Accidentally wiped internal storage..need help adb pushing rom!

Search This thread

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
as the title states..in a rush i accidentally wiped my internal storage and everything else..i can get into recovery and fastboot mode

i have all the adb drives and stuff installed from when i previously used it (months ago)

when i plug my phone into my pc in fastboot it doesnt not connect and adb devices does not list it as connected

please PM me and help me..i just need to push a rom onto the phone so i can flash it

Last edited:

Bawlz McNutt

Jul 25, 2011
New York, NY
as the title states..in a rush i accidentally wiped my internal storage and everything else..i can get into recovery and fastboot mode

i have all the adb drives and stuff installed from when i previously used it (months ago)

when i plug my phone into my pc in fastboot it doesnt not connect and adb devices does not list it as connected

please PM me and help me..i just need to push a rom onto the phone so i can flash it

That's ironic, the very same thing happen to me yesterday except in my case I undervolted too low and corrupted the data, had to format everything.

Which recovery are you using? PhilZ Touch allows you to push stuff onto the internal storage.

The command would be "adb push (name of your folder) /sdcard/"

Reactions: jdiddy_ub

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
adb doesn't work in fastboot mode. Only fastboot works in fastboot mode. adb works only in recovery mode or Android mode. adb and fastboot are NOT the same thing. They are not synonymous

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xnickfx

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
  1. Get fastboot and adb exes for windows.
  2. Add them to your PATH to make them available from everywhere.
  3. If you dont know from where to get fastboot and adb and you dont know how to add them to the PATH, then this is for you.

• If you choose TWRP to flash new rom:

1. If you are on windows 8 or 8.1 then disable driver signature enforcement.
  2. You need universal naked drivers.
  3. Open CMD window on your PC.
  4. Go to that directory where the rom.zip is. (The commands you need to navigate between folders: dir and cd)

• For adb push:
  1. Type this in the CMD window and flash it in TWRP:
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

• For adb sideload:

1. In twrp: Advanced->ADB Sideload->Swipe to Start Sideload
  2. Then type this in the CMD window:
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip

If you ends up in boot loop do a factory reset.

For flashing factory images:
  1. Enter the phone to fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
  2. Install usb drivers from google.
  3. Download factory images for nexus 5 and extract it.
  4. Run flash-all.bat.

If you are still lost I recommend you these threads:
[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5
[Tutorial] How to flash factory images with LG Flashtool

Last edited:

toprunner2786

Feb 28, 2011
I've been having trouble with this..... When I wipe data in twrp it also wipes internal storage. How are people wiping their device for a clean rom install?

toprunner2786

Feb 28, 2011
For me, by not using TWRP ;)

Oh.... Interesting I guess I never thought that it could be an issue with the recovery itself.... I just assumed it was operator error.

So I would assume CWM is the obvious alternative.... Is there anything else that is recommended?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I've been having trouble with this..... When I wipe data in twrp it also wipes internal storage. How are people wiping their device for a clean rom install?

What do you mean by internal storage? Wiping data will wipe your apps but anything on your internal sdcard should not be wiped. Backups, etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd

What I do is reboot to twrp. Select wipe then swipe that thing which tells me "swipe to factory reset".
This does wipes /cache and /data without deleting /data/media. The files on the internal storage is in /data/media/0
What I do not do is selecting Format data and type yes for format or going into the advanced wipe and select /sdcard to format too.

ogrieboi

Nov 23, 2014
hey

hey i have the same problem dude can you please help me with this

bbudh

Aug 13, 2016
Hi, can anyone help me, I got problem.
I have Lenovo A526 phone stuck in logo. First time I used Sp Flash Tools & Stock Rom to fix, after all done the popup said "Download OK" but after restart it still hang in logo. I tried few time.
Stock ROM from this site: http://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-a526 And I use SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1628 from that site too.
Then I use this rom: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1184121 With the same SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1628. I use " [Custom ROM] A526 is based on a sink firmware ROW_031 for Lenovo a526 " from FoxtrotKZ, result still same.
Later I've used ADB & TWRP recovery to install a custom rom. With this custom rom:
http://www.needrom.com/download/miui...v5-5-01-16-ru/
https://filosofipohonkelapa.wordpres...n-ke-lollipop/
http://www.mastahdroid.com/2015/08/c...novo-a526.html
I tried via adb sideload and via sdcard too. Same result.
On TWRP recovery the message said "Installation Done ! Please Reboot ! Successful".
But at the end of line of installation, it's written:
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
E:Unable to mount '/data'
E:Unable to mount '/system'
Then I reboot and it still hang in logo
https://postimg.org/image/6tlj5nem7/
I boot to recovery and tried "wipe" option, Same result.
https://postimg.org/image/oibdy3b7f/
Dont know the meaning of that and fix this. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Steven_2302

Nov 5, 2015
I'm using nexus 6p and when I try to install new pie Ron with FBE instead of FDE, I use a USB OTG adapter and install the zip from USB storage then completely format internal storage.
So if you have USB OTG then you can mount the USB storage into TWRP and install from there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's ironic, the very same thing happen to me yesterday except in my case I undervolted too low and corrupted the data, had to format everything.

Which recovery are you using? PhilZ Touch allows you to push stuff onto the internal storage.

The command would be "adb push (name of your folder) /sdcard/"
    thanks for the response...im using TWRP...i just decided to flash the stock images and start from scratch
    adb doesn't work in fastboot mode. Only fastboot works in fastboot mode. adb works only in recovery mode or Android mode. adb and fastboot are NOT the same thing. They are not synonymous