FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 5 Australian thread

645 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By ballmead, Senior Member on 15th November 2013, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been searching for an Aussie Nexus 5 thread and couldn't see one so I thought I'd kick it off.

I missed out on the 1st run of black 32Gb devices so ordered mine when the 2nd batch came out on 3rd November.

I have to wait until 6th December to get it, so I'm hanging.

I notice the black 32Gb have sold out again today, these things are like hotcakes.

Any of you Aussies got yours yet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballmead For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ballmead Ad-Free

15th November 2013, 08:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Ordered mine on release day, had it for a week now. Couldn't be happier, but remember this IS half price over other top end phones.

I mean, it's simply brilliant but it does have it faults. Having said that though, I'd go through it all and buy another one if I had to.
15th November 2013, 08:03 AM |#3  
Recognized Themer
Flag The Underground
Thanks Meter: 1,900

Donate to Me
More
Im in the exact same situation as OP. I bought black 32gb on november 6 and it says its gonna ship on december 6. Do u know why its taking so long?

Sent from my SXP [R800i]
15th November 2013, 08:41 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberScopes

Im in the exact same situation as OP. I bought black 32gb on november 6 and it says its gonna ship on december 6. Do u know why its taking so long?

Sent from my SXP [R800i]

Because... GOOGLE! HURRAH!

Seriously though, at least this release isn't as bad as the Nexus 4 release. But still, a month is far too long.
15th November 2013, 09:29 AM |#5  
Recognized Themer
Flag The Underground

Donate to Me
More
I know, i expected 1-2 weeks not a month.

Sent from my SXP [R800i]
15th November 2013, 09:34 AM |#6  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchTheLion

Ordered mine on release day, had it for a week now. Couldn't be happier, but remember this IS half price over other top end phones.

I mean, it's simply brilliant but it does have it faults. Having said that though, I'd go through it all and buy another one if I had to.

Same here ..ordered on 6th after I sold my 16gb one...that I got on 5th. Says would be shipped on dec 6th .

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to heavyarms1912 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heavyarms1912 Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 09:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I was having trouble sleeping the night that it was released. So I got up at like 5:30am... and was just wasting time on the net and thought I'd check out the Google Play store and the Nexus 5 was there. Woke my missus up for permission (so didn't enjoy that) and was lucky enough to get it the following Tuesday.

It is going great so far. I have noticed that people whinge about anything and everything they can find. You might want to lower the DPI though because it looks like an old person's phone with massive icons that you can read from 10metres away.
15th November 2013, 09:48 AM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Flag The Underground

Donate to Me
More
But wouldnt lowering dpi make some apps incompatible in play store?

Sent from my SXP [R800i]
15th November 2013, 09:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Hey guys, good to see a few Aussies on xda. I purchased my n5 black 32gb from the play store the morning it launched. And received it the Wednesday after.

I'm really happy with it. Coming from an n4 the screen is bigger and better. Despite the bad reviews battery life is definitely better than the n4.
It feels lighter and really nice in the hand

Currently running cataclysm rom with Franco kernel and loving it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda's buggy app
15th November 2013, 11:55 AM |#10  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 60

More
This thing rules. Same as the guy above, ordered the morning of, about 8.30am when I got to work and it turned up the Wednesday after. Black 16GB because I wasn't going to wait for the 32GB which was already 2-3 weeks delay by 8.30am.

Will have to try the DPI trick but actually happy with the stock ROM at this stage. This has to be longest I've left any of my android phones at stock [well i did root and TWRP but that doesn't count, right?]
15th November 2013, 12:15 PM |#11  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 709

More
Bought my 32GB Black the morning it was announced, delivered a few days after. Unfortunately it's going for RMA due to random sleep if death and a faulty vibrator. RMA was easy though, requested last night and it's already been shipped, should arrive Monday.

Nice phone, but then so is my Nexus 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)