun Peng is always bluffing on Weibo) (And Nexus4's MIUI is supported by developers rather than MIUI)

MIUI will not release 4.4.x patchrom in the near future because only few devices running KitKat now.

So, I don't think there will be a MIUI patchrom for 4.4.X before Feb.
7th January 2014, 04:18 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyk35358

I have some bad news.

I'm a Chinese and I have talked with one of MIUI's employers this morning.

MIUI will officially support Nexus7(2013) running 4.4.X in the future but it will take a few months before official release. (I guess it's because of their MiPad)

Nexus 5 is not on the support list right now. (Sun Peng is always bluffing on Weibo) (And Nexus4's MIUI is supported by developers rather than MIUI)

MIUI will not release 4.4.x patchrom in the near future because only few devices running KitKat now.

So, I don't think there will be a MIUI patchrom for 4.4.X before Feb.

MIUI is the most useful ROM for Chinese guy, I can't wait trying it.
7th January 2014, 07:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,894

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7

Yep, same here. I think the last bug free version of MIUI I ever experienced was the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V, lol!

Then again, this is the first Nexus device I've owned after owning the S2 and S4, and I must say that this device is so much easier to mod than any other device, so we'll see.
7th January 2014, 07:40 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Yep, same here. I think the last bug free version of MIUI I ever experienced was the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V, lol!

Then again, this is the first Nexus device I've owned after owning the S2 and S4, and I must say that this device is so much easier to mod than any other device, so we'll see.

True. Honestly though, even a perfect MIUI rom isn't going to have a place on my phone. It was great back in the Gingerbread days since stock Android wasn't really "there" yet, but I don't see what kind of advantage it could really offer over stock KitKat. In particular, I see the lack of an app drawer as a major hindrance at this point. My homescreen setup has gotten more and more efficient over the years (I'm down to 2 home screens + GNow). The last thing I want now is to have all of my apps puked out on a zillion homescreens and then try to organize it all. I realize I can use another launcher, but to me that kind of defeats the purpose of flashing MIUI in the first place.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxpower7 Ad-Free
FabioMedia2014
11th January 2014, 08:34 PM |#10  

More
Lets wait for it Tried miui v5 in htc desire S and it works great
And updates weekly is awesome.
7th February 2014, 12:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
had miui on htc desire, htc sensation, s2, didnt have official on nexus4....i cant imagine how good it will work on nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)