Here are the steps I took in order to add cards and get Android Pay functioning on my phone:
- Get the Google Pay APK from here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
- You'll also need an upgrade for Google Play Services, I was not able to get it through Apple Pay, I had to get it from here:
NOTE: have to install Google Play Services that ends in 238 for the N5
Then do the following steps:
- Install Android Pay
- Install Google Play Services
- Clear Data for Android Pay
- Go into SuperSU and unroot
- setup Android Pay
- re-root using SuperSU
So this allowed me to add/manage cards in Android Pay - but some users are getting an error such as:
"MASTERCARD-XXXX can't be used with Android Pay right now " when trying to pay with their phone.
The other item I noted is that after verifying my credit card with the issuing bank - it took several hours (>8) before I received official confirmation that the card was made available for mobile payment.
I'm guessing that it may take a while before the cards are 'activated for mobile payment?
Anyone able to use Android Pay to make a payment on their N5 (rooted, Custom ROM) ?
Note: I'm running on Cataclysm and HellsCore Kernel.