[Q] Asphalt 8 wont install (App not installed error)

Search This thread

valkyrie12

Oct 9, 2013
Someone please help me this is freaking me out I looked up on google too, found nothing.
I am running android 4.4.2. It wont install both on dalvik and ART.
Please help

kwamayze

Mar 15, 2011
Same problem here. App used to work until i switched to ART. Now it won't install in either ART or Dalvik.

ayushdevv

Feb 2, 2014
Asphalt 8 not getting installed on nexus 5 (error: app not installed)

Even I m having the same problem. I m unable to install it from a shared apk file, but it got installed on other Non kitkat android device..
I tried changing the run time to art, deleted every pre installed files of asphalt but all in vein..:rolleyes:

Anyone got a solution..

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Even I m having the same problem. I m unable to install it from a shared apk file, but it got installed on other Non kitkat android device..
I tried changing the run time to art, deleted every pre installed files of asphalt but all in vein..:rolleyes:

Anyone got a solution..

If it's a "shared" apk, then it might work on the other device because it might be designed for it. Not sure about Asphalt particularly, but many Gameloft games have different versions for different processors. That, or you need to make sure you get the game data folder with the .obb in it that goes with the "shared" apk.

But if you are making a clean install from the Play Store, then I'd try to make sure I was on Dalvik (sure, it probably runs on ART, but seems like things install from the Play Store on Dalvik better, in my experience) and like PhilipTD mentioned, if you have had it installed before, delete the game data folder in /data/data and I'd delete the obb folder on the /sdcard in either the /android or /Gameloft folder (I don't have the game and too lazy to Google it), if that didn't get removed either. If all that fails, and you purchased the game, let Gameloft know and I'm sure they could point you in the right direction or discuss a refund.

Yash24

Jan 22, 2015
Bilaspur
Uninstall any other gameloft games
It will work definitely!:):)
I was also having this prob and this occurs only with gloft games

LuckyModder

Mar 19, 2018

Anyone got a solution..

I just found out that if I use apkeditor to change the installation location to internal the recompiled apk will install, I tried it with a couple of apps I couldn't install on my galaxy s4 with lollipop and now I can :laugh:
So far for me it was Exoplanet Explorer and Turbo Dismount, and on both I just had to change the default location to internal.