[Q] Bluetooth in call volume very low

Search This thread

bralok

Feb 25, 2014
Hi all,

I have been suffering the following problem for several weeks already, I hope someone can help me to get it solved. I have a parrot bluetooth car kit installed in my car (mk6000 model) which is able to play music on stereo.

When I play music the volume level is pretty good, as good as when I use the speakers or wired headphones. However, the in call volume is extremely low, no matter if the Nexus was playing music right before the call or in stand-by (with wired headphones or no accessories in-call volume is fine). This also happens to both incoming and outgoing calls.

I have tried to unpair and then pair again the device but it is still the same. Also installed the Bluetooth Volume application with no luck. I have not checked with bluetooth headphones but I assume that I would get the same issue.

I am surprised that nobody posted this before (at least I could not find anything) and I am wondering if this is only happening to me.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!

bralok

Feb 25, 2014
Hi all,

I have been suffering the following problem for several weeks already, I hope someone can help me to get it solved. I have a parrot bluetooth car kit installed in my car (mk6000 model) which is able to play music on stereo.

When I play music the volume level is pretty good, as good as when I use the speakers or wired headphones. However, the in call volume is extremely low, no matter if the Nexus was playing music right before the call or in stand-by (with wired headphones or no accessories in-call volume is fine). This also happens to both incoming and outgoing calls.

I have tried to unpair and then pair again the device but it is still the same. Also installed the Bluetooth Volume application with no luck. I have not checked with bluetooth headphones but I assume that I would get the same issue.

I am surprised that nobody posted this before (at least I could not find anything) and I am wondering if this is only happening to me.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!

Anybody having this problem?

Thanks.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I don't answer when I'm driving but sometimes when I do answer, the volume is the same as the music playback volume...

I have used Nokia's old wireless headphones with my n5 and the sound is pretty decent...

bralok

Feb 25, 2014
I don't answer when I'm driving but sometimes when I do answer, the volume is the same as the music playback volume...

I have used Nokia's old wireless headphones with my n5 and the sound is pretty decent...

It is quite weird, can you please tell me which bluetooth car kit you have installed?

I don't know how deep you have dove into your nexus experience but this would help:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532788

Thanks, but I am not sure if this would work for me. I just need the volume in-call boost when bluetooth is connected. I want in-call speakers or wired headphones volume remain as is. I do not want any change for music streaming volume (bluetooth or speakers). Is this possible?

Thanks!