FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2015, 09:40 PM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You need to give us more detail. What have you tried? Have you tired flashing each image file individually using fastboot?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

I opened the flash all file.

15th August 2015, 10:03 PM |#2002  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenez

Don't use the flash-all.bat. See the long method in the op of this thread. Flash each image file separately.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app
15th August 2015, 10:13 PM |#2003  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenez

Very recently, I've stated several times to only use the long method 2 for now. Maybe should have OP update first post as people only read that post?
16th August 2015, 06:53 AM |#2004  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodeje79

Very recently, I've stated several times to only use the long method 2 for now. Maybe should have OP update first post as people only read that post?

update the android sdk platform-tool to preview 23rc5..
Seems the new fastboot can flash the zip without and problem on my N5, N9 .

It refused to update with zip before, which need to flash img one by one....
16th August 2015, 10:44 AM |#2005  

More
"fastboot flash cache C:\androidimage\cache.img"
Does "/androidimage" mean the image hammerhead folder?
25th August 2015, 03:32 PM |#2006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Never gets to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset"
Followed all the steps, but then selecting Recovery Mode just has it hang at the white "Google" logo. Never gets to the next option. Help?
25th August 2015, 06:54 PM |#2007  
Flag Orange County, California
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Another day, another platform-tools release.

Attached is a zipped copy of the most recent platform tools, final release version 23. Not a release candidate. Not sure what's changed since RC5. Downloaded directly from Google using Android SDK.

I have used these files to flash Marshmallow preview 3 with flash-all no problem. Someone may want to try them with LMY48I and report back regarding whether it solves the flash-all problem on that build. The last time I tried to flash LMY48I it was with release candidate 4, I think, and it didn't work. Since this is a final release hopefully it works.

Please attempt flash-all.bat with LMY48I and report back.
Attached Files
File Type: zip platform-tools.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.57 MB, 88 views)
3rd September 2015, 11:04 AM |#2008  

More
Unique problem with flashing namely lollipop. SOLVED
Hello, I faced unique problem. Device Nexus 5 D820. I've read this topic and did everything the same as described here.
Problem is than I am not able to flash lollipop (Android 5+) factory images. I mean everything goes fine, but when it comes to final start of the system it stuck on flying dots (dots are moving) over 4-5 hours and won't open. However the KitKat (Android 4+) factory images flashes properly, the system loads in 10 minutes. I also tried to update from Android 4.4.4 by google update (Android 5+) notification, but it also gets stuck on the same flying dots. The problem began when my device running Android 5.1 several months suddenly rebooted and system stated that the data was corrupted. Then, following errors appeared:
E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
Then, after several flash things these errors do not appear already, but problem still remains...

UPDATE: Problem is SOLVED

Greatest @bitdomo posted guide as unique as my problem. It is caused by /persist partition which was corrupted and THANKS to @ bitdomo I managed to solve it following this topic
[GUIDE][FIX] Boot loop on Lollipop 5.0 and above (fix persist partition)
The Following User Says Thank You to lion369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lion369 Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 04:20 PM |#2009  

More
I followed every step of the tutorial ,but when I start the flash-all.bat file at the beginning it's ok, until it says :
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
failed to allocate 1046364921 bytes
error: update package missing system.img
press any Kay to exit ...
I executed the file in a folder containing all the files shown in the tutorial. Can anyone help me please ?
6th September 2015, 05:51 PM |#2010  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
First, don't worry about the *.sig errors. Those are normal. Try the long method, flashing each image file separately. Also, make sure you have the latest version of fastboot. The easiest way I know how to do that is Google 15 second adb install xda. Install that, it had the recent version.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
7th September 2015, 06:26 PM |#2011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

First, don't worry about the *.sig errors. Those are normal. Try the long method, flashing each image file separately. Also, make sure you have the latest version of fastboot. The easiest way I know how to do that is Google 15 second adb install xda. Install that, it had the recent version.

thank you, I tried the long method and it worked, however I think there's an error in the commands that must be typed, in fact the last command says "fastboot flash cache C:\androidimage\cache.img" although the other ones refer to the hammerhead-krt16m... folder. Am I wrong ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)