FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

my nexus 5 motherboard had Fungus

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By hollowback, Member on 22nd March 2014, 10:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello,

so last night i just noticed that something was wrong with my jack
left side was louder than the right
i tried alot of things
and finally went to LG service
and they opened my phone up
and saw there was small fungus on the motherboard
even though i bought my phone on 10th dec 2013
and used a cover all along "THE ARMOR CASE!"
it still managed to happen i wonder why
i did get my board replaced though
it was giving me camera crashing and heating problems as well

but this makes me wonder how can fungus pop up on my motherboard so fast.
 
 
22nd March 2014, 11:07 AM |#2  
vin4yak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,509
 
More
Moisture attracts fungi... Make sure you keep the phone away from water and let it not get damped...
22nd March 2014, 11:21 AM |#3  
OuncE718's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 349
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowback

hello,

so last night i just noticed that something was wrong with my jack
left side was louder than the right
i tried alot of things
and finally went to LG service
and they opened my phone up
and saw there was small fungus on the motherboard
even though i bought my phone on 10th dec 2013
and used a cover all along "THE ARMOR CASE!"
it still managed to happen i wonder why
i did get my board replaced though
it was giving me camera crashing and heating problems as well

but this makes me wonder how can fungus pop up on my motherboard so fast.

If you shower with your phone next to you it can be possible that the steam from a hot shower can cause fungus to grow.

Also I noticed that you said the left side is louder than the right. I'm assuming that you're talking about the speaker? The speaker is only located on the left side and the right side is for the mic.

sent from my neXus 5
22nd March 2014, 01:56 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
At least you have a nice mushroom grower in your pocket now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 03:25 PM |#5  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Southport
Thanks Meter: 193
 
More
I've a nice crop of liberty caps growing on mine! :P

Sent by mobile telephone.
The Following User Says Thank You to howard bamber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift howard bamber Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 04:34 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
hmm
funny thing is i never kept it in the shower or near water or something
i really took care of it
i dont recall how water could go inside
i am planning to buy some other cover for my phones extra protection i am already using a

http://www.amazon.in/Cruzerlite-Hybr...ginhydr8850-21

im very surprised this could happen since i been taking real good care of it and never took it to the wash room
22nd March 2014, 06:07 PM |#7  
stebomurkn420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 284
 
More
Going from a very cold temperature to a very warm temperature cold produce condensation within the phone in which could turn into mold or "fungus"... Just my 2ยข

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
22nd March 2014, 06:20 PM |#8  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,272
 
More
Sounds like high humidity...put some foot powder on it!
23rd March 2014, 12:05 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
im already using a LG Nexus 5 Cruzerlite Hybrid 2 Layer Rugged KickStand Armour Case

im planning to change my case to some rugged case which wont let such a thing happen
and still be strong
can anyone suggest one of the best protective cases !
23rd March 2014, 12:07 AM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

If you shower with your phone next to you it can be possible that the steam from a hot shower can cause fungus to grow.

Also I noticed that you said the left side is louder than the right. I'm assuming that you're talking about the speaker? The speaker is only located on the left side and the right side is for the mic.

sent from my neXus 5


i meant the audio jack
its when i put my headset/earphones on
23rd March 2014, 12:10 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

If you shower with your phone next to you it can be possible that the steam from a hot shower can cause fungus to grow.

Also I noticed that you said the left side is louder than the right. I'm assuming that you're talking about the speaker? The speaker is only located on the left side and the right side is for the mic.

sent from my neXus 5


no that happens when i put the jack into the audio jack port only


Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys

Sounds like high humidity...put some foot powder on it!

lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes