FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2014, 06:43 PM |#1081  
Flag Bistrica pri tržiču
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi, today I made a mistake just before flashing new ROM. I pressed format data instead of format system. And now I don't have any OS installed. I am wondering if this method will work for me or should I do something else. Thanks

EDITED: Yes it worked. Thanks for the tutorial

19th May 2014, 07:53 PM |#1082  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremex93

This fixed my battery problems which even a factory reset didn't do before, thanks!

Just for a future reference: A Factory Reset only wipes your device's data. It doesn't actually reset anything. If you have a system problem, then it won't be solved by a Factory Reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombasMirko

Hi, today I made a mistake just before flashing new ROM. I pressed format data instead of format system. And now I don't have any OS installed. I am wondering if this method will work for me or should I do something else. Thanks

EDITED: Yes it worked. Thanks for the tutorial

Of course it worked
23rd May 2014, 09:25 PM |#1083  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello! I have a little problem; first I lost my baseband and camera etc. by flashing a custom kernel. Well I found this guide and got the thing done... kinda.
Quote:

★After everything finished, select "Recovery" using the volume buttons.

★When a small Android appears, press Power Button + Volume UP.

When I try to do this, the phone just boots up and is still running custom rom. From the power menu I can select "reboot to recovery" and it goes again to the screen with the small Android, I still can't access the recovery to do the wipe. So... what should I do?
Please help me as soon as possible, I only have two days to solve the problem, then I'm going back to the army for a week.
23rd May 2014, 10:22 PM |#1084  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimelsson

Hello! I have a little problem; first I lost my baseband and camera etc. by flashing a custom kernel. Well I found this guide and got the thing done... kinda.

When I try to do this, the phone just boots up and is still running custom rom. From the power menu I can select "reboot to recovery" and it goes again to the screen with the small Android, I still can't access the recovery to do the wipe. So... what should I do?
Please help me as soon as possible, I only have two days to solve the problem, then I'm going back to the army for a week.

It sounds like the flash back to stock didn't work. Did you flash the flash-all.bat? I'd flash it again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd May 2014, 11:03 PM |#1085  
Flag Helsinki

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

It sounds like the flash back to stock didn't work. Did you flash the flash-all.bat? I'd flash it again.

No I flashed them manually one-by-one. Do I have to move the flash-all from C:\......\Nexus\Stock\hammerhead-kot49h-factory-02006b99\hammerhead-kot49h to my c:\ drive where I have all those files the tutorial told me I need? Cos that's the only place where I have boot.img, recovery.img and userdata.img
23rd May 2014, 11:20 PM |#1086  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No I flashed them manually one-by-one. Do I have to move the flash-all from C:\......\Nexus\Stock\hammerhead-kot49h-factory-02006b99\hammerhead-kot49h to my c:\ drive where I have all those files the tutorial told me I need? Cos that's the only place where I have boot.img, recovery.img and userdata.img

No you don't need to move it. Just double click it wherever it is

24th May 2014, 08:13 PM |#1087  
Flag Helsinki

More
Quote:

No you don't need to move it. Just double click it wherever it is

Well the flash-all started fine, but it stops because it can't find boot.sig and recovery.sig. I found them neither, there are no such files even in the original factoryimage.zip. Looked also from Google developer site with no result... So, where are the files?
24th May 2014, 08:47 PM |#1088  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well the flash-all started fine, but it stops because it can't find boot.sig and recovery.sig. I found them neither, there are no such files even in the original factoryimage.zip. Looked also from Google developer site with no result... So, where are the files?

Don't worry about the sig not found. That's normal just let the flash continue.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 11:43 PM |#1089  
Flag Helsinki

More
Quote:

Don't worry about the sig not found. That's normal just let the flash continue.

I got it working with that method, thank you very much!
25th May 2014, 06:06 AM |#1090  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thank you for the great guide
25th May 2014, 12:11 PM |#1091  

More
nexus 5 factory image
hi
after 1 hour nothing happens!!!!! why???
and Unified Android ToolKit in step not working

screenshot
i.imgur.com/DiswCII.jpg
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)