FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

3,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,459

By abaaaabbbb63, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2013, 06:38 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Yes, that's all you have to do.

Thank you!

8th November 2013, 02:01 PM |#82  
TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 175

More
ot: so i did that twrp NANDROID backup, it was around 1gb

can i safely delete that TWRP folder from my phone? i already backed up that folder to my PC

thanks
8th November 2013, 02:06 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035

can i safely delete that TWRP folder from my phone? i already backed up that folder to my PC

thanks

Yes, you can delete the backup. Be sure you remember its path.
8th November 2013, 02:09 PM |#84  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,645

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035

thanks

Yes you can BUT you'll need it when you'll want to restore a backup. I always keep one backup on my phone (at least).
Otherwise if you have a weird issue you'll have to transfer your backup via ADB afaik.
8th November 2013, 04:11 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Method one does not work for me
Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me.

I'm going to give a full explenation of what i have done so you could follow everything

So first i wanted to root my nexus by using CF-autoroot, therefore i activated usb debugger and installed the google usb driver.
Once started it said "error fastboot path specific etc" i first didn't realise what this was so i gave up. But now after everything i realised that my drivers of adb and fastboot weren't installed properly.

Then i made the biggest mistake of all. I used the nexus 5 multi kit 3.0 (apparently using a tool as a beginner isnt recommended) so it unlocked, then it asked witch custom recovery i wanted and it installed CMW. (without rebooting the device) and there it stopped. so i wanted to go out of cmw and it asked if i wanted to go back to the original recovery but i denied that. waiting waiting waiting, but my device was stuck in bootloop.

So i went to another toolkit (kwogger) and i selected unbrick device, but that followed with a lot of errors (i think it had to do with the drivers of adb and fastboot)

Then i say this tutorial, first i didnt manage to install the drivers properrly and it said "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file". But today i managed to install them correctly.

Next it said like someone else mentioned "error cannot open see image" So the way i executed this proces was by right mouse clik ot the file "flash all" open it as an administrator". but i dont know what else i would supposed to do

(I can get into my bootloader, (so if i press power vol up and down i can see a big android with a blue belle and at the bottem it says bootloader uunlocked. It is from this location that i try to install everything)

I actually don't know what i have to do, Can someone please help me. I tried to explain everything that i have done, i really hope someone could help me with this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	201
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2379606  
8th November 2013, 04:36 PM |#86  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko91

Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me.

I'm going to give a full explenation of what i have done so you could follow everything

So first i wanted to root my nexus by using CF-autoroot, therefore i activated usb debugger and installed the google usb driver.
Once started it said "error fastboot path specific etc" i first didn't realise what this was so i gave up. But now after everything i realised that my drivers of adb and fastboot weren't installed properly.

Then i made the biggest mistake of all. I used the nexus 5 multi kit 3.0 (apparently using a tool as a beginner isnt recommended) so it unlocked, then it asked witch custom recovery i wanted and it installed CMW. (without rebooting the device) and there it stopped. so i wanted to go out of cmw and it asked if i wanted to go back to the original recovery but i denied that. waiting waiting waiting, but my device was stuck in bootloop.

So i went to another toolkit (kwogger) and i selected unbrick device, but that followed with a lot of errors (i think it had to do with the drivers of adb and fastboot)

Then i say this tutorial, first i didnt manage to install the drivers properrly and it said "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file". But today i managed to install them correctly.

Next it said like someone else mentioned "error cannot open see image" So the way i executed this proces was by right mouse clik ot the file "flash all" open it as an administrator". but i dont know what else i would supposed to do

(I can get into my bootloader, (so if i press power vol up and down i can see a big android with a blue belle and at the bottem it says bootloader uunlocked. It is from this location that i try to install everything)

I actually don't know what i have to do, Can someone please help me. I tried to explain everything that i have done, i really hope someone could help me with this one

Right click the "image-hammerhead-Xxxx.zip". What permissions does it have?
8th November 2013, 04:39 PM |#87  

More
Quote:

Right click the "image-hammerhead-Xxxx.zip". What permissions does it have?

Thank u for trying to help me, do you mean this one?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Permissions image.png
Views:	196
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	2379662  
8th November 2013, 04:43 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thank u for trying to help me, do you mean this one?

Permissions seem ok. Tick the "Full control".

Try moving the whole folder on another disk partition (From C to D), and try again.
8th November 2013, 05:00 PM |#89  

More
Quote:

Permissions seem ok. Tick the "Full control".

Try moving the whole folder on another disk partition (From C to D), and try again.

I moved it to another partition, and it still didn't worked.
The i thought let me try it without "Run as administrator" and it WORKED!!!

BUT

Wait for everything to flash.

★After everything finished, select "Recovery" using the volume buttons.

★When a small Android appears, press Power Button + Volume UP.

★Select "Wipe data/factory data reset"

★Reboot. Your phone should be stock.

These were the stuff it did not do, it went straight to rebooting and stock rom was still on it. (I have put the "flashing proces in the discription)

is this it?? bootloader is still unlocked and i guess i have still cmw (didnt try to go in there)

Should i do anything else

I really thank u a lot my friend
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Flashing Proces.png
Views:	184
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	2379703  
8th November 2013, 05:04 PM |#90  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I moved it to another partition, and it still didn't worked.
The i thought let me try it without "Run as administrator" and it WORKED!!!

BUT

Wait for everything to flash.

★After everything finished, select "Recovery" using the volume buttons.

★When a small Android appears, press Power Button + Volume UP.

★Select "Wipe data/factory data reset"

★Reboot. Your phone should be stock.

These were the stuff it did not do, it went straight to rebooting and stock rom was still on it. (I have put the "flashing proces in the discription)

is this it?? bootloader is still unlocked and i guess i have still cmw (didnt try to go in there)

Should i do anything else

I really thank u a lot my friend

I don't really get what you did, but I'm glad you sorted it out
8th November 2013, 05:12 PM |#91  

More
Quote:

I don't really get what you did, but I'm glad you sorted it out

Normally i ran "flash all" as an administrator, (i also tried this when i moved everything out to an other partition, it still didnt work, but then i tried it by just double clicking on it and it just started to do its thing, i did not do anything else, it just finished the process and went straight to the installation proces of android so choosing language, giving your email adress etc)

I am done for today, but could i still try to get root on this device, just follow your tutorial right (bootloader is unlocked, and i checked that cmw is nott on it, so just the normal official recovery mode), this time i wont use any of the toolkits

Btw, how can i donate something to you? you might have realised it, but i'm quite new to these things

Thank you very much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, factory, images, nexus 5, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)