FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 5 on AIO wireless thread

390 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By 1stx2, Senior Member on 5th January 2014, 07:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Figured I'd start a thread for us aio wireless users to discuss the likes/dislikes. Is anybody else on aio?

Overall I'm satisfied with the service, just wish I got LTE at my house. The capped data speeds are more than acceptable, does all I need it to do.

AIO wireless website

Sent from my AMAZING nexus 5 that dicecuber/trolls like to hate on.

5th January 2014, 07:08 AM |#2  
Flag Brunswick, GA
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stx2

Figured I'd start a thread for us aio wireless users to discuss the likes/dislikes. Is anybody else on aio?

Overall I'm satisfied with the service, just wish I got LTE at my house. The capped data speeds are more than acceptable, does all I need it to do.

I am generally happy with the service. You are capped fairly low on the LTE speed, but I have not had any trouble streaming 1080p video or anything else for that matter. So it's fine for me. The one thing that I hate is that when you have used your allotted data, you HAVE to buy more. They don't just turn off LTE, they throttle your 3g so hard you can't even check your email without timing out. Also, on the website(or in the app) I have yet to see any way to accurately track my data use so far this month. They show it as a purple bar which is impossible to get an accurate reading on, These may be relatively minor things, but they are annoying. Otherwise I'd rate them as excellent. But next month I am switching to T-Moblie for a month to try them out. Unlimited data WITH Unlimited LTE for $70 a month with no taxes. I'm paying that now AIO for 7 gigs(which i can easily use). If their coverage is good, I'll be staying put.
5th January 2014, 07:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara

I am generally happy with the service. You are capped fairly low on the LTE speed, but I have not had any trouble streaming 1080p video or anything else for that matter. So it's fine for me. The one thing that I hate is that when you have used your allotted data, you HAVE to buy more. They don't just turn off LTE, they throttle your 3g so hard you can't even check your email without timing out. Also, on the website(or in the app) I have yet to see any way to accurately track my data use so far this month. They show it as a purple bar which is impossible to get an accurate reading on, These may be relatively minor things, but they are annoying. Otherwise I'd rate them as excellent. But next month I am switching to T-Moblie for a month to try them out. Unlimited data WITH Unlimited LTE for $70 a month with no taxes. I'm paying that now AIO for 7 gigs(which i can easily use). If their coverage is good, I'll be staying put.

Yea the capped data doesn't bother me. I haven't hit the data cap yet and hope I don't. I wish I could go with tmobile , but they have absolutely NO,NONE, NODDA service where I live

5th January 2014, 07:17 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:

Yea the capped data doesn't bother me. I haven't hit the data cap yet and hope I don't. I wish I could go with tmobile , but they have absolutely NO,NONE, NODDA service where I live

Let me know on the capped speeds when you reach them
i want to see whats speed while capped
5th January 2014, 07:24 AM |#5  
Flag Brunswick, GA
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Let me know on the capped speeds when you reach them
i want to see whats speed while capped

That cap we are speaking of is permanent. It's always there. You are always capped at 8 MegaBITS per seconds(not to be confused with real MBs). I think that is somewhere around 1mb per second. I generally get right at 8mbits per second download. Now once you run out of data, it's unusable if that's what you are asking.
5th January 2014, 07:34 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara

That cap we are speaking of is permanent. It's always there. You are always capped at 8 MegaBITS per seconds(not to be confused with real MBs). I think that is somewhere around 1mb per second. I generally get right at 8mbits per second download. Now once you run out of data, it's unusable if that's what you are asking.

Oh, i think ill stick with T-Mobile then.
5th January 2014, 07:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
This is my speed at my house. It does everything I need it to do.
It maxes out the caps at my work just wish it was better at my house.

5th January 2014, 07:53 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

This is my speed at my house. It does everything I need it to do.
It maxes out the caps at my work just wish it was better at my house.

You have like no bars there are you like in a dead zone?
5th January 2014, 07:55 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

You have like no bars there are you like in a dead zone?

Pretty much lol I wish I could get Verizon's service on this phone. I get full LTE on my vzw note 2.

5th January 2014, 04:47 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 879

Donate to Me
More
Live in the Denver area and AIO works awesome for me. On LTE 95%+ of time. I'll take "capped" data over unreliable service, any day. Sure Tmo is much faster, but if you live / work / travel in that one particular area where Tmo service goes down and you need it, it doesn't matter how much faster it COULD be. Actually I was sad I had to leave Tmo because I love what they have been doing with upgrading their service, pricing points, etc, but at my shop where I have to tether to provide internet for my business, it just couldn't do the job. Now that I have switched, it's been awesome. A solid LTE connection, even capped is plenty fast enough to do pretty much anything. I pretty much never get buffering from any streaming service (Pandora, Netflix, Youtube (well, it IS Youtube, so sometimes, but that happens even on great wifi if the site is bogged down) and honestly, if you aren't setting around playing with Speedtest.net then it's something that 90% of people would never even notice that it's "slower". Web pages and emails and the like only open SO fast anyway. But what service works best for you matters so much on where you are and what you need to do with it. If I didn't have issues where I work, would never have thought about switching, but now that I did, I've no reason to switch back.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift es0tericcha0s Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 05:17 PM |#11  
Flag Vine Grove, KY
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:

AIO wireless website

Love the icon, Geaux Tigers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silberj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silberj Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)