Trying to convert my old Nexus to an always on dashboard and thinking about a custom rom. The official one doesn't seem to allow always-on display. Any recommendations?
Thinking about undervolting it as well.
The ideal outcome is having:
- -Weather (rain / no rain, temperature chart during the day?)
- -upcoming birthdays today/tomorrow (e.g. via calendar)
- -agenda for today
- -top read news form 2-3 news sources / rss feeds
- -air quality index
- -departures from my bus/train stations and selected buses/train platforms
- possibly a smart home control panel in the future
- google now for voice commands
What I think is the best approach so far:
- custom rom (maybe)
- custom launcher (Nova)
- black background
- adaptive brightens or scheduling
- have the above as widgets on one home screen
I was thinking building a web site on my local network for this but pre-built would save me a lot of time, so even paid ones are good.
Cheers in advance!