FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459
 
By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2013, 05:12 PM |#91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

I don't really get what you did, but I'm glad you sorted it out

Normally i ran "flash all" as an administrator, (i also tried this when i moved everything out to an other partition, it still didnt work, but then i tried it by just double clicking on it and it just started to do its thing, i did not do anything else, it just finished the process and went straight to the installation proces of android so choosing language, giving your email adress etc)

I am done for today, but could i still try to get root on this device, just follow your tutorial right (bootloader is unlocked, and i checked that cmw is nott on it, so just the normal official recovery mode), this time i wont use any of the toolkits

Btw, how can i donate something to you? you might have realised it, but i'm quite new to these things

Thank you very much
 
 
8th November 2013, 05:23 PM |#92  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,459
 
More
[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko91

Normally i ran "flash all" as an administrator, (i also tried this when i moved everything out to an other partition, it still didnt work, but then i tried it by just double clicking on it and it just started to do its thing, i did not do anything else, it just finished the process and went straight to the installation proces of android so choosing language, giving your email adress etc)

I am done for today, but could i still try to get root on this device, just follow your tutorial right (bootloader is unlocked, and i checked that cmw is nott on it, so just the normal official recovery mode), this time i wont use any of the toolkits

Btw, how can i donate something to you? you might have realised it, but i'm quite new to these things

Thank you very much

Follow Chromium's tutorial for rooting. Just skip the unlocking boodloader part.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905

No need for donations. I'm just happy to help.

If you want to find out more about all these things, check out my other thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508292
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 05:23 PM |#93  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 4,183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko91

Normally i ran "flash all" as an administrator, (i also tried this when i moved everything out to an other partition, it still didnt work, but then i tried it by just double clicking on it and it just started to do its thing, i did not do anything else, it just finished the process and went straight to the installation proces of android so choosing language, giving your email adress etc)

I am done for today, but could i still try to get root on this device, just follow your tutorial right (bootloader is unlocked, and i checked that cmw is nott on it, so just the normal official recovery mode), this time i wont use any of the toolkits

Btw, how can i donate something to you? you might have realised it, but i'm quite new to these things

Thank you very much

CF Auto Root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507211 is a safe and easy way to root, this would have unlocked your bootloader too bro. Read the OP well before you do anything.
8th November 2013, 05:32 PM |#94  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Follow Chromium's tutorial for rooting. Just skip the unlocking boodloader part.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905

No need for donations. I'm just happy to help.

If you want to find out more about all these things, check out my other thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508292

Well i'm just trying to support you, though I really like your gesture, Thank you
8th November 2013, 06:50 PM |#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I can't seem to get it to work. I get error: cannot load bootloader.img in both methods.
What am I doing wrong? I follow all the steps exactly =/

EDIT: Nvm, I renamed the files to boot.img, so it was boot.img.img...
So stupid
8th November 2013, 07:04 PM |#96  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,459
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie100

I can't seem to get it to work. I get error: cannot load bootloader.img in both methods.
What am I doing wrong? I follow all the steps exactly =/

Don't run anything as admin, and make sure your path is correct.
8th November 2013, 07:07 PM |#97  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Don't run anything as admin, and make sure your path is correct.

Got it to work, I renamed the file wrong lols.
Thanks alot for the tutorial <3
8th November 2013, 08:57 PM |#98  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Using either method this ends up making my recovery show an android with a red exclamation mark.
8th November 2013, 09:00 PM |#99  
Chromium's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,572
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by previse

Using either method this ends up making my recovery show an android with a red exclamation mark.

That is supposed to happen. The red exclamation with the dead android is the splash screen to the stock recovery. Hold power + volume up to access the actual menu.
8th November 2013, 09:02 PM |#100  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

That is supposed to happen. The red exclamation with the dead android is the splash screen to the stock recovery. Hold power + volume up to access the actual menu.

EDIT: Doh! Got it
9th November 2013, 12:48 AM |#101  
ZenithHammerhead's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Hey all, so to start off, this really isn't my first post on xda. I'm pretty experienced with flashing and the sorts through the galaxy nexus days. But since then, I've never really needed any help, and didn't realize how long I was away. Therefore, I forgot my username/pass..so here I am. Gotta say, I love that "You're a noob" video from xda.

In any case, here's my question, more of a general one. Last night I tried flashing the Faux Kernel and got an error with TWRP 2.3.2.1. In the end, there was an error with the file system, and I wasn't able to see the file system from the device, or when connected to a PC. I ended up just running through a list of commands via cmd adb to revert to stock. Anyone know what the problem might have been? I got a /cache error.

If not, don't sweat it, I'm sure they'll get whatever kink it was worked out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes