FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2014, 11:03 PM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

All right, I'm not sure I'm following you but are you using fastboot from your pc? You want the factory image on your pc, not your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah right. but factory image is on my phone. can you upload only the cache.img if you have it. its a 441mb download otherwise man.

20th June 2014, 11:07 PM |#1202  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktopus

Yeah right. but factory image is on my phone. can you upload only the cache.img if you have it. its a 441mb download otherwise man.

Sorry, I'm on my phone and not near a pc. Ain't no reason to keep a factory image on my phone. It didn't do you any good there

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 11:13 PM |#1203  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Sorry, I'm on my phone and not near a pc. Ain't no reason to keep a factory image on my phone. It didn't do you any good there

got signal finally man!! and imei too. just erased cached again and everything works perfectly!
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!
20th June 2014, 11:20 PM |#1204  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktopus

got signal finally man!! and imei too. just erased cached again and everything works perfectly!
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your got it working

22nd June 2014, 07:55 AM |#1205  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Question Flashing factory images without wiping internal storage?
Hey guys

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I tried searching, couldn't find any)

Is there a way to flash factory images without wiping internal storage (emulated sd card) ?

I'm thinking of going back to complete stock and start afresh when the supposed Android "Lollipop" comes out.
I've never yet tried flashing a factory image till now (flashed ROM zips to upgrade Android Versions)

Thanks in advance
22nd June 2014, 08:05 AM |#1206  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak744

Hey guys

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I tried searching, couldn't find any)

Is there a way to flash factory images without wiping internal storage (emulated sd card) ?

I'm thinking of going back to complete stock and start afresh when the supposed Android "Lollipop" comes out.
I've never yet tried flashing a factory image till now (flashed ROM zips to upgrade Android Versions)

Thanks in advance

You can flash all the img files except the userdata.img file. That's the file which actually deletes everything on /sdcard.

If you're not sure how to flash them, follow the link in my signature which reads "How to flash a factory image". Just don't flash the userdata.img!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vin4yak Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 04:39 PM |#1207  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

The boot.sig, recovery.sig, system.sig not found is not an error.

Extract the zip file and flash system.img, recovery.img, boot.img, cache.img and userdata.img manually

I managed to get it all done using method 1 by switching to usb 2 port (was using usb 3 before) up until and including resetting the tamper flag. Only thing remaining as far as I am concerned is that when booting into recovery it still is twrp recovery rather than stock recovery. How would I change that? One other thing would be, after everything was flashed, the phone automatically rebooted into stock without giving me the chance to select recovery and wipe data/factory reset. I then proceeded to turn it off and boot into stock recovery and wiping data/factory reset however whenever i boot into recovery now twrp seems to still be the installed recovery by pressing volume down/powerbutton. Why and how do I change that?
23rd June 2014, 01:52 AM |#1208  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 157

More
ok followed this guide (did the step by step) and the only issue at the end was that I could not get into the recovery mode. I would get the small android on it's back but when I pressed the power plus up button it would just reboot. When it booted up I am only getting 16GB, I then followed the steps in the second post (not sure if I just reboot it at the end or not) and I still only have 16GB (ran through it three times so far being very careful to follow all the steps). Hope someone can guide me here since I'm not sure where to go next.
23rd June 2014, 01:59 AM |#1209  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnyan

ok followed this guide (did the step by step) and the only issue at the end was that I could not get into the recovery mode. I would get the small android on it's back but when I pressed the power plus up button it would just reboot. When it booted up I am only getting 16GB, I then followed the steps in the second post (not sure if I just reboot it at the end or not) and I still only have 16GB (ran through it three times so far being very careful to follow all the steps). Hope someone can guide me here since I'm not sure where to go next.

You have a 32gb model and it's showing 16gb?

flash the cache.img a couple of times or head over to the stock recovery and format cache a couple of times and then a factory reset(if formatting cache doesn't fix it) This should solve the issue.
23rd June 2014, 03:01 AM |#1210  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

You have a 32gb model and it's showing 16gb?

flash the cache.img a couple of times or head over to the stock recovery and format cache a couple of times and then a factory reset(if formatting cache doesn't fix it) This should solve the issue.

For some reason I could not fastboot flash cache.img it says "could not determine image filename for 'cache.img'. I did format the cache partition 5x and I still just get 11.76GB free after the flash to stock. Getting back to stock recovery is an issue since it just reboots when I get to the red small android (don't get the options to wipe).
23rd June 2014, 03:04 AM |#1211  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnyan

For some reason I could not fastboot flash cache.img it says "could not determine image filename for 'cache.img'. I did format the cache partition 5x and I still just get 11.76GB free after the flash to stock. Getting back to stock recovery is an issue since it just reboots when I get to the red small android (don't get the options to wipe).

When you get the small red android just hit the vol up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)