FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2013, 12:59 PM |#191  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie

I couldn't seem to get the factory reset to work from the factory recovery to initiate. Power + Vol Up simply does nothing. I tried power first, then volume key and vice-versa. So, I just went through the settings menu to it instead. Are you sure that this is the sequence of keys?

Yes, but it's not a sequence. You have to press them at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free

15th November 2013, 04:42 AM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooooooop

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I wanted to go back to stock until a more feature filled stable rom emerged and these instructions were perfect.

One thing I got hung up on was:
after running flash-all.bat the phone automatically reboots and you see the stock boot animation, however it never finishes loading. To get back into the bootloader you need to hold Vol Down and Power (about 10 seconds for reboot from boot animation). When I go to stock recovery I tried holding down Vol Up and Power and never saw the stock recovery options menu, to get in there you need to hold Power and PRESS Vol Up. This difference took me a bit to figure out. Hope this helps anyone else who was confused. Definitely need to do factory reset from stock recovery for it to boot fully, in my experience.

My god. Thank you for this. Holding power PLUS volume up at the same time won't do anything except reboot. Just quoting this so people who had trouble like I did can see.
15th November 2013, 04:57 AM |#193  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn00

My god. Thank you for this. Holding power PLUS volume up at the same time won't do anything except reboot. Just quoting this so people who had trouble like I did can see.

I'll make some modifications to the OP, to make it clearer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 11:48 AM |#194  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 4,202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

I'll make some modifications to the OP, to make it clearer.

LOL. sorry bro didn`t see that thread
15th November 2013, 01:39 PM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy boot loops cant mount SDcard plz help
HI abaaaabbbb63
i get bootloops and sdcard wont mount.
i posted this thread showing all i tried to do to flash stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528019

i got a replay to follow your guide, my Q is
when you say
★In the same folder, from the original archive, extract "bootloader-hammerhead-XXXXXX.img" (rename it to bootloader.img) and "radio-hammerhead-XXXXXX.img" (rename it to radio.img)

do i copy these files (after rename) to where i Extracted the files from image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip and override the existing files?

[QUOTE=abaaaabbbb63;47156064]
How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

Method 2. Long method (Same thing actually, but I'll mention it, just in case)

★Extract the image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip somewhere easy to access (On C:/image-hammerhead-krt16m for example). You will have the following files:

★In the same folder, from the original archive, extract "bootloader-hammerhead-XXXXXX.img" (rename it to bootloader.img) and "radio-hammerhead-XXXXXX.img" (rename it to radio.img)
15th November 2013, 02:08 PM |#196  
OP Senior Member

More
[QUOTE=eyalinc;47484511]HI abaaaabbbb63
i get bootloops and sdcard wont mount.
i posted this thread showing all i tried to do to flash stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528019

i got a replay to follow your guide, my Q is
when you say

do i copy these files (after rename) to where i Extracted the files from image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip and override the existing files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

Method 2. Long method (Same thing actually, but I'll mention it, just in case)

★Extract the image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip somewhere easy to access (On C:/image-hammerhead-krt16m for example). You will have the following files:

Well, they won't overwrite anything. You just add the bootloader.img and radio.img to the folder with the other images (system.img, userdata.img etc)
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 06:15 PM |#197  

More
10x man! Its Solved now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th November 2013, 10:15 AM |#198  

More
Thanks
16th November 2013, 11:32 AM |#199  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranduymb

Thanks

You're welcome!
16th November 2013, 11:55 AM |#200  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I really like these tuts.
16th November 2013, 12:06 PM |#201  
Flag City of Joy!!!!
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Please provide me 'logo.bin' from Nexus 5 stock image.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)