[ROM] Unofficial "CM12" 5.0 ROM by @myfluxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
An AOSP ROM with some CM stuff added was posted by @myfluxi in the CM11 thread, and some of the users there requested that it be moved out to a separate thread, so I've created this one until @myfluxi decides to create one himself. I'm very impressed with the ROM/Gapps/kernel/SuperSU combination below but try it yourself and see what you think. :good:

If you are interested in building CM12 yourself @fattire has some instructions in this post.

What you need:

1. ROM
2. Gapps
3. SuperSU
4. Permissive boot.img (also attached to this post)

How to flash:

1. NANDroid backup current ROM
2. TWRP "factory reset"
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps
5. Flash permissive boot.img
6. Flash SuperSU
7. Reboot and profit

Fixes and Workarounds:

1. Workaround: Gesture typing (swype) with AOSP keyboard causes FC.
2. Workaround: Calendar sync not working for non-Google calendars.

Known Issues:

1. Battery drain in miscellaneous category pending fix from Google.
2. Rotation and accelerator not working.
3. Adaptive brightness not working.

Credits:

@myfluxi for the ROM
@drewwalton19216801 for the Gapps
@Chainfire for SuperSU
@sykopompos for the permissive boot.img
@fattire for the CM12 build instructions

Source:

1. Uses Google's stock AOSP 5.0 kernel

ramjet73

Attachments

• 5.0-AOSP-permissive-boot.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 754
Last edited:

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
An AOSP ROM with some CM stuff added was posted by @myfluxi in the CM11 thread, and some of the users there requested that it be moved out to a separate thread, so I've created this one until @myfluxi decides to create one himself. I'm very impressed with the ROM/Gapps/kernel/SuperSU combination below but try it yourself and see what you think. :good:

What you need:

1. ROM
2. Gapps
3. SuperSU
4. Permissive boot.img

How to flash:

2. TWRP "factory reset"
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps
6. Flash SuperSU
7. Reboot and profit

Credits:

@myfluxi for the ROM
@Chainfire for SuperSU

ramjet73

What had happened?

Sent from my LG-D851

Circaflex

Dec 12, 2008
Tustin
so far so good running this build with gapps from OP; only issue I am having and also had on the preview was calendar sync, not all calendars will show up for me.

ALSO you don't need to flash that permissive kernel for root, fluxis stock kernel works with root out of the box no need to do that

Last edited:

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Have you had that bug so far?
Not the way I use my phone.

Battery life is very different depending on apps and kernel installed, signal strength for WiFi and cellular radios, screen on time and brightness, and other factors that vary from user to user.

I don't even try to help users with battery life. They need to read the threads and try the suggestions that make sense for them.

ramjet73

Circaflex

Dec 12, 2008
Tustin
Not the way I use my phone.

Battery life is very different depending on apps and kernel installed, signal strength for WiFi and cellular radios, screen on time and brightness, and other factors that vary from user to user.

I don't even try to help users with battery life. They need to read the threads and try the suggestions that make sense for them.

ramjet73

Can you please update OP you do not need to do the 4th step listed, that permissive kernel is not needed, root works out of the box if you flash supersu with fluxis kernel; there is no reason to flash that with fluxi's build.

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Can you please update OP you do not need to do the 4th step listed, that permissive kernel is not needed, root works out of the box if you flash supersu with fluxis kernel; there is no reason to flash that with fluxi's build.

Also would be great if you could put some of the "how to build" stuff I posted in the other thread. It's not generally put on cm threads in the OP, but since htis is so deep in early development it might be nice to mention.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
ALSO you don't need to flash that permissive kernel for root, fluxis stock kernel works with root out of the box no need to do that
I included that based on this post by @myfluxi:
For root access, use SuperSU and (only once) a kernel with permissive SELinux rules.
The boot.img I linked is fully permissive versus some "relaxed" versions that @Chainfire created. Since I'm not sure what version @myfluxi used in the ROM I'm going to leave that step for now.

You are welcome to use whatever works for you.

ramjet73

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Also would be great if you could put some of the "how to build" stuff I posted in the other thread. It's not generally put on cm threads in the OP, but since htis is so deep in early development it might be nice to mention.
Sure.

I'm assuming that you are referring to this post.

If that's correct I will include it as a reference in the OP of this thread.

ramjet73

mo976

Jun 17, 2008
Jerusalem Israel
so far so good running this build with gapps from OP; only issue I am having and also had on the preview was calendar sync, not all calendars will show up for me.

I posted about that in the CM11 thread before this thread was opened. Use sunrise calendar and it syncs up.

Reactions: Circaflex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you are interested in building CM12 yourself @fattire has some instructions in this post.

What you need:

1. ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. SuperSU
    4. Permissive boot.img (also attached to this post)

How to flash:

2. TWRP "factory reset"
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash Gapps
    6. Flash SuperSU
    7. Reboot and profit

Fixes and Workarounds:

1. Workaround: Gesture typing (swype) with AOSP keyboard causes FC.
    2. Workaround: Calendar sync not working for non-Google calendars.

Known Issues:

1. Battery drain in miscellaneous category pending fix from Google.
    2. Rotation and accelerator not working.
    3. Adaptive brightness not working.

Credits:

@myfluxi for the ROM
    @Chainfire for SuperSU
    @fattire for the CM12 build instructions

Source:

1. Uses Google's stock AOSP 5.0 kernel

ramjet73
    kernel

Sensors are broken again (they worked, then broke and will work from the next build on - push the old ruleset file to /system/etc/sec_config if you depend on it now)
    SELinux hates Gapps, give Google some time to adapt (and us as well)
    Reflash Gapps with each update
    adb reboot recovery and adb reboot bootloader are funny
    adb/root is completely unfinished
    Freqs are getting stuck
    Flashing takes forever
    And much more
    Hey ramjet!!..
    For which device is it built for??
    Can I use it in Nokia XL???
    PLz reply
    Fingers crossed :D
    Go for it! :good:

That would be a sizeable upgrade for a Windows Phone and I'm sure you would enjoy it much more than that Metro rubbish.

Have fun!

ramjet73
    Can we stick to the topic please? I'm trying to extract some useful info from the topic and you're clogging it with mambo-jambo policies talk.
    He has to put the required info on the OT (got it!) can we move along now?

Any thread I get mentioned into normally tends to degrade into off topic talk. I have yet to figure out why :screwy:

Sent from my LG-D851
    Check the muppets just to make sure your device prop files are correct. I see there are a couple of changes for lollipop.

https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge/tree/cm-12.0/hammerhead

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

BTW I usually just pull from there because sometime those scripts don't pull/or can't pull all the correct files.

I added in theMuppets stuff, hope it works repo started without problems and synced up, starting build now so I will know in a few hours if my wife doesn't kill me first... built fine file size is some 30mb larger then the first one that wouldnt boot, anyhow it flashed ok, then sat on the google logo a bit too long for comfort but it booted and seems to work thanks so much for the help and patience.