First Ever Android 8.1 for Nexus 5 [Every Month Update]
This is my new project dedicated to all Nexus 5 users!
The goal is to reproduce the Google Pixel 2 system.What does UBR stand for?
It is based on unofficial Unlegacy Android Project 8.1 Beta.
This UBR contains some useful tools that can be easily uninstalled.
The letters UBR stand for Update By Recovery - a very non conventional way of flashing.Why you should install this ROM?
This backup does not contain the EFS partition which holds your personal IMEI number,
that's why you can use it on any Nexus 5 phone!
+ Really easy flash by swiping only one button in TWRP!Why is it so BIG?
+ Quick Installation (it usually takes 3 minutes)
+ It works instantly after reboot
+ If the phone is not damaged it will always work
+ It looks like Google Pixel 2 from the box (in 99%)
+ It has extra functions that can be uninstalled (Magisk etc)
– It has a 4 times larger installation file than standard flashable ROM
– Other applications from your Google account will need to be installed manually
This UBR contains: ROM (298 MB) + OpenGApps Nano (141 MB) + Other Modules/Mods+ Other Google apps.What works:
After installation you can remove all unwanted apps including Magisk (Unroot).
- Almost everything.
- Trusted face (from Smart Lock)
- Fast (Quick) Charging
- WakeBlock (wait for the update)
- Xposed Framework (with Pixel NavBar module) breaks the SafetyNet.
If you want to use apps that require the SafetyNet be passed, uninstall Xposed (the navigation bar will return to the AOSP version).Requirements:
- All you need is Google Nexus 5 16/32GB smartphone with TWRP 3.2.1-1 (Team Win Recovery Project) installed.
- Download the First Ever Android 8.1 for Nexus 5:
Direct, Dropbox, Mega, Google Drive, OneDrive, Magnet, Torrent.
- Installation Guide - make sure you follow all the instructions carefully, without skipping any steps!
- FAQ - if you have a problem with my UBR please read the answers to frequently asked questions.
Please download the latest version from official page - use Google to find it.
I will not continue my project here, until this thread is removed.
Do not worry, this project is still being developed (but not here).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!