FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2013, 08:14 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrro82

I flashed fauxs kernel and thats what did this to my phone. Baseband shows unknown and my SD card is gone. Like a partition was wiped out.I made a backup prior to flashing. If I went into recovery and factory reset the phone and restored the backup would that possiby work?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Unfortunately no.

Yeah, try restoring the backup.

Still, the cmd error is weird...
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free

7th November 2013, 08:32 PM |#72  
Flag Astoria
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Yeah, try restoring the backup.

Still, the cmd error is weird...

Really weird. In twrp I can see the things on my SD card. Just not when the phone is booted up.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Halle-frickin-leujah for backups. I factory reset it and restored. Baseband and SD card are back. IDK what the eff I did but i am not flashing that again. On a different note and I noticed this when I flashed the kernel, I was unable to mount cache in TWRP. How do I correct that one? Thank you very much for your help. It's much appreciated.
7th November 2013, 10:51 PM |#73  
Flag Astoria

More
I'm wondering if I didn't mess up a partition and that's why I lost baseband and SD card when I flashed that kernel. Is that a possibility?

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!
7th November 2013, 10:59 PM |#74  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrro82

I'm wondering if I didn't mess up a partition and that's why I lost baseband and SD card when I flashed that kernel. Is that a possibility?

It's a possibility. Anyone else having issues flashing the kernel? It was faux, right?
7th November 2013, 11:02 PM |#75  
Flag Astoria

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

It's a possibility. Anyone else having issues flashing the kernel? It was faux, right?

Yes it was faux. I saw someone else lost baseband and it was suggested they clear cache and dalvik. He never responded back if it worked. Not sure if you see my post above to abaa about cache in TWRP. Any thoughts?

7th November 2013, 11:20 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
seriously, you are amazing.....i tried all the toolkits on xda to restore stock - my radio wasnt working after dirty flashes. this simple method worked a treat.
the flash all bat would run from the extracted location so i copied all the files into the sdk/platform-tools folder and ir worked a treat
thanks again!
8th November 2013, 02:32 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flash count reset
Is it required or recommended to run Triangle Away on a Nexus device before flashing back to stock? I wasn't sure if the Nexus devices counted/tracked how many times the device has been flashed.

Thanks
8th November 2013, 02:37 AM |#78  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardAttack

Is it required or recommended to run Triangle Away on a Nexus device before flashing back to stock? I wasn't sure if the Nexus devices counted/tracked how many times the device has been flashed.

Thanks

No, you don't have to worry about flash counters, etc on a nexus device. If you ever have to warranty it just flash the stock image and re-lock it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 05:32 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I have a slightly off-topic question. I want to have the stock recovery (4.4) after rooting the Nexus 5 using a custom recovery. All I have to do is flash the stock recovery extracted from image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip file, like below?

1. Boot into bootloader using power + volume down.
2. In windows command prompt, type following

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Of course executed in the same folder where stock recovery that I extracted from the factory image zip file.

Thank you in advance.
8th November 2013, 05:59 AM |#80  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopri

I have a slightly off-topic question. I want to have the stock recovery (4.4) after rooting the Nexus 5 using a custom recovery. All I have to do is flash the stock recovery extracted from image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip file, like below?

1. Boot into bootloader using power + volume down.
2. In windows command prompt, type following

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Of course executed in the same folder where stock recovery that I extracted from the factory image zip file.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, that's all you have to do.
8th November 2013, 06:38 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Yes, that's all you have to do.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root