FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Broken Power And Volume Down Buttons

392 posts
Thanks Meter: 233

By chcknsld, Senior Member on 22nd November 2019, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The phone is switched off due to a fall impact which caused slight movement to the battery interrupting the power. Is there any way to boot without those important keys? It's stuck on the battery charging screen when I plug in the cable and I can't think of any other way to bypass that to access recovery or download mode because if I do, I can boot the phone from either of those two using adb or fastboot commands. I can't do anything on the battery charging screen. Is there a reset pinhole or something in this phone? Is this a dead end?
24th November 2019, 01:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
(I'm noob)
Option 1: Unplug battery from circuit board, and unplug usb plug. At this stage, the phone is off. With battery unplugged, press VolumeDown button and plug in usb cable (the usb cable must be powered either from charger or computer). The phone should start in bootloader mode. If you want to enter recovery, you must plug back in the battery connector to the circuit board, other wise the phone will just turn off. Then proceed with ADB/Fastboot as you suggested. (Tested this method right now to make sure it worked before posting)

Option 2: You may have a chance a starting the phone by short circuiting the pins to which the PWR and/or VolumeDown buttons are soldered to on circuit board.
I tested this method because my PWR button was broken and was acting like it was always pressed which forced a reboot each time. I unsoldered it and dismantled the button, clean inside it by scrapping off dirt and recreating the bend or dome shape of the button mechanism. I then finished by re-enclosing the button and then soldered it back to the circuit board. It worked fine, until next morning upon wakeup I decided to resolder the button because it wasn't perfectly parallel to the side of the board. By re-soldering, I destroyed the solder pad and was never able to solder it again. The phone is not usable as a daily anymore, only usefull for surveillance cam or server...

Edit: found this thread that may be usefull for you.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...-make-t3410081
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)