FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] What is baidu folder for ?

529 posts
Thanks Meter: 338

By uberNoobZA, Senior Member on 27th November 2013, 08:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just noticed a folder titled baidu on my Nexus 5 (/storage/emulated/o/baidu). In it there is a single file titled .cuid.

Can someone tell me what this folder and file are for? I checked my Nexus 7 (with stock 4.4 on it) and the folder and file exist on that too.

-EDIT- No, I haven't installed any 'Baidu' titled apps from playstore

27th November 2013, 12:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Folder doesn't exist on mine...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
27th November 2013, 12:46 PM |#3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,655

More
Its for an app. But we don't know every folder by every app

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
27th November 2013, 01:25 PM |#4  
Flag vasto
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Baidu is the biggest chinese portal, something like Google in the rest of the world,
in China Google is not accessible and they got this Baidu, maybe your phone was originally planned to be shipped in China
or some guy between Lg factory and you downloaded this app on your phone and forget to delete folder but only app...weird
29th November 2013, 07:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Thanks for the replies, and I know who Baidu is (which is why I asked the question, as I never installed anything of theirs.)

Its weird that the file and folder are on my tablet too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th January 2014, 02:00 PM |#6  
Flag Ede
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same file here.
Yeah it is a strange file baidu.cuid, but I have it in a different folder: internal memory/baidu I also never installed a baidu app or anything. I did update my s3 with the new 4.3 update.

The question remains what is this file for?
4th April 2014, 05:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
MIUI Launcher/Theme
It's part of the MIUI launcher/theme. I have the same folder on the root of my sdcard (along w/ a 'tempdata' folder inside containing .dat and .db files). I got one of the .dat files to open with Notepad on my PC and could see it was MIUI. I installed the MIUI launcher awhile back - so this explains the orphaned dir for me. Hope this helps someone else looking.
The Following User Says Thank You to b3aucb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b3aucb Ad-Free
20th August 2014, 08:50 PM |#8  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I've got the same thing. It has one hidden file named .cuid and was last modified 3 days ago... I'm on a rooted Verizon M8.
20th August 2014, 10:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I have it too.
What is the miui launcher or theme?

Mine was recently written to, so I'm worried. Anyone know what happens if this Baidu folder is deleted?
20th August 2014, 10:44 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,916

More
its not one, but many different apps/themes install it if not already in the phone. stop freaking out. if you dont like it, delete it. if it comes back, then its one of the apps that you are now using.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simms22 Ad-Free
20th August 2014, 10:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I made a nandroid backup and the deleted the folder. So far everything works fine. No difference. Didn't come back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)