FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MRA58k CameraLib Mod

3,772 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,007
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Attached below is a zip containing two folders AFG and BFG each contains a modded libmmcamera_imx179.so each modified to increase maximum exposure time to 64secs test each see which one increases max expo time
Attached Files
File Type: zip 64secExpoTime-_mra58k.zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.8 KB, 182 views)
 
 
16th July 2016, 12:07 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Some instructions and results would be awesome.
Kindly explain the mod in detail and how to use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tagtag123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tagtag123 Ad-Free
16th July 2016, 08:58 PM |#3  
defcomg's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,007
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagtag123

Some instructions and results would be awesome.
Kindly explain the mod in detail and how to use it.

Copy the lib to /system/vendor/lib/ set rw-r-r permission

Open some camera 2 app check if max exposure time is now 64sec

As I said there are two libs see which one works I do not have a nexus 5 so I did not test it
16th July 2016, 10:00 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
None work.
I copied and set the permissions rw-r-r
Tried L camera and camera fv5, max exposure is still 0.8s.
Would be super cool, if you could make it work.
17th July 2016, 12:10 AM |#5  
defcomg's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,007
 
Donate to Me
More
Hmmm need to find the line count value.

The Maximum Exposure Times is Calculated (Frame Length * 1000000000 / pixel Clock) * Maximum Line Count .

The Maximum Line Count value is what they limit when searching for this value its supposed to be after the maximum analog iso value . I tested this on the nexus 6p LG G4 and one plus 2.

So in Nexus 5 Case it's 3440 x 1000000000 / 260000000 resulting in 13230.76923076923 this number is rounded up to 13231 giving the minimum exposure time

Given we know the Max Exposure time is 866975130 we div it with 13231 it gives us 65526.04716196811 so round down the value to just 65526 so the value range we looking for is between 65525 and 65535 its a 32 bit int hex value .

The two libs I had modified where values just after max analog gain and before . Attached 200mhz zip with pixel clock clocked down from 260 MHz to 200mhz to make sure there are no decimals to see what value.

You can run dumpsys media.camera > /sdcard/dump.text after typing su command in terminal to see if max exposure changed as well as min
Attached Files
File Type: zip 200mhz.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.8 KB, 12 views)
17th July 2016, 02:08 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg

Copy the lib to /system/vendor/lib/ set rw-r-r permission

Open some camera 2 app check if max exposure time is now 64sec

As I said there are two libs see which one works I do not have a nexus 5 so I did not test it

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg

Hmmm need to find the line count value.

The Maximum Exposure Times is Calculated (Frame Length * 1000000000 / pixel Clock) * Maximum Line Count .

The Maximum Line Count value is what they limit when searching for this value its supposed to be after the maximum analog iso value . I tested this on the nexus 6p LG G4 and one plus 2.

So in Nexus 5 Case it's 3440 x 1000000000 / 260000000 resulting in 13230.76923076923 this number is rounded up to 13231 giving the minimum exposure time

Given we know the Max Exposure time is 866975130 we div it with 13231 it gives us 65526.04716196811 so round down the value to just 65526 so the value range we looking for is between 65525 and 65535 its a 32 bit int hex value .

The two libs I had modified where values just after max analog gain and before . Attached 200mhz zip with pixel clock clocked down from 260 MHz to 200mhz to make sure there are no decimals to see what value.

You can run dumpsys media.camera > /sdcard/dump.text after typing su command in terminal to see if max exposure changed as well as min

None of the camera apps work with the 200mhz lib.
17th July 2016, 02:38 AM |#7  
defcomg's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,007
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagtag123

None of the camera apps work with the 200mhz lib.

Try this one
Attached Files
File Type: zip 200mhz test2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.8 KB, 22 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to defcomg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift defcomg Ad-Free
17th July 2016, 06:36 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg

Try this one

Doesn't work, I get a green line on the bottom of the viewfinder. The viewfinder preview moves from left to right in the form of two images. Images clicked are bands of what seems to be corrupted data.
The exposure is still 0.8s in l camera and camera fv5
17th July 2016, 11:37 AM |#9  
defcomg's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,007
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagtag123

Doesn't work, I get a green line on the bottom of the viewfinder. The viewfinder preview moves from left to right in the form of two images. Images clicked are bands of what seems to be corrupted data.
The exposure is still 0.8s in l camera and camera fv5

Screenshot also make a dumpsys it could be that the 0.8s is hardcoded in the apps
17th July 2016, 06:11 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg

Screenshot also make a dumpsys it could be that the 0.8s is hardcoded in the apps

Clicked Pic:
https://goo.gl/photos/Zxuio384yRr2sV5HA

Screen record:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGfkE85WU2A

Lcamera source:
https://github.com/PkmX/lcamera

Dumpsys:
https://gist.github.com/utkarshns/9b...41d4a6f900c5af


Open to any testing, or even a live hangouts testing session.
17th July 2016, 09:06 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Waiting for good news,. i think 4sec is good enough,...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes