FirstEver Android 8.1 for Nexus 5 (10-01-2018)
This is my new project dedicated to all Nexus 5 users!
It is based on unofficial Unlegacy Android Project 8.1 Beta.
I’m not a great programmer, but I know how to achieve my goals.
The goal is to reproduce the Google Pixel 2 system.
This ROM contains some useful tools that can be easily uninstalled.
Before we start:
Please ignore all posts from #1 to #93 because they concern an earlier unfinished Android 8.0 Project.
From now on, the first post is #94. If the moderator can clear this thread, I would be very grateful.
What does UBR stand for?
The letters UBR stand for Update By Recovery.
This is a very non conventional way of flashing - a bit crazy/extreme like me
This backup does not contain the EFS partition which holds your personal IMEI number,
that's why you can use it on any Nexus 5 phone!
Why you should install this ROM?
+ Really easy flash by swiping only one button in TWRP!What's under the hood?
+ Quick Installation (it usually takes 3 minutes)
+ It works instantly after reboot
+ If the phone is not damaged it will always work
+ It looks like Google Pixel 2 from the box (in 99%)
+ It has extra functions that can be uninstalled (Magisk etc)
– It has a 4 times larger installation file than standard flashable ROM
– Other applications from your Google account will need to be installed manually
- Super Smooth Android 8.1 based on AOSP
- Flash Friendly File System (F2FS)
- Google Apps 8.1 Installed
- Magisk 15.2 Installed
- SafetyNet Check Passed
- WakeBlock Installed
- Google Lens
- Google Adaptive Icons
- Unlimited Google Drive storage (before 16 Jan 2021)*
- True Stereo Sound (Left/Right channel)
- Google Pixel 2 Live Wallpapers**
- Rounded Screen Corner
- Boot time only 20 sec (Power Button to Home Screen)
* Free for Pixel devices - Google can block it in the future.
** Some live wallpapers from Pixel 2 won't work.
The size of the project is 1.31GB - why it is so BIG?
This contains: ROM (298 MB) + OpenGApps Nano (141 MB) + Other Modules/Mods+ Other Google apps.
After installation you can remove all unwanted apps including Magisk (Unroot).
Please DO NOT uninstall Google Gboard App, unless you have other keyboard app installed !!!
In case you need only ROM (298 MB), please visit this thread Unlegacy Android Project 8.1 Beta.
Here's a list of pre-installed apps:
- Open GApps Nano 20180109
- Android Messages 2.8.040
- Android Pay 1.36.177845727
- Chrome Browser 63.0.3239.111
- Find My Device 2.1.005
- Gboard 18.104.22.168714143
- Gmail 22.214.171.124216423
- Google Allo 25.0.023_RC04
- Google App 126.96.36.199
- Google Calculator 7.4.1-4452929
- Google Calendar 5.8.9-179025103
- Google Camera 188.8.131.52.170395186
- Google Clock 5.2-4471843
- Google Contacts 184.108.40.206663410
- Google Docs 1.7.502.01
- Google Drive 2.7.462.09.30
- Google Duo 25.0.179835608.DR25.0_RC16
- Google File Go 1.0.178175053
- Google Fit 1.76.03-130
- Google Keep 4.0.501.04.30
- Google Maps 9.69.1
- Google Phone 15.0.179075669
- Google Photos 220.127.116.11912478
- Google Play Games 5.4.39
- Google Play Music 8.6.6626-1.Z
- Google Play Store 8.6.22
- Google Wallpapers 1.3.169416333
- Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4429924
- Pixel Wallpapers 2017 8.1.0-27
- YouTube 12.49.55
- AdAway Build 3.2-60
- BusyBox 1.27.2
- Files App 8.1.0
- Magisk Manager 5.5.3
- Pixel+Theme 8.0
- QR Barcode Scanner 1.1.0/L
- Rounded Corner v1.18
- Stock+Theme 8/0
- Trimmer (fstrim) 1.34
- WakeBlock 0.2.0
- WallpapersUsTwo 7.0+
- Almost everything.
- If you encrypt phone, you may not be able to unlock it!
- Trusted face (inside Smart Lock)
- Fast (Quick) Charging
- Add Pixel Navbar
- WakeBlock (wait for the new version)
- All you need is Google Nexus 5 16/32GB smartphone with TWRP 3.2.1-1 (Team Win Recovery Project) installed.
Now I have to finish this project: DO NOT CLICK HERE!